Sounds really interesting, would love to see it
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:03 am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Nigel Cabourn - Page 220
Styleforum Top Picks
So in addition this quote of myself here I posted about something interesting that day about two weeks ago. Long story short the Cabourn shop wasn't allowing you to put items in your cart with the exception of one item. Well that one item was the sole remaining site exclusive ventile Aircraft Jacket in Camo in my size, a 50. So I quickly added that to my cart and grabbed it. The checkout process worked this time as well and the transaction seemed to go through. I had an email confirmation from Sagepay (and I think Cabourn), but I never got word that it had shipped.
Well the jacket arrived on Saturday. If you've not tried the ventile Aircraft Jacket yet, it's a nice jacket. In fact I like the Aircraft Jacket generally as I'm a 50 no questions asked (I'm a 50 generally in Cabourn, but sometimes a 52). It is a bit of a boxier jacket, but that's the intended look and it works fine with my broader shoulders and chest. What it does do nicely is it tapers down to your waste. In fact some might find it hard to size down if that's the case. For me it's great though because I taper myself. The Camo print itself is different. The pattern is similar to other Cabourn patterns I've seen, but the coloring is different giving it an entirely different appearance. If you're expecting the same coloring and look of the Notch Work Jacket you'll be disappointed. It has the nice big brown Corozo buttons that the other ventile Aircraft Jackets have, and they're reinforced at the storm flap. The zipper is the riri zip with the Barbouresque pull tab. It's a double zipper as well which is a feature I always love. The leather cords are a darker army green with standard cognac colored leather hold piece. The ventile taping of the outer seams, which stands out on the standard Ventile Aircrafts, isn't noticeable right away on this verion unles you're looking for them. This along with the obvious fact that the jacket is Camo definitely makes it less sporty than the standard Ventile Aircrafts from this collection. The ventile taping is more prevelant on the inside of the jacket. There is a lot of ventile taping on the pockets alone and whether the taping is on the inside of the jacket or the outside, not a single seam goes untaped. Obviously this version of the Aircraft Jacket is more expensive than other versions we've seen in the past or even this season. I think that must be down to the use of ventile (and I'm not sure how expensive ventile is) and the construction of the coat with all the ventile taping. Personally I'm not inclined to get it at full price, but I'm happy with getting it on sale and foresee a lot of wear in the future. I've seen the "it's a windbreaker" comments, and it indeed looks like a windbreaker, but I've never seen a windbreaker look this good and I really like how the colors, the taping, the cords and the buttons all come together. The only two things I'd have liked to have seen done differently are the buttons reinforced at both the cuff and pockets as well (at minimum at the pocket) and the pull tab on the zipper to be a more... substantial for lack of a better term. Overall I like the Camo jacket, but I actually prefer the navy (standard navy, not the Present exclusive), survival yellow (my favorite) and antarctic orange colors. Apart from the colors, they're all identical to what I've posted above.
Just today the Cabourn online shop has either updated their inventory with returns or simply updated their inventory (I assume the former) because they now have a few camo Aircraft Jackets in stock again.
So Cabourn has already shown the SS14 Collection in Paris and last week Berlin with Bread and Butter. Anyone found any pictures as of yet? I'm not finding anything online. I'm very interested to see it. It's a collection based on military deadstock and British fighters who participated in the Spanish Civil War against the fascists (IE Madidistas not apply). I've only seen the little sketch, but who knows how representative that will be. There will apparently be another Converse collaboration as well.
And some instagram shots here: http://statigr.am/benjaminleephillips
Bread and Butter usually gets better press coverage than Tranoi so I'd expect some more pictures to show up online over the next week.
Blaugrana - can we get fit pics of the camo jacket? Sounds great. Also fit pics of the yellow jacket? That's my favourite but *damn* is it expensive compared to the untaped aircraft jacket!
edit 2: Ok I bought the yellow taped jacket. If anyone wants the red for a ridiculously low price, PM me.
edit 3: Received the proper size in Cabourn x Converse today. Not usually a fan of Converse at all, but these are great.
Edited by Arizor - 7/9/13 at 8:58pm
I agree with Blaugrana, it's a great colour for anyone, certainly in that piece. I have the navy but would love to find either the yellow or orange as well.
I think I'm seeing a light blue ventile aircraft jacket in robin's Tranoi link. That looks promising to me!
Presumably a few of the big names among the anti-fascists will be mentioned in the collection .. I'm thinking Orwell and Hemingway as a start. Of course there were many ordinary British and Americans who fought as well.
I think I'm seeing a light blue ventile aircraft jacket in robin's Tranoi link. That looks promising to me!Presumably a few of the big names among the anti-fascists will be mentioned in the collection .. I'm thinking Orwell and Hemingway as a start. Of course there were many ordinary British and Americans who fought as well.
Maybe. I think it's a great choice for a period to base a SS line on.
Didn't even notice that Aircraft Jacket.
Here are a few more. Not very telling with some:
Some shots better than others. Not sure about the camo pattern on the chest pocket work jacket. At least it's different. We'll have to see. Definitely not a fan of the Converse, but is that a Cabourn bag next to them? That looks nice. The girl is wearing Cabourn and I like that camo pattern.
I noticed that the left heel was rubbing.
The problem is a load of surplus fabric for some reason stitched to the inside left heel.
Removing the foam sole, the problem is clearly illustrated:
Right boot (normal):
Left boot (odd):
Anyone have a similar issue or bit of fabric? What's going on?
- Nigel Cabourn
Styleforum Top Picks
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 18 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 29 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 55 seconds ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...