Sounds really interesting, would love to see it
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:02 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Nigel Cabourn - Page 220post #3286 of 62357/9/13 at 2:44pmpost #3287 of 62357/9/13 at 3:03pmQuote:
So in addition this quote of myself here I posted about something interesting that day about two weeks ago. Long story short the Cabourn shop wasn't allowing you to put items in your cart with the exception of one item. Well that one item was the sole remaining site exclusive ventile Aircraft Jacket in Camo in my size, a 50. So I quickly added that to my cart and grabbed it. The checkout process worked this time as well and the transaction seemed to go through. I had an email confirmation from Sagepay (and I think Cabourn), but I never got word that it had shipped.
Well the jacket arrived on Saturday. If you've not tried the ventile Aircraft Jacket yet, it's a nice jacket. In fact I like the Aircraft Jacket generally as I'm a 50 no questions asked (I'm a 50 generally in Cabourn, but sometimes a 52). It is a bit of a boxier jacket, but that's the intended look and it works fine with my broader shoulders and chest. What it does do nicely is it tapers down to your waste. In fact some might find it hard to size down if that's the case. For me it's great though because I taper myself. The Camo print itself is different. The pattern is similar to other Cabourn patterns I've seen, but the coloring is different giving it an entirely different appearance. If you're expecting the same coloring and look of the Notch Work Jacket you'll be disappointed. It has the nice big brown Corozo buttons that the other ventile Aircraft Jackets have, and they're reinforced at the storm flap. The zipper is the riri zip with the Barbouresque pull tab. It's a double zipper as well which is a feature I always love. The leather cords are a darker army green with standard cognac colored leather hold piece. The ventile taping of the outer seams, which stands out on the standard Ventile Aircrafts, isn't noticeable right away on this verion unles you're looking for them. This along with the obvious fact that the jacket is Camo definitely makes it less sporty than the standard Ventile Aircrafts from this collection. The ventile taping is more prevelant on the inside of the jacket. There is a lot of ventile taping on the pockets alone and whether the taping is on the inside of the jacket or the outside, not a single seam goes untaped. Obviously this version of the Aircraft Jacket is more expensive than other versions we've seen in the past or even this season. I think that must be down to the use of ventile (and I'm not sure how expensive ventile is) and the construction of the coat with all the ventile taping. Personally I'm not inclined to get it at full price, but I'm happy with getting it on sale and foresee a lot of wear in the future. I've seen the "it's a windbreaker" comments, and it indeed looks like a windbreaker, but I've never seen a windbreaker look this good and I really like how the colors, the taping, the cords and the buttons all come together. The only two things I'd have liked to have seen done differently are the buttons reinforced at both the cuff and pockets as well (at minimum at the pocket) and the pull tab on the zipper to be a more... substantial for lack of a better term. Overall I like the Camo jacket, but I actually prefer the navy (standard navy, not the Present exclusive), survival yellow (my favorite) and antarctic orange colors. Apart from the colors, they're all identical to what I've posted above.
Just today the Cabourn online shop has either updated their inventory with returns or simply updated their inventory (I assume the former) because they now have a few camo Aircraft Jackets in stock again.post #3288 of 62357/9/13 at 3:36pmpost #3289 of 62357/9/13 at 4:00pmQuote:Some pictures here: http://redwing1905.blogspot.com/2013/06/tranoi-paris.htmlOriginally Posted by BLAUGRANA
So Cabourn has already shown the SS14 Collection in Paris and last week Berlin with Bread and Butter. Anyone found any pictures as of yet? I'm not finding anything online. I'm very interested to see it. It's a collection based on military deadstock and British fighters who participated in the Spanish Civil War against the fascists (IE Madidistas not apply). I've only seen the little sketch, but who knows how representative that will be. There will apparently be another Converse collaboration as well.
And some instagram shots here: http://statigr.am/benjaminleephillips
Bread and Butter usually gets better press coverage than Tranoi so I'd expect some more pictures to show up online over the next week.post #3290 of 62357/9/13 at 5:19pmpost #3291 of 62357/9/13 at 5:41pmThanks for the feedback guys, I think I'll keep it, I really like its design and functionality. Also agree that workwear (and hikerdelia, great term!) are still very much a niche men's fashion, hopefully we gain a bit more acceptance down the road from our other halves .
Blaugrana - can we get fit pics of the camo jacket? Sounds great. Also fit pics of the yellow jacket? That's my favourite but *damn* is it expensive compared to the untaped aircraft jacket!
edit 2: Ok I bought the yellow taped jacket. If anyone wants the red for a ridiculously low price, PM me.
edit 3: Received the proper size in Cabourn x Converse today. Not usually a fan of Converse at all, but these are great.
Edited by Arizor - 7/9/13 at 8:58pmpost #3292 of 62357/9/13 at 10:17pm^ FWIW I also think the fit is fine on you if it's a close fit you're after. I hardly ever wear red but I don't mind it in a piece of outerwear like a windbreaker.Quote:
I agree with Blaugrana, it's a great colour for anyone, certainly in that piece. I have the navy but would love to find either the yellow or orange as well.Quote:
I think I'm seeing a light blue ventile aircraft jacket in robin's Tranoi link. That looks promising to me!
Presumably a few of the big names among the anti-fascists will be mentioned in the collection .. I'm thinking Orwell and Hemingway as a start. Of course there were many ordinary British and Americans who fought as well.post #3293 of 62357/9/13 at 10:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by cold war painter
I think I'm seeing a light blue ventile aircraft jacket in robin's Tranoi link. That looks promising to me!Presumably a few of the big names among the anti-fascists will be mentioned in the collection .. I'm thinking Orwell and Hemingway as a start. Of course there were many ordinary British and Americans who fought as well.
Maybe. I think it's a great choice for a period to base a SS line on.
Didn't even notice that Aircraft Jacket.
Here are a few more. Not very telling with some:
Some shots better than others. Not sure about the camo pattern on the chest pocket work jacket. At least it's different. We'll have to see. Definitely not a fan of the Converse, but is that a Cabourn bag next to them? That looks nice. The girl is wearing Cabourn and I like that camo pattern.post #3294 of 62357/9/13 at 10:58pmpost #3295 of 62357/10/13 at 7:54ampost #3296 of 62357/11/13 at 5:28ampost #3297 of 62357/11/13 at 8:04pmI've got the strangest problem with my Bosey boots after wearing them for a day.
I noticed that the left heel was rubbing.
The problem is a load of surplus fabric for some reason stitched to the inside left heel.
Removing the foam sole, the problem is clearly illustrated:
Right boot (normal):
Left boot (odd):
Anyone have a similar issue or bit of fabric? What's going on?post #3298 of 62357/14/13 at 8:34pmpost #3299 of 62357/15/13 at 12:22ampost #3300 of 62357/15/13 at 1:51am
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: NWT Cantarelli Slim Fit Solid Charcoal Gray Suit, size 46EU /... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Bole Tannery, Sweden 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...