or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 215

post #3211 of 4638

They really are amateur hour over there!

I emailed several months ago when the web site went live and never received any reply (as others have mentioned)

I then emailed again two weeks ago inquiring about the camo aircraft and was told that the sale would start in a few weeks.  I checked again on Monday  - BEFORE the sale even started - and the camo jacket was indicated as no longer available.  I emailed again - and again no reply.

 

I think they pulled it either for another retailer or perhaps to list it again in the fall (as it seems to also be a fall jacket to me)

 

No big deal - even on sale the jacket is over $750 - more money left in my pocket.

 

It just seems like it is getting harder and harder to buy Cabourn (I am in the States).  I guess their loss.

 

Someone who has contact with them should point them in the direction of these postings so that they can realize the level of discontent with their website.  Definitely does not build good will for the brand.

post #3212 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

If you live on England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

Surely the same should apply to international, just we pay for the postage extra?

I can confirm that the code also works if you live on Scotland. No added shipping either. peepwall[1].gif

In other news, I finally tracked down a dark navy mallory from last winter. I kind of regretted not picking one up and thought I had missed out but I was looking on Stoy for something and seen one in my size on sale. Couldn't be happier with it. Really fast delivery from Denmark too.
post #3213 of 4638

The code also worked for me and I'm in Hong Kong. 

post #3214 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzlulu View Post

They really are amateur hour over there!
I emailed several months ago when the web site went live and never received any reply (as others have mentioned)
I then emailed again two weeks ago inquiring about the camo aircraft and was told that the sale would start in a few weeks.  I checked again on Monday  - BEFORE the sale even started - and the camo jacket was indicated as no longer available.  I emailed again - and again no reply.

I think they pulled it either for another retailer or perhaps to list it again in the fall (as it seems to also be a fall jacket to me)

No big deal - even on sale the jacket is over $750 - more money left in my pocket.

It just seems like it is getting harder and harder to buy Cabourn (I am in the States).  I guess their loss.

Someone who has contact with them should point them in the direction of these postings so that they can realize the level of discontent with their website.  Definitely does not build good will for the brand.

I do know that a couple of Nigel's assistant production managers and designers do know of this Cabourn thread on Styleforum as I discussed it with them at the Converse launch a couple of months ago

This is their first foray into a direct selling website and like them I would probably keep it simple to start with by offering a limited range to the UK market to keep payment and delivery processing simple.

I don't know this but I would guess the management of the web orders might be outsourced as Nigel has only a very small team who are more concerned with design and managing the manufacturing and supply chain with lots of travelling to shows and suppliers

Depending on success, I would think the website will expand in future collections

I think the camo aircraft has genuinely sold out prior to the sale - there were only a very few made and it was a website exclusive and camo is definately 'of the moment'
post #3215 of 4638

can't tell if the fit of my peak lapel jacket is accetable. i knew i would be big when i ordered it, but it were bigger then i expected. so i took i to the tailor that kinda destoyed the fit in the arms and made in quite short in back.. dont have any good fit pics but here is two pictures

*

 

I think the fit with cabourn is quite tricky sometimes.

i normally take on a 46 but in my unwaxed  aircraft ss11 is size 48 and almost on the slimmer fit. I been thinking for a while if i should give it a wax treatment. Anyone have any experience in this?

 

 

here are a pair of shoes you might find intresting

 

post #3216 of 4638
Great photos - i cant think it can look any better.
Sleeve length and overall length look great and it looks to fit accross the shoulders with the shoulder seam spot on

Linen is more forgiving anyway as it creases and stays creased - sleeves ride up because of the elbow creases

You don't want it too fitted

The more you wear it , the more it fits

Cabourn is tricky on more fitted jackets purely because they are made in such small numbers by small scale manufacturers who don't use mega million £ pattern software - much of the pattern making is still done by hand and eye by crafts people

Couple this with the fact that in one season each type of jacket could come from a different manufacturer - there are two main manufacturers of the sports coat type jackets
post #3217 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Great photos - i cant think it can look any better.
Sleeve length and overall length look great and it looks to fit accross the shoulders with the shoulder seam spot on

Linen is more forgiving anyway as it creases and stays creased - sleeves ride up because of the elbow creases

You don't want it too fitted
 

Thx, good point. maybe it would have been better if I had gone to the tailor after it got creased, if he would have taking it that condition.

post #3218 of 4638
EDIT:  Nevermind.  I will clarify my post assuming anyone read it in the coming days. 

Edited by BLAUGRANA - 6/27/13 at 11:47am
post #3219 of 4638

Hey guys. Haven't been around here as of late.. I wanted to give you heads up- I've listed my Coastal Command Shearling jacket in black/yellow, size 50/L. It's a sample bought directly from Drew :)

I decided to part with it due to some financial problems. Off ebay it will be cheaper of course.

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-auth-Nigel-Cabourn-Coastal-Command-shearling-jacket-black-version-size-50-/251296418075?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a826f091b

 

Pretty much a holy grail (or at least one of from NC), so I thought I'd share the link here.

post #3220 of 4638

Out of curiosity, anyone else not able to add anything to their cart on the Cabourn site?  I'm getting a little window popping up saying "item not added" with any item on the site.

post #3221 of 4638
Yep me too, very annoying. What the hell is going on with that site?
post #3222 of 4638

I have had no problem with adding items to my basket, collaborations like the Converse obviously aren't in sale so you can't get the discount on them.

post #3223 of 4638

Anyone looking for a raw yellow SS12 Cameraman in 52? Brand new and unused example available. PM me.
 

post #3224 of 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizor View Post

Yep me too, very annoying. What the hell is going on with that site?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARSLIKEAHAWK View Post

I have had no problem with adding items to my basket, collaborations like the Converse obviously aren't in sale so you can't get the discount on them.

 

It definitely was not adding items to your cart, bar one item (oddly enough) which I'll mention later, for at least a good 12 hours.  I suspect something was wrong with their code or something because while it worked it must have been taking off more than 35%.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJohannessen View Post

Anyone looking for a raw yellow SS12 Cameraman in 52? Brand new and unused example available. PM me.
 

 

AMAZING Cabourn piece this coat.  The piece that introduced to Cabourn and still my favorite piece.  Also, Nick is an absolutely trustworthy guy as we've swapped a few items so rest assured you're in good hands dealing with him.

post #3225 of 4638
Has anybody used Le Rayon Frais to purchase Nigel Cabourn clothing , they look to have a good deal on the Cricket Jacket , i've never owned any Nigel Cabourn clothing so am not sure how his jackets fit if anybody could advice me , i am 5'10" , 10st 9lb and 39' chest , Thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn