Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 10:38 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Nigel Cabourn - Page 196
Styleforum Top Picks
I did not discover cabourn till ss10 as well but bought this off ebay the summer of that year. Seller made the mistake of selling a winter coat in the middle of the summer. He was asking 500 but got no takers and took 400 for it in the end. He was a nice guy and was selling a lot cabourn at the time. not sure but I think he had direct access to cabourn stock.
Crikey - quite a find and for £400!!!
linen mallory in 48 for under $300 with code bonus
I have this coat for sale PM me if interested.
Thanks everyone for all the recent posts! Loving the new activity!
I assumed from this that the fabric was made in Portugal but the garment was made in England.
What does it say in your shirt Daisawaguy?
Legally the black Authentic label can just read 'England' even if made elsewhere but it would have to say where it was made elsewhere on another tag
why would you want to that? It is an outerwear meant to be worn as outer layer for wearing outdoors. If you try to tailor it as you described, all you can wear underneath is a tank top
Does anybody else find this quite troubling? On lots of websites they give the impression that these shirts are made in England. It kind of flies in the face of the 'real, authentic products' claim if it turns out that it's misleading..
Those plain cricket jackets selling for 250 quid also have a slightly unclear provenance (fabric made in Portugal, etc..) I hope they're not a similar let-down.
I've got nothing against Portugal obviously, but it's the principle right?
Yes I've seen it, although not in the flesh. It's a collaboration with Belgian store/label Bellerose. A 2012 take on the Cabourn rope belted Duffel coat design (there was a black one in 2010 I believe). What's interesting is that it is apparently made in Belgium using Belgian fabric. Since the classic Duffel coat takes it name from woolen cloth made in the Flemish town of Duffel this makes a typical Cabourn kind of sense.
Yeah Bellerose is a chain over here. Bizarrely, in most towns they just sell stuff like Docker's and Lee, but in their Brussels stores they (used to) sell Cabourn and other high end things. They haven't had any Cabourn stuff for about 2 years now... :-(
Well this confirms it then - they are made in Portugal
Nothing against Portugal but one of the reasons I have invested ( I have no pretentions of getting any money back, I use the word invested because of the considerable cost ) in Nigel Cabourn is because of the British manufacture and mainly British heritage fabrics.
I still like the design and it won't put me off buying these shirts because as a brand it still supports Brirish and small scale manufacturing with other garments but my main fear is that this could be the start of a trend where NC starts manufacturing some of the high end pieces outside of the UK to reduce the cost, sell more at better margins.
If this happens I will become vehemently opposed and will cease being a loyal customer
- Nigel Cabourn
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Burgundy Museum Calf Adelaide pre-order 19 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAY... 23 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan