Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 196post #2926 of 63913/20/13 at 11:53ampost #2927 of 63913/20/13 at 1:30pmI did not discover cabourn till ss10 as well but bought this off ebay the summer of that year. Seller made the mistake of selling a winter coat in the middle of the summer. He was asking 500 but got no takers and took 400 for it in the end. He was a nice guy and was selling a lot cabourn at the time. not sure but I think he had direct access to cabourn stock.post #2928 of 63913/20/13 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Morph
I did not discover cabourn till ss10 as well but bought this off ebay the summer of that year. Seller made the mistake of selling a winter coat in the middle of the summer. He was asking 500 but got no takers and took 400 for it in the end. He was a nice guy and was selling a lot cabourn at the time. not sure but I think he had direct access to cabourn stock.
Crikey - quite a find and for £400!!!post #2929 of 63913/20/13 at 2:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by lmaozedong
linen mallory in 48 for under $300 with code bonus
I have this coat for sale PM me if interested.
Thanks everyone for all the recent posts! Loving the new activity!post #2930 of 63913/20/13 at 2:15pmEric Gill Sans:
I assumed from this that the fabric was made in Portugal but the garment was made in England.
What does it say in your shirt Daisawaguy?
Legally the black Authentic label can just read 'England' even if made elsewhere but it would have to say where it was made elsewhere on another tag
My shirt does not say Made in England, and there seems to be a tag with EU on it...ah, Portugal...?post #2931 of 63913/20/13 at 3:19pmpost #2932 of 63913/20/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
why would you want to that? It is an outerwear meant to be worn as outer layer for wearing outdoors. If you try to tailor it as you described, all you can wear underneath is a tank toppost #2933 of 63913/20/13 at 5:17pmpost #2934 of 63913/20/13 at 5:38pmpost #2935 of 63913/21/13 at 1:13am
Does anybody else find this quite troubling? On lots of websites they give the impression that these shirts are made in England. It kind of flies in the face of the 'real, authentic products' claim if it turns out that it's misleading..
Those plain cricket jackets selling for 250 quid also have a slightly unclear provenance (fabric made in Portugal, etc..) I hope they're not a similar let-down.
I've got nothing against Portugal obviously, but it's the principle right?post #2936 of 63913/21/13 at 1:28amQuote:Originally Posted by taiAtari
Yes I've seen it, although not in the flesh. It's a collaboration with Belgian store/label Bellerose. A 2012 take on the Cabourn rope belted Duffel coat design (there was a black one in 2010 I believe). What's interesting is that it is apparently made in Belgium using Belgian fabric. Since the classic Duffel coat takes it name from woolen cloth made in the Flemish town of Duffel this makes a typical Cabourn kind of sense.
Yeah Bellerose is a chain over here. Bizarrely, in most towns they just sell stuff like Docker's and Lee, but in their Brussels stores they (used to) sell Cabourn and other high end things. They haven't had any Cabourn stuff for about 2 years now... :-(post #2937 of 63913/21/13 at 3:31ampost #2938 of 63913/21/13 at 5:00ampost #2939 of 63913/21/13 at 5:04ampost #2940 of 63913/21/13 at 5:16am
Well this confirms it then - they are made in Portugal
Nothing against Portugal but one of the reasons I have invested ( I have no pretentions of getting any money back, I use the word invested because of the considerable cost ) in Nigel Cabourn is because of the British manufacture and mainly British heritage fabrics.
I still like the design and it won't put me off buying these shirts because as a brand it still supports Brirish and small scale manufacturing with other garments but my main fear is that this could be the start of a trend where NC starts manufacturing some of the high end pieces outside of the UK to reduce the cost, sell more at better margins.
If this happens I will become vehemently opposed and will cease being a loyal customer
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › NWOT Acne Studios Oversized Grey Wool 'Costa' Sweater Large 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 20 minutes ago
- › Edward Green recrafting on Permanent Style 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...