Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 196post #2926 of 61373/20/13 at 11:53am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2927 of 61373/20/13 at 1:30pmI did not discover cabourn till ss10 as well but bought this off ebay the summer of that year. Seller made the mistake of selling a winter coat in the middle of the summer. He was asking 500 but got no takers and took 400 for it in the end. He was a nice guy and was selling a lot cabourn at the time. not sure but I think he had direct access to cabourn stock.post #2928 of 61373/20/13 at 1:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Morph
I did not discover cabourn till ss10 as well but bought this off ebay the summer of that year. Seller made the mistake of selling a winter coat in the middle of the summer. He was asking 500 but got no takers and took 400 for it in the end. He was a nice guy and was selling a lot cabourn at the time. not sure but I think he had direct access to cabourn stock.
Crikey - quite a find and for £400!!!post #2929 of 61373/20/13 at 2:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by lmaozedong
linen mallory in 48 for under $300 with code bonus
I have this coat for sale PM me if interested.
Thanks everyone for all the recent posts! Loving the new activity!post #2930 of 61373/20/13 at 2:15pmEric Gill Sans:
I assumed from this that the fabric was made in Portugal but the garment was made in England.
What does it say in your shirt Daisawaguy?
Legally the black Authentic label can just read 'England' even if made elsewhere but it would have to say where it was made elsewhere on another tag
My shirt does not say Made in England, and there seems to be a tag with EU on it...ah, Portugal...?post #2931 of 61373/20/13 at 3:19pmpost #2932 of 61373/20/13 at 5:02pmQuote:
why would you want to that? It is an outerwear meant to be worn as outer layer for wearing outdoors. If you try to tailor it as you described, all you can wear underneath is a tank toppost #2933 of 61373/20/13 at 5:17pmpost #2934 of 61373/20/13 at 5:38pmpost #2935 of 61373/21/13 at 1:13am
Does anybody else find this quite troubling? On lots of websites they give the impression that these shirts are made in England. It kind of flies in the face of the 'real, authentic products' claim if it turns out that it's misleading..
Those plain cricket jackets selling for 250 quid also have a slightly unclear provenance (fabric made in Portugal, etc..) I hope they're not a similar let-down.
I've got nothing against Portugal obviously, but it's the principle right?post #2936 of 61373/21/13 at 1:28amQuote:Originally Posted by taiAtari
Yes I've seen it, although not in the flesh. It's a collaboration with Belgian store/label Bellerose. A 2012 take on the Cabourn rope belted Duffel coat design (there was a black one in 2010 I believe). What's interesting is that it is apparently made in Belgium using Belgian fabric. Since the classic Duffel coat takes it name from woolen cloth made in the Flemish town of Duffel this makes a typical Cabourn kind of sense.
Yeah Bellerose is a chain over here. Bizarrely, in most towns they just sell stuff like Docker's and Lee, but in their Brussels stores they (used to) sell Cabourn and other high end things. They haven't had any Cabourn stuff for about 2 years now... :-(post #2937 of 61373/21/13 at 3:31ampost #2938 of 61373/21/13 at 5:00ampost #2939 of 61373/21/13 at 5:04ampost #2940 of 61373/21/13 at 5:16am
Well this confirms it then - they are made in Portugal
Nothing against Portugal but one of the reasons I have invested ( I have no pretentions of getting any money back, I use the word invested because of the considerable cost ) in Nigel Cabourn is because of the British manufacture and mainly British heritage fabrics.
I still like the design and it won't put me off buying these shirts because as a brand it still supports Brirish and small scale manufacturing with other garments but my main fear is that this could be the start of a trend where NC starts manufacturing some of the high end pieces outside of the UK to reduce the cost, sell more at better margins.
If this happens I will become vehemently opposed and will cease being a loyal customer
- Nigel Cabourn
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 31 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 38 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Oxford US Size 10 D roughout 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Alden X Epaulet "Bregenz" Alpine Grain NST Bluchers on Commando... 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?