or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 191

post #2851 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiAtari View Post

That looks great, nice colour too!

Thanks Yes really pleased with them - the Miriad of pockets and details are pretty special. Just a shame everything is lined in satin

To be honest they don't look military at all - they look like really functional blue workwear trousers with a punk influence with all the zips.
post #2852 of 4722
If Nigel Cabourn did cycle helmets !



It's an Abus Tweed Signature helmet with a 1920's influence

Thought it might be interesting for anyone who wears Nigel Cabourn or vintage clothing cycling and wants a helmet to match
post #2853 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Today is my first wearing of my replica Luftwaffe Channel pants bought from Noble House after inspiration from Nigel's AW13 photo shoot
 

 

Actually better than I feared :-) Have you perfected the rather mincing walk of the proper Luftwaffe pilot as well? ;-)

post #2854 of 4722

Blog post abut the Mallory jacket, history and design influences up now. Thanks to Eric and taiAtari for input!

 

http://welldresseddad.com/2013/03/09/icons-nigel-cabourn-the-mallory-jacket/

post #2855 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJohannessen View Post

Actually better than I feared :-) Have you perfected the rather mincing walk of the proper Luftwaffe pilot as well? ;-)

Yes I've been perfecting the airman's mince all day, swaggering with my voluminous pants and pockets!
I've been with the family all day and they never mentioned the troos once. The only comment I got from the wife and eldest son was that I looked like a character from Dispicable Me because of my NC navy and grey scarf !
post #2856 of 4722

Latest white army shirt...

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

post #2857 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

Latest white army shirt

Thanks for posting
Is this the Japanese made or English made shirt - where did you get it from?
post #2858 of 4722

It`s the Japanese made one, bought at the Army Gym in Naka-Meguro. Whilst the sleeve lengths are fine, it`s quite a perfect fit for a 52, so my guess is the Japanese patterns are influencing the construction. Is that same shirt avaliable internationally? I mean is there only one maker for the Army shirt? Thanks for any views

post #2859 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

It`s the Japanese made one, bought at the Army Gym in Naka-Meguro. Whilst the sleeve lengths are fine, it`s quite a perfect fit for a 52, so my guess is the Japanese patterns are influencing the construction. Is that same shirt avaliable internationally? I mean is there only one maker for the Army shirt? Thanks for any views

Thanks, looks great the quality of the thick cotton is gorgeous.

In Europe there have appeared 'army shirts' made in England at a lower price point to the Japanese made shirts - corniche in Scotland are the only retailer to still get the Japanese made shirts in Britain so far.

The only design differences I can see from photos between the two,other than the material, is that the lowest button on the front placket is higher on the English made shirts and there are buttons on the sleeves for rolling up.
post #2860 of 4722
I think the tattersall oxford is from AW12, Superdenim had it in their sale section. Somebody got a bargain if that price is true, http://www.superdenim.co.uk/prodpage.asp?productid=2607. Having said that though, some of the patterns and cloths do seem to be recycled between seasons.

I went into Trunk yesterday and their British Army shirts were a lightweight cotton. Actually really nice and will be great in the summer whereas the ones in Present used the Japanese Oxford fabric. So, depending on what you're after take a close look at the fabric.

Really tempted by the lightweight sky blue one especially since Coggles have £30 off a £100 spend (think the code is Spring30 but its plastered all over their website) plus a further 8% off via quidco at the minute but I've spent a fortune recently so really should hold off...
post #2861 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

I think the tattersall oxford is from AW12, Superdenim had it in their sale section. Somebody got a bargain if that price is true, http://www.superdenim.co.uk/prodpage.asp?productid=2607. Having said that though, some of the patterns and cloths do seem to be recycled between seasons.

Damn it, been checking that site waiting for the last price drop on that shirt and missed it.
post #2862 of 4722

Thanks for clarifying. Thought the Coggles offer was too good to pass, so have a light weight Made in England on its way....stay tuned

post #2863 of 4722

There's still a 52 crazy mallory at cultizm for 560 euro or so. Great jacket.

post #2864 of 4722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

If Nigel Cabourn did cycle helmets !



It's an Abus Tweed Signature helmet with a 1920's influence

Thought it might be interesting for anyone who wears Nigel Cabourn or vintage clothing cycling and wants a helmet to match

That's a weird one, not really sure about the styling. Can't really imagine wearing NC gear at the speeds that would necessitate such a helmet. Most of my bikes are from the '80s anyway, so when in style I go for wool or acrylic from the relevant era. Although I also have a cobbled together path racer style bike that might work with Cabourn, it's on the left on this picture. My favourite is the '81 Gazelle on the right though.

post #2865 of 4722

Anyone interested in some great Cabourn pieces in size 50 shoot me a PM.  All three SS12 Cameramen, AW12 Crazy Cameraman, AW12 Bowers, AW10 Cameraman (HT anniversary edition), SS12 Aircraft Jackets (size 48 in these). 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn