or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 185

post #2761 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

That great coat looks gorgeous.

I'm pretty neutral on the cup, just so long as the baggies finish above Swansea in the PL smile.gif

Thanks. It's a great jacket and a little surprised that no one else here has one. I almost didn't get one as when I first seen it, they only had a 48 in stock. Thankfully, the next time I went in they had managed to track down a larger one. It's the little details that totally elevate it over something like a similar jacket from Crombie. But then it is those little details that make us love Nigel Cabourn so much.

There's a tiny one left in the Army Green colourway left on the Corniche website if anyone is interested.
post #2762 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post


Thanks. It's a great jacket and a little surprised that no one else here has one. I almost didn't get one as when I first seen it, they only had a 48 in stock. Thankfully, the next time I went in they had managed to track down a larger one. It's the little details that totally elevate it over something like a similar jacket from Crombie. But then it is those little details that make us love Nigel Cabourn so much.

There's a tiny one left in the Army Green colourway left on the Corniche website if anyone is interested.

Fantastic coat - love the Great Coat - there is a page dedicated to it in Scott's Last Expedition book even though it wasn't part of the Limited Edition.

 

I missed out on the only 46 which was at Corniche - I considered it for ages but decided it would be a bit too similar to my Beetham Duffle which has a similar WW1 look even though it is a different style.

 

Love the look of the Great Coat - its a serious classic and much prefer it the darker colour way as yours is.

 

Just regarding the SS13 shirts - just had an email press release from Superdenim stating that the fabric is the same thick Oxford cotton as the Japanese Mainline shirts but that they are made in Portugal hence the lower price.

 

I got so exited looking at the jackets I forgot to have a look at the shirts when I was in Trunk last Friday so didn't see the labeling.

post #2763 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Fantastic coat - love the Great Coat - there is a page dedicated to it in Scott's Last Expedition book even though it wasn't part of the Limited Edition.

 

I missed out on the only 46 which was at Corniche - I considered it for ages but decided it would be a bit too similar to my Beetham Duffle which has a similar WW1 look even though it is a different style.

 

Love the look of the Great Coat - its a serious classic and much prefer it the darker colour way as yours is.

 

Just regarding the SS13 shirts - just had an email press release from Superdenim stating that the fabric is the same thick Oxford cotton as the Japanese Mainline shirts but that they are made in Portugal hence the lower price.

 

I got so exited looking at the jackets I forgot to have a look at the shirts when I was in Trunk last Friday so didn't see the labeling.

 

Just done a quick bit of digging and I think the cloth for the shirts is made in Portugal to a similar weave as the Japanese oxford shirts but the garment is still made in England.

 

If anyone knows anything more or different please post

post #2764 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Fantastic coat - love the Great Coat - there is a page dedicated to it in Scott's Last Expedition book even though it wasn't part of the Limited Edition.

I missed out on the only 46 which was at Corniche - I considered it for ages but decided it would be a bit too similar to my Beetham Duffle which has a similar WW1 look even though it is a different style.

Love the look of the Great Coat - its a serious classic and much prefer it the darker colour way as yours is.

Just regarding the SS13 shirts - just had an email press release from Superdenim stating that the fabric is the same thick Oxford cotton as the Japanese Mainline shirts but that they are made in Portugal hence the lower price.

I got so exited looking at the jackets I forgot to have a look at the shirts when I was in Trunk last Friday so didn't see the labeling.

Cheers. I was gonna ask you what you thought of the shirts when I read that too. The price point is way more attractive than the Mainline Oxfords, although I do like the Crazy version that is on the Corniche website. I'll try and head in to Trunk myself this weekend for a look.

It's interesting that both Corniche and Superdenim are saying that rather than iron the shirts you ring them as soon as they come out the washer and leave them to dry for a crinkle effect. Not sure how I feel about that but I guess its up to yourself how you treat them.
post #2765 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

Cheers. I was gonna ask you what you thought of the shirts when I read that too. The price point is way more attractive than the Mainline Oxfords, although I do like the Crazy version that is on the Corniche website. I'll try and head in to Trunk myself this weekend for a look.

It's interesting that both Corniche and Superdenim are saying that rather than iron the shirts you ring them as soon as they come out the washer and leave them to dry for a crinkle effect. Not sure how I feel about that but I guess its up to yourself how you treat them.

Yes interesting that Corniche have carried on with the Mainline Japanese shirts which are at the higher price point - I do like the crazy

Interesting a similar 'crazy' style shirt has appeared for sale on EBay - it's Nigel Cabourn from his Cricket label from the 80's so he's been doing this for years.

The SS13 Football shirt is described by one shop ( can't remember which one ) as being reversible because of the removable buttons - with a bit of tinkering with the labels that could be an interesting look - the inside seams on the outside
post #2766 of 5237

This is a picture of the 'crazy' shirt that has appeared on ebay from Nigel Cabourn when he was doing his Cricket Club label many years ago.

 

I don't know much about his Cricket label but all I know it started in 1970 but from the look of the shirt I am guessing this was from the 80's

 

 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTQ0NzI0NzgwNGY2N2QzMjE2NTczMTA1MTJhNjJhNTJhNjhlfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1lZGR5Lm0yMDEyfHxPUklHSU5BTF9FQkFZX1FVQUxJVFlfU0NPUkU9NHx8Q1JFQVRJT05fREFURT0yLzI0LzEzIDEyOjAyIFBN

 

 

Also another great piece up for sale on ebay in size 48 - this is the AW11 (FW11) Cold Weather Parka which had the real curly fleece lining in the hood and retailed for about £1500. These are quite large so I would think this one would fit anyone up to a 50 inch chest.

 

Full ventile with Harris tweed lining and is an exact replica of a vintage military garment.

 

I've got the army colour one and it is superb but really like this one as the buttons stand out 

 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Here is a photo of the original garment from the 'Vintage Menswear' book

 

 

 

I have compared my Cold Weather Parka to this photo and it is exact in every way - belt buckle, toggles, beaver tail, pencil/pen pockets on sleeve. 

 

Obviously Nigel has one or two of these in his vintage collection and has recreated it in every detail

 

A real heritage master piece

post #2767 of 5237

Makes a great ski jacket !

 

4 Way Roll Neck, Cold Weather Parka and Edward Wilson Overpants all over merino wool base layers plus original German army leather mitts

 

 

post #2768 of 5237
Some of the old Cricket Club line pieces look pretty good. There's a fair amount of the stuff he was doing pre-Authentic that crops up on ebay, but a lot of it is a little heavily logo'd.

The odd Utility piece from the Debenhams period doesn't look bad - the quality won't be great, but probably serviceable enough if you get it for a low price. Some of it clearly has Nigel's more recent design style, otherpieces suggest Debenhams simply stuck a different label on a generic piece.
post #2769 of 5237
Has anyone seen these anywhere?



I got the picture from Timpoblete's tumblr which is mostly EG based but he also drops in some Cabourn from time to time including a wee pic of the fisherman's trouser for AW2013 which look a wee bit nuts (http://timpoblete.tumblr.com/post/41899317456/nigel-cabourn-fishing-pants-aw13). He's labelled these as m1951 repro and the colour is gorgeous. Not sure about the pocket on the side which is slipping into cargo territory but I'm after something like this and was previously going to buy a pair of EG Fatigues.
post #2770 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

Has anyone seen these anywhere?



I got the picture from Timpoblete's tumblr which is mostly EG based but he also drops in some Cabourn from time to time including a wee pic of the fisherman's trouser for AW2013 which look a wee bit nuts (http://timpoblete.tumblr.com/post/41899317456/nigel-cabourn-fishing-pants-aw13). He's labelled these as m1951 repro and the colour is gorgeous. Not sure about the pocket on the side which is slipping into cargo territory but I'm after something like this and was previously going to buy a pair of EG Fatigues.

I think these will be just available in Japan and are made in Japan. They are a near exact recreation of the USA army cargo pant M-1951 with all the straps and ties. I think Nigel has released them just about every year in Japan and have been available in the green, khaki and navy.

Ln-cc and corniche did get a few black ones in a couple of years ago but because they were imported from Japan - they came at a hefty price tag.

I may be wrong but I doubt any European stockist will get them in.

I have bought Nigel Cabourn direct from Japan and have had items sent over but you get hit for import duty, fees and VAT

Do you know anyone who travels to Japan on business?
post #2771 of 5237
Thanks for the info. Might be heading over to Japan myself this year but I've been saying that for the last 3 years so we'll see.

Do you know if there is much stuff that is made just for Japan? I'm guessing anything bigger than a Medium is hard to find over there?
post #2772 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

Thanks for the info. Might be heading over to Japan myself this year but I've been saying that for the last 3 years so we'll see.

Do you know if there is much stuff that is made just for Japan? I'm guessing anything bigger than a Medium is hard to find over there?

This is the link to the Cabourn Japan website with the trousers you like from last years collection

 

http://www.cabourn.jp/item_158.html

post #2773 of 5237

Trying to find out what the full statement of line is for the Japanese Mainline collection is quite difficult as not many of the Japanese shops have web shops - they tend to have more blog type photos of some Cabourn gear.

 

Also the Cabourn Japanese web site is only good for listing the shop websites - its nearly as out of date as the UK one !

 

But this is a link to one store that does sell over the internet within Japan and shows a few Mainline items that we never get to see over in Europe or The States - if you click on individual items it will tell you what sizes are stocked - quite a few larger sizes but I think that is because people are getting bigger all over the world and also from photos they do like to wear some Cabourn pieces quite baggy

 

 

http://www.mintz.co.jp/SHOP/g3034/list.html

post #2774 of 5237

Here is another with some interesting new pieces in

 

http://belluria.ocnk.net/product-list/78

post #2775 of 5237

Flannels have just gone live with a few new SS13 pieces - Hockey Polo's new and they are the only ones that seem to have the Indigo denim Notch Lapel Jacket.

 

no 46's so 'Sad face' - if I knew how to do it

 

Also Ushowu have re-shot a few of their SS12 pieces which are still at their sale prices which really shows them off well - love the camo pants !

 

I have always thought their photos for the website do not do any justice to the clothes at all - too dark, gloomy and soulless. These are a massive improvement.

 

That's all from 'Cabourn Watch' for now!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn