or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 182

post #2716 of 4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixda View Post

not sure if this was posted, but context has some crazy deals on cabourn...if you can find your size.

I take it the Notch label jacket is as ridiculously slim fitting as Context suggest? frown.gif
post #2717 of 4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

Some great pics over the last few pages, it's making me regret not picking up a Mallory this year. I really liked the Dark Navy version but ended up grabbing the WW1 Great Coat instead. Apparently there will be an indigo version next year so I'll maybe grab one then.

On another note, and I see this was asked a page or two back as well, how do the 4 way roll necks fit? I'm generally a 52 in Cabourn due to my current tubbiness but I can't seem to find any available in that size, only 50's. Are they by any chance a little oversized and given that wool stretches, is there any chance I may be able to size down or am I clutching at straws?

The Great coat is a fantastic piece - we need a photo

I am willing to stick my roll neck out and say that you will be fine with a 50 4 way roll neck - they are really roomy and there is lots of give in the wool knit. Plus I also think it will look great worn with a tighter fit.
post #2718 of 4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

I take it the Notch label jacket is as ridiculously slim fitting as Context suggest? frown.gif

Anybody has tried this in person? Guessing one has to size up from mallory?
post #2719 of 4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

The Great coat is a fantastic piece - we need a photo

I am willing to stick my roll neck out and say that you will be fine with a 50 4 way roll neck - they are really roomy and there is lots of give in the wool knit. Plus I also think it will look great worn with a tighter fit.

Will put some up next weekend as I'm away with work all this week. Might have some on my phone from when I bought it, will have a look.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking about the 50. From what I gather it's quite a loose fit, so it may be ok. I'll think about it.
post #2720 of 4636
Kind of surprised the Cameraman I'm selling is still around...
post #2721 of 4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post


Anybody has tried this in person? Guessing one has to size up from mallory?

Endclothing are suggesting buying your normal size and have posted accurate pit to pit measurements to help

 

From experience - I have the SS12 camo and tan one - the fit is tight but spot on. buy it so the chest just buttons up. I have a 36" inch chest and the 46 is perfect

 

here is the link

 

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/nigel-cabourn-notch-work-jacket.html

post #2722 of 4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Endclothing are suggesting buying your normal size and have posted accurate pit to pit measurements to help

From experience - I have the SS12 camo and tan one - the fit is tight but spot on. buy it so the chest just buttons up. I have a 36" inch chest and the 46 is perfect

here is the link

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/nigel-cabourn-notch-work-jacket.html

I'm a 42.5" chest so I guess the 52 on Context would be just that little bit too small frown.gif
post #2723 of 4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post


I'm a 42.5" chest so I guess the 52 on Context would be just that little bit too small frown.gif

Yes you are probably right - might just be a bit too tight. There is no room for maneuver.

 

although you might not do up the chest button, preferring the lower one instead,  it would be a shame not to be able to button it up as its got that slightly different look to most suit type coats.

post #2724 of 4636

There is a size 54 Notch lapel jacket in grey on sale at Ushowu

post #2725 of 4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Yes you are probably right - might just be a bit too tight. There is no room for maneuver.

although you might not do up the chest button, preferring the lower one instead,  it would be a shame not to be able to button it up as its got that slightly different look to most suit type coats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

There is a size 54 Notch lapel jacket in grey on sale at Ushowu

Thanks - yes I'd want to button it fully - it's that slightly Edwardian look of the jacket that appeals (particularly in the stripe). Context's big reduction would have made it very appealing.
post #2726 of 4636
Three types of jackets still left in the sale at www.triads.co.uk
post #2727 of 4636
Anyone know about sizing on the British Officers Shirts? How do they compare with Gitman Vintage?
post #2728 of 4636
So I tried on a size 54 Cameraman at Inventory a while back. It fit OK length wise, but it was a bit too snug. Ever since I've been looking for some size 56 Cabourn to try on.

This is what came up in an eBay search, lol.



I laughed at first... but I'm seriously tempted. The measurements are close to my MTM.
post #2729 of 4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post

So I tried on a size 54 Cameraman at Inventory a while back. It fit OK length wise, but it was a bit too snug. Ever since I've been looking for some size 56 Cabourn to try on.

This is what came up in an eBay search, lol.



I laughed at first... but I'm seriously tempted. The measurements are close to my MTM.

I don't like the bomber he did in that fabric, but that looks a nice piece for the summer.
post #2730 of 4636
Yeah, I don't think it would work for me but would be fun to try.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn