or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 180

post #2686 of 4497
In case you guys missed this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodyear View Post

ALLGONE
for extra 25% off sale at End. 

Still a lot of winter Cabourn in the sale. Sadly my budget is spent.
post #2687 of 4497

I assume you'd want to size down with the K2 jackets, correct?  So a size 50 would be a 48 in the K2?

post #2688 of 4497
I just soaked and shrunk my mallory vest. Worked a treat. It shrank half a size as expected and the length shrank at least an inch which is what I wanted.
It is a lot softer now and sits a bit better because of the lack off stiffness.
I was a bit nervous to do it because I haven't found any one else that's done it.
Very happy with the result.
post #2689 of 4497

I previously read in this thread that Cabourn knits generally are smaller in size than, for example, the Cameraman.

 

Im looking to score a roll neck but Im not sure whether to size up or not. Im a 52 in the Cameraman; any suggestion would be much appreciated.

 

Loving the Cameramn. Im 195 cm tall and weighing in 85 kg. The fit is good but not great. The arm length and chest are good but Im not a big fan of the tapered fit around the gut. The color is beutiful; always been a sucker for the burnt orange. Sorry for the poor quality in the pic.

 

 

 

post #2690 of 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer34 View Post

I just soaked and shrunk my mallory vest. Worked a treat. It shrank half a size as expected and the length shrank at least an inch which is what I wanted.
It is a lot softer now and sits a bit better because of the lack off stiffness.
I was a bit nervous to do it because I haven't found any one else that's done it.
Very happy with the result.

Still plucking up the courage to soak my blue check AW11 Mallory jacket. This 46 Mallory from AW11 was just a bit larger than previous and subsequent years
post #2691 of 4497


Wearing the camo waistcoat for the first time today under a navy tweed AW11 Mallory as its a bit cold. Thick Japanese Mainline shirt under
post #2692 of 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Still plucking up the courage to soak my blue check AW11 Mallory jacket. This 46 Mallory from AW11 was just a bit larger than previous and subsequent years

Sorry to correct myself the blue check Mallory was from AW10 not AW11


Edited by Eric Gill Sans - 2/16/13 at 4:40am
post #2693 of 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post

Just looking on the End website, is it me or are the pictures mixed up on the Rangoon Jkt and the Cameraman Jkt?

I think the renaming of the Spring summer version of the Cameraman to the Rangoon jacket was first done for the SS10 collection so the name was in line with the theme which was inspired by Nigel's fathers experiences being in the army in the Far East.

The difficulty now is there are two SS Cameraman jackets in navy - one all navy ventile and the other with a slightly two tone blue/navy look. I am guessing either Cabourn or End are using the two different names to distinguish between them which other shops haven't needed to do.
post #2694 of 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post


Sorry to correct myself the blue check Mallory was from AW10 not AW11

 

 


That Mallory is, IMO, the nicest one NC has ever made. Nice score!

post #2695 of 4497

The Rangoon is shorter and only has two clips.

 

On another note, I drove to NYC this weekend and found the only Cabourn piece at the barney's warehouse sale.  The cape cameraman in navy.  It was in the wrong section for its size, but I spotted it from a good distance away.  For some reason they marked it down much more than any of the other clothing on sale.  It was only $159.00 !!!!!    It fits me better than the regular cameraman and it's a tad shorter, which I prefer.  It's a slimmer fit.  Super nice piece.

post #2696 of 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixda View Post

The Rangoon is shorter and only has two clips.

On another note, I drove to NYC this weekend and found the only Cabourn piece at the barney's warehouse sale.  The cape cameraman in navy.  It was in the wrong section for its size, but I spotted it from a good distance away.  For some reason they marked it down much more than any of the other clothing on sale.  It was only $159.00 !!!!!    It fits me better than the regular cameraman and it's a tad shorter, which I prefer.  It's a slimmer fit.  Super nice piece.

Stunning price.
post #2697 of 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

Still plucking up the courage to soak my blue check AW11 Mallory jacket. This 46 Mallory from AW11 was just a bit larger than previous and subsequent years

It's tricky - I went for the Mallory in a 54 as the 52 would have been too small, but I'm wondering about shrinking it. It's how much it shrinks and where... I wouldn't want to lose much width in the shoulders although I could get away with an inch in the chest and a couple in the waist and skirt. Whilst I could lose an inch in length in the body I wouldn't want to lose more than half inch in the sleeves...

Not very helpful fit pic:

post #2698 of 4497
post #2699 of 4497
ManofKent

Love the photo - the brick backdrop is just fantastic. I think it's fit for a full Cabourn photoshoot!
post #2700 of 4497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

Stunning price.

What a bargain !!! $159!!! I'm guessing the full price would have been around $1200?

I think the cost price of the jacket to the shops was around £400 so it probably cost about £200 just to make!

The Cape Cameraman is fastastic. What I like is the fact that I can put stuff in the lower pockets and still get my hands in the hand warmer pockets - cant do this on the classic Cameraman
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn