Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 171post #2551 of 61362/3/13 at 8:08amThe holes are quite small, one in each sweater I mentioned. But I must say the thought of moths running around destroying my best sweaters has been planted on my mind now:( If you are familiar to the submarine sweater, it's in the hand warmer pocket, in the sns naval sweater it's on the arm, where it's a little thinner. But yeah, shouldn't be hard to fix, and I have good experiences with both brands from before, so will continue buying their stuff.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2552 of 61362/3/13 at 8:25ampost #2553 of 61362/3/13 at 9:17ampost #2554 of 61362/3/13 at 12:42pmpost #2555 of 61362/3/13 at 2:35pmpost #2556 of 61362/3/13 at 2:44pm
I was on before it was posted on Styleforum and before the email went out (simply by chance) and they only had the 52 left. Also, it said "made in Japan", so might be more fitted than usual if that's any sort of consolation.post #2557 of 61362/3/13 at 4:14pmpost #2558 of 61362/3/13 at 9:44pmpost #2559 of 61362/4/13 at 12:16ampost #2560 of 61362/4/13 at 2:57pmMy Common People buy arrived today - two chambrays and a mechanic sweater. I definitely made the right decision on the fits - I'm a 48 in the Cabourn jackets and knits I own, and the Medium shirts and Small sweater fit perfectly. I'm particularly impressed with the shirts - they're well cut, well made, and very good lookin'. The mechanic sweat is also really good, and heavy, but it's clear the hardware on the collar isn't a patch on Cabourn quality. All in all though, for the price, I'm really delighted. I think they still have some pieces left at heavy markdown in the sale if you're quick!post #2561 of 61362/4/13 at 7:40pmpost #2562 of 61362/4/13 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by volatile
My Common People buy arrived today - two chambrays and a mechanic sweater. I definitely made the right decision on the fits - I'm a 48 in the Cabourn jackets and knits I own, and the Medium shirts and Small sweater fit perfectly. I'm particularly impressed with the shirts - they're well cut, well made, and very good lookin'. The mechanic sweat is also really good, and heavy, but it's clear the hardware on the collar isn't a patch on Cabourn quality. All in all though, for the price, I'm really delighted. I think they still have some pieces left at heavy markdown in the sale if you're quick!
Good to hear. Yes it's not Cabourn quality, but it's very good for the price (particularly at the heavy markdowns. My field pants arrived - fairly slim cut with nice taper and very solid construction. I had to return the shirt - just big enough in the chest but way too short in the sleeves - hopefully XL might work. Just ordered one of the mustard blazers and a green waistcoat, hopefully they'll be decent.post #2563 of 61362/5/13 at 12:44ampost #2564 of 61362/5/13 at 4:08am
Okay - I had Cultizm as a source. The state it's Ventile: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p2599_Nigel-Cabourn-Short-Puffa-Jacket-Khaki.html
However, they seem to be the only one who claim it...
So I am with you - that's not Ventile
- Nigel Cabourn
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 17 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...