Some new and interesting pieces on eBay for a change. That old Fox Brothers plaid fishing coat to name but one.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 170
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2537 of 61372/1/13 at 2:32pmpost #2538 of 61372/1/13 at 5:31pmpost #2539 of 61372/2/13 at 1:24amFurther reductions on some Cabourn items at Flannels in their flash sale - the Navy Classic Ventile Parka and Cold Weather Parka are a steal. I can't recommend both highly enough - the Ventile Parka looks plain and dull in the photographs but its a real gem. The fastening details are terrific with an inside belt, beautiful RiRi zip and wooden toggles -only these 3 left outside of Japan (if there are any in Japan)post #2540 of 61372/2/13 at 3:14amQuote:
How do it go ? Did you press it afterwards and how did the lining shape up after? Thinking of doing the same with one of my Mallorys as its a bit bigger on me than others.
Just a bit scared of ruining itpost #2541 of 61372/2/13 at 4:38amQuote:
Hah! No worries. I like boxier fits, actually... My style hovers around mid-century, and so I like a squarer fit on occasion.
I put a bid on... We'll see.
Which pieces do you rate?post #2542 of 61372/2/13 at 5:07amI became a little skeptical to Cabourn quality when I discovered a hole in my submarine sweater the other day. I haven't used it much. But maybe it's unrealistic to expect that these things doesn't happen with brands like Cabourn or SNS Herning (same thing happened with a SNS naval sweater the day after!!). Until know I've been very satisfied with the quality.post #2543 of 61372/2/13 at 5:39ampost #2544 of 61372/2/13 at 7:59ampost #2545 of 61372/2/13 at 8:25amQuote:
Went fine. Shrank in length more then width, and I felt the lapel / collar shrank a bit too. Like I said don't use anything more then luke warm waterpost #2546 of 61372/2/13 at 9:10pmQuote:
I had a sweater that must have been hit by moths, oh, maybe ten years ago. Nothing major, just one sweater and I wasn't even wearing it anymore. Point is I didn't see it ahead of time. It looked pretty bad though, not just a little hole or anything. Anyway, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but holes don't just happen. If it's in pressure area or you somehow made it, that would make more sense. If it's on a seam though it should be easily repaired by a tailor for little cost and you wouldn't even know it happened. Anyway, sorry to hear about your sweater and I hope it works out.post #2547 of 61372/3/13 at 12:33ampost #2548 of 61372/3/13 at 3:10ampost #2549 of 61372/3/13 at 4:25ampost #2550 of 61372/3/13 at 7:19am
- Nigel Cabourn
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 6 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?