or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 170

post #2536 of 4474

Some new and interesting pieces on eBay for a change.  That old Fox Brothers plaid fishing coat to name but one.

post #2537 of 4474
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

Some new and interesting pieces on eBay for a change.  That old Fox Brothers plaid fishing coat to name but one.

Oh... I wish you hadn't pointed that out. It's gorgeous.
post #2538 of 4474
Quote:
Originally Posted by volatile View Post


Oh... I wish you hadn't pointed that out. It's gorgeous.

 

Sorry.  satisfied.gif  Fit looks a bit a off, but I haven't even seen it in person.  Looks boxy to me. 

 

IMO a few better pieces than that on eBay at the moment.

post #2539 of 4474
Further reductions on some Cabourn items at Flannels in their flash sale - the Navy Classic Ventile Parka and Cold Weather Parka are a steal. I can't recommend both highly enough - the Ventile Parka looks plain and dull in the photographs but its a real gem. The fastening details are terrific with an inside belt, beautiful RiRi zip and wooden toggles -only these 3 left outside of Japan (if there are any in Japan)
post #2540 of 4474
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

I soaked my mallory jacket and it went down about half a size. I used LUKE warm water.

How do it go ? Did you press it afterwards and how did the lining shape up after? Thinking of doing the same with one of my Mallorys as its a bit bigger on me than others.

Just a bit scared of ruining it
post #2541 of 4474
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

Sorry.  satisfied.gif   Fit looks a bit a off, but I haven't even seen it in person.  Looks boxy to me. 

IMO a few better pieces than that on eBay at the moment.

Hah! No worries. I like boxier fits, actually... My style hovers around mid-century, and so I like a squarer fit on occasion.

I put a bid on... We'll see.

Which pieces do you rate?
post #2542 of 4474
I became a little skeptical to Cabourn quality when I discovered a hole in my submarine sweater the other day. I haven't used it much. But maybe it's unrealistic to expect that these things doesn't happen with brands like Cabourn or SNS Herning (same thing happened with a SNS naval sweater the day after!!). Until know I've been very satisfied with the quality.
post #2543 of 4474
^
Might be moths.
post #2544 of 4474
Hope not! Haven't had moth problems where I live, but who knows? They are quite big, so I would maybe see them, right? The holes appeared in "pressure areas" anyway, but still a little disappointing.
post #2545 of 4474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Gill Sans View Post

How do it go ? Did you press it afterwards and how did the lining shape up after? Thinking of doing the same with one of my Mallorys as its a bit bigger on me than others.

Just a bit scared of ruining it

Went fine. Shrank in length more then width, and I felt the lapel / collar shrank a bit too. Like I said don't use anything more then luke warm water
post #2546 of 4474
Quote:
Originally Posted by gululv View Post

Hope not! Haven't had moth problems where I live, but who knows? They are quite big, so I would maybe see them, right? The holes appeared in "pressure areas" anyway, but still a little disappointing.

 

I had a sweater that must have been hit by moths, oh, maybe ten years ago.  Nothing major, just one sweater and I wasn't even wearing it anymore.  Point is I didn't see it ahead of time.  It looked pretty bad though, not just a little hole or anything.  Anyway, and I don't mean this in a bad way, but holes don't just happen.  If it's in pressure area or you somehow made it, that would make more sense.  If it's on a seam though it should be easily repaired by a tailor for little cost and you wouldn't even know it happened.  Anyway, sorry to hear about your sweater and I hope it works out.

post #2547 of 4474
Some new SS 13 pieces on Present
post #2548 of 4474

The Short Puffa jacket for GBP492 is a great catch at Superdenim (sz50)

 

Not too long - not too short; great insulation, ventile outer!

post #2549 of 4474
Just spent the last half an hour trying to work out how to tie this with a leather shoe lace to recreate something similar to what was on the zip in the first place

Not quite right but a worthy attempt
post #2550 of 4474
Fancy a oxford shirt from flannels, have one already and the quality is very good. They want £30 to ship to Ireland which has but me well off. There shipping is the most expensive I have every come across.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn