or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 167

post #2491 of 4851
I will probably try to find a us clip jacket for the spring. What size should I go for? I have the storm parka (could have sized up perhaps) and geddes in 48, aircraft in 50.
post #2492 of 4851

I'd go for the same size you 'normally' wear all your NC clothes in.  There's also a bit of stretch.  I'd say 48 if you're going to wear a t-shirt underneath or 50 if you're going to use it to layer and wear a collared shirt underneath.  

 

I've got a 50 I'm going to put up for sale soon since I just ordered a 48.  All my NC shirts are 48.  In some pieces I can go up to 50, but for the most part I'm a 48.

post #2493 of 4851
Thanks nixda, what colour will you be selling? Is it more like a sweater or a jacket? I have thought of it more like a jacket, but have never seen it person.
post #2494 of 4851

Mine is navy with white on the inside (size 50).  It's very heavy sweatshirt like material.  So more like a sweater.  I think it would look best when layered with a collared shirt.

post #2495 of 4851

Hi all,

 

Have sifted through the thread periodically but hope you appreciate I couldn't do all 167 pages, so apologies if this has been asked & answered before. I've not bought any Cabourn til now, and just picked up the Heavy Wax Surface Jacket (half price, thank ****!) as a late Xmas present to myself. Well, in fact bringing Xmas into it full stop may be pushing it smile.gif

 

I wasn't sure how Cabourn sizes up, I ended up going for a 48; I have plenty of CP Company outerwear in a 48 and this made sense, although I do also have Italian knitwear in a 50. I'm basically a 39-40" chest, either way, and was hoping for this jacket to fit relatively snugly. Is this likely to be the case...?

 

It won't show up for at least a week, so my patience will not stretch that long satisfied.gif

 

Cheers.

post #2496 of 4851

Is the SS13 collection going to be available through the Cabourn website? Has any stockist taken inventory yet or are we all waiting for the website store to launch in February?

post #2497 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirge View Post

Hi all,

 

Have sifted through the thread periodically but hope you appreciate I couldn't do all 167 pages, so apologies if this has been asked & answered before. I've not bought any Cabourn til now, and just picked up the Heavy Wax Surface Jacket (half price, thank ****!) as a late Xmas present to myself. Well, in fact bringing Xmas into it full stop may be pushing it smile.gif

 

I wasn't sure how Cabourn sizes up, I ended up going for a 48; I have plenty of CP Company outerwear in a 48 and this made sense, although I do also have Italian knitwear in a 50. I'm basically a 39-40" chest, either way, and was hoping for this jacket to fit relatively snugly. Is this likely to be the case...?

 

It won't show up for at least a week, so my patience will not stretch that long satisfied.gif

 

Cheers.

I think you picked the right size, basing it on your chest size.  

post #2498 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suyi View Post

Is the SS13 collection going to be available through the Cabourn website? Has any stockist taken inventory yet or are we all waiting for the website store to launch in February?

I haven't seen any new season stock in any online store yet..  I guess it's on its way, I doubt Cabourn will only be sold via their own website..

post #2499 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixda View Post

I think you picked the right size, basing it on your chest size.  

 

Good man, appreciated.

post #2500 of 4851
60% off everything at Common People Clothing (http://commonpeopleclothing.co.uk/) - lots of Cabourn-esque pieces by Kerstin Hare (formerly of Cabourn, as it happens).


Edited by volatile - 1/30/13 at 10:45am
post #2501 of 4851
Anybody comment on the quality of their stuff? Where is the stuff made?
post #2502 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Anybody comment on the quality of their stuff? Where is the stuff made?

Not sure - I ordered a couple of shirts and a mechanic jumper and will let you know... In interviews and press releases and on blogs, they say that their stuff is "locally produced wherever possible", so most seems to be UK-designed and UK-made. (http://www.selectism.com/2012/07/11/selectims-qa-ketisn-common-people/; http://www.thetweedpig.com/2012/11/common-people-clothing.html; http://www.arkiveclothing.co.uk/blog/277_CommonPeopleClothing-AW12.html).
post #2503 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Anybody comment on the quality of their stuff? Where is the stuff made?

It's nearly all (bar shoes) made in the UK, but tweed is typically Italian rather than English.

Quality of construction is good, materials are decent but not up to Cabourn stuff (but not the price tag either). Not dis-similar to Cro'Jack.

I've ordered a pair of trousers, field shirt and jacket from the sales. Jacket sizing seems a bit variable...

Some pieces are perhaps a little too similar to Cabourn, although not to the degree I'd call them rip-offs, and other pieces are definitely Junya influenced. Whilst there are only so many ways of tweaking heritage pieces hopefully he'll find a more distinctive style over time.
post #2504 of 4851
Coggles have an extra 30% off their remaining sale stock (Extra30) - it brings the white Bowers coats down to a decent price, but much as I like them I don't think I'd wear a white coat often enough.
post #2505 of 4851
Quote:
Originally Posted by gululv View Post

Thanks nixda, what colour will you be selling? Is it more like a sweater or a jacket? I have thought of it more like a jacket, but have never seen it person.

Well, looks like I'll be selling the 48 instead of the 50.  The 50 fits me large and the 48 fits too small.  So, I'm going with the 50.  Will post the 48 up for sale.  So, basically, brand new US Clip in Navy size 48.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn