Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 4:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 166post #2477 of 62251/25/13 at 12:22amQuote:Originally Posted by NickJohannessen
Need some help here from those of you that have Mallory or Cameraman jackets (to start with, we may expand the project later on):
Could you measure the pit to pit and underarm measurements, along with the marked size of the jacket and season (if known) and PM me?
The reason for asking is a discussion I'm having with ^^ (Mr B) about sizing and Cabourns apparently random approach to it. We've measured 5 of our own Mallorys so far and the results are these:
Navy 52 AW10 57/44 (22.5, 17.3)
Army stripes 50 AW10 57/44 (22.5, 17.3)
Crazy 52 AW12 58.5/45.5 (23, 18)
Brown 52 AW12 57 (22.5)
Green 52 AW12. 57 (22.5)
Sizing is pit to pit and underarm length, in centimetres (and inches)
Would like to get some more data on this, and also for the Cameraman. From the above it looks like two of the five jackets have the wrong size marked! Getting proper measurements documented would be a good help in identifying sizing (given that so far marked sizing has a 40% chance of being wrong...)
Come one, guys, don't be shy... Zero response so far. Help build up a knowledgebase of Cabourn sizing today!post #2478 of 62251/25/13 at 11:26ampost #2479 of 62251/25/13 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by NickJohannessen
Drew from Nigel Cabourn just tweeted about H&M ripping off their Cameraman:
Quite the replica, though what you actually get for 50 pounds is unknown... 100% cotton, the added benefit of a zip.
I realise I am very late with a response but can cabourn really complain about people "ripping off" his designs? I recently purchased the vintage showroom book on sale and tere is a vintage military parka in there that is obviously the "inspiration" however to my eyes it looks like a direct copy. If this is indeed the case can Nigel really complain about others doing it as well?post #2480 of 62251/25/13 at 1:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kuznetsov
I realise I am very late with a response but can cabourn really complain about people "ripping off" his designs? I recently purchased the vintage showroom book on sale and tere is a vintage military parka in there that is obviously the "inspiration" however to my eyes it looks like a direct copy. If this is indeed the case can Nigel really complain about others doing it as well?
To be fair Nigel isn't complaining. Only a couple of fans on this thread are pointing it out. That being said companies like H&M or Penfield don't care a bit about heritage or authenticity they're just copying the popular designs of the day.post #2481 of 62251/25/13 at 2:16pmQuote:
I disagree to a certain extent and my first post is perhaps poorly worded in what I was trying to convey. Maybe Nigel himself is not complaining about it but one of his employees has tweeted a picture of the H&M copy of his copy which to me does seem to indicate at least an annoyance of this practice with regards to this.
Where I do not disagree is that companies like H&M do not care for the heritage of the garments but that is not what these companies are for. They make fast fashion that will last one or two years at most and that is their target market not for people on style forum. As an owner of a cameraman I wish that this was not the case as I do not want my coat being mistaken for a cheap piece of rubbish from H&M but I do realise this is the nature of the beast.post #2482 of 62251/25/13 at 2:30pm
For all Nigel Cabourn lovers, this is a must read magazine.
It's in German, but the style is magnificant.
Classic, traditional and the highest quality available!
But be aware, it's shockingly inspiring, it might change your whole wardrobe!
It made me run to my cellar and dig up real old stuff and started to wear all over again!post #2483 of 62251/25/13 at 5:28pmpost #2484 of 62251/26/13 at 12:57am
Hi all i am a newbie of NC. I got a AW12 Crazy Mallory jacket in 48, anyone here have the same Mallory in 46 and want to size up? (I know the chance is very slim).
As a short Chinese guy(5"7), my Mallory is a little bit big for me. However the jacket is soooooo beautiful, the colour and texture of tweed are so rich that i don't want to let it go.
To me it's a piece of craft.post #2485 of 62251/27/13 at 9:29ampost #2486 of 62251/27/13 at 10:01amWas back home in Edinburgh this weekend and picked up a white oxford from Corniche. I have to say that this is definitely the best oxford I have ever owned. The fabric is ridiculous, so awesome, and I love the collar too. Can't recommend it enough at sale prices. Might try and grab another colour.
Almost bought a crazy Mallory too but managed to restrain myself.
Also, if the guy in NYC who just bought the Thomas Crean Sleeping Bag jacket from Corniche is a member of the forum, it would be amazing to see some pics of it in the wild when you get it.post #2487 of 62251/27/13 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Jagger_On
Was back home in Edinburgh this weekend and picked up a white oxford from Corniche. I have to say that this is definitely the best oxford I have ever owned. The fabric is ridiculous, so awesome, and I love the collar too. Can't recommend it enough at sale prices. Might try and grab another colour.
Almost bought a crazy Mallory too but managed to restrain myself.
Also, if the guy in NYC who just bought the Thomas Crean Sleeping Bag jacket from Corniche is a member of the forum, it would be amazing to see some pics of it in the wild when you get it.
How's the fit on those oxfords? I've been eying them after getting my Mallory, but I've never handled one in person.post #2488 of 62251/27/13 at 11:50amQuote:
Fit is good. A wee bit slimmer than stuff like Gitman Vintage but not excessively so. Go true to size. I got a 52 which I think is equivalent to a L and is the same size all my other Cabourn stuff is in.
It's definitely the fabric that makes these oxfords. It's really thick and feels amazing.post #2489 of 62251/27/13 at 12:16pmpost #2490 of 62251/27/13 at 3:12pmQuote:
Superdenim has a few from £160 as well including a really nice red tattersall one.
Corniche was the only place I knew that had the white one left (although for some reason the white ones aren't on their website) plus Ian and Nina are awesome people.
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 11 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Are there rules for wearing a colour t-shirt under a dress shirt? 7 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 10 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding