Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Nigel Cabourn - Page 152post #2267 of 625112/22/12 at 10:43pmpost #2268 of 625112/23/12 at 12:01am
I like the Crazy Mallory a lot. A really distinctive jacket, if that's what you're after. Also, looking at the colours in reality, it's not actually as "crazy" as it may appear on photos. The photos tend to really accentuate the the different colours/patterns, while in normal lighting inside, it's more muted.
Mine will be under the Xmas tree tomorrow though, so I haven't done more than a brief trial fit. Sizewise though there appears to be very little difference between 50 and 52, going by my other two Mallorys. This size issue was also highlighted when looking at Cameraman the other day and comparing 50 and 52, the difference is hardly noticeable. Makes it hard for those of us buying by mail!
Edited by NickJohannessen - 12/23/12 at 12:12ampost #2269 of 625112/23/12 at 4:12am
AW12 - Surface and Aircraft jacket.
Does anyone know the difference between the Surface and Aircraft jacket when it comes
to the material (e.g. thickness)?
I tried the surface jacket - its a really nice jacket.post #2270 of 625112/23/12 at 6:37ampost #2271 of 625112/23/12 at 7:21ampost #2272 of 625112/23/12 at 11:51ampost #2273 of 625112/23/12 at 12:19pmpost #2274 of 625112/23/12 at 3:55pm
I purchased my first two Cabourn pieces this season - a Crazy Mallory and a Crazy Camerman. I have had them for about two months and I absolutely love with them. I took a 50 in the Mallory and it fits absolutely perfect. The 52 had approximately the same shoulder width however the body was too big. The Cameraman, on the other hand, I found to run small. With a paper thin cashmere sweater underneath a size 50 would have been passable - I took the 52 which allowed me to wear anything under it. Great iconic pieces - and great service from End Clothing.
I question what his Spring collection will look like - from the little I have seen of past collections it seems that it may be more difficult to buy. A spring crazy camerman yes - however it might be too close to my new winter one!post #2275 of 625112/23/12 at 8:56pmQuote:
Cheers. Just got to hope the post christmas credit card bill isn't too frightening, or the sales drop the prices enoughpost #2276 of 625112/24/12 at 2:35amIf it's of any use when I tried on the Mallory a few months back, I was able to size down one on the S/S one compared to A/W one.
I will have to pass on a Mallory this year, I think. Really liked the Deep Navy one this year when I tried it on but I finally got the cameraman I ordered last week and I may have treated myself to the Great WW1 Coat as an early Christmas present.
Also, Flannels have started their sale if anyone's interested. Is it wrong that I really want the sleeping bag jacket? Have no idea how I could pull it off but I seen it in Present a few weeks back and it looked amazing. They had it styled really simply with a cream Arran jumper underneath. The fabric is nuts.post #2277 of 625112/24/12 at 5:51ampost #2278 of 625112/24/12 at 7:18am
I too like it. At first when I saw it, I thought it look kinda of comical. But seeing it more I can picture myself wearing it. I would pick up during sale time, if I didn't grab the Mallory in the army stripe this season and also the fact I'm eyeing other stuffpost #2279 of 625112/24/12 at 8:10am
Hmm I don't know.. what bothers me with crazy mallory is the discord between a blazer and 'fun' fabric combination it's made of. I know NC stuff doesn't neccassarily qualify as elegant/formal wear, rather 'casual wear with class', but still- I think 'crazy fabric' just doesn't get along with a blazer. Just my humble 2c of course.post #2280 of 625112/24/12 at 8:15am
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Wearing A Tailored Jacket And Jeans Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...