Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DROPS! Vintage Belstaff-Woolrich-Moncler-Loro Piana-Cabourn-Bastian-Gloveral Last post on 6/14/11 at 5:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Wings + Horns Shirt Jackets, Reigning Champ varsity, Krane bag Last post on 6/6/11 at 12:04am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Belstaff in USA - where are they available? Last post on 3/1/14 at 5:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on Today at 3:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Nigel Cabourn - Page 152
Styleforum Top Picks
I like the Crazy Mallory a lot. A really distinctive jacket, if that's what you're after. Also, looking at the colours in reality, it's not actually as "crazy" as it may appear on photos. The photos tend to really accentuate the the different colours/patterns, while in normal lighting inside, it's more muted.
Mine will be under the Xmas tree tomorrow though, so I haven't done more than a brief trial fit. Sizewise though there appears to be very little difference between 50 and 52, going by my other two Mallorys. This size issue was also highlighted when looking at Cameraman the other day and comparing 50 and 52, the difference is hardly noticeable. Makes it hard for those of us buying by mail!
Edited by NickJohannessen - 12/23/12 at 12:12am
AW12 - Surface and Aircraft jacket.
Does anyone know the difference between the Surface and Aircraft jacket when it comes
to the material (e.g. thickness)?
I tried the surface jacket - its a really nice jacket.
I purchased my first two Cabourn pieces this season - a Crazy Mallory and a Crazy Camerman. I have had them for about two months and I absolutely love with them. I took a 50 in the Mallory and it fits absolutely perfect. The 52 had approximately the same shoulder width however the body was too big. The Cameraman, on the other hand, I found to run small. With a paper thin cashmere sweater underneath a size 50 would have been passable - I took the 52 which allowed me to wear anything under it. Great iconic pieces - and great service from End Clothing.
I question what his Spring collection will look like - from the little I have seen of past collections it seems that it may be more difficult to buy. A spring crazy camerman yes - however it might be too close to my new winter one!
Cheers. Just got to hope the post christmas credit card bill isn't too frightening, or the sales drop the prices enough
I will have to pass on a Mallory this year, I think. Really liked the Deep Navy one this year when I tried it on but I finally got the cameraman I ordered last week and I may have treated myself to the Great WW1 Coat as an early Christmas present.
Also, Flannels have started their sale if anyone's interested. Is it wrong that I really want the sleeping bag jacket? Have no idea how I could pull it off but I seen it in Present a few weeks back and it looked amazing. They had it styled really simply with a cream Arran jumper underneath. The fabric is nuts.
I too like it. At first when I saw it, I thought it look kinda of comical. But seeing it more I can picture myself wearing it. I would pick up during sale time, if I didn't grab the Mallory in the army stripe this season and also the fact I'm eyeing other stuff
Hmm I don't know.. what bothers me with crazy mallory is the discord between a blazer and 'fun' fabric combination it's made of. I know NC stuff doesn't neccassarily qualify as elegant/formal wear, rather 'casual wear with class', but still- I think 'crazy fabric' just doesn't get along with a blazer. Just my humble 2c of course.
- Nigel Cabourn
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures 18 seconds ago
- › Do these jackets fit? (Pics included) 36 seconds ago
- › Epaulet NEW 36 Driggs Cotton Cashmere Pants 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 5 minutes ago
- › BNWT $1790 Dunhill Leather Briefcase w/Key 5 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Runway & High Fashion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays