or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 133

post #1981 of 4726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

Not to be snarky or anything, but Marrkt says "maybe" size down.  I think it could go either way.  My concern is the thickness of the coat and then having on multiple layers (IE chunky sweater and woven shirt). 

Anyone here have a Geddes coat and a Cameraman?  Did you go same size?  Benecios, please post your thoughts when you get yours.  I'm a 43" chest and I feel like the 50 would be good for me, but the 48 could work too.  Just worried about the layering.

1. This is the only piece I've seen on marrkt with a comment "the jacket fits generous"
2. People here have posted that it fits larger than other NC outerwear, including owners like turunen
post #1982 of 4726

As soon as I receive my Geddes I'll let you know how's the fit. I got a 48. But as gdl suggests, I am pretty sure it is oversized and didn't even consider going for a 50 (and I'm rather athletic with wide shoulders).

post #1983 of 4726
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojiro View Post

As soon as I receive my Geddes I'll let you know how's the fit. I got a 48. But as gdl suggests, I am pretty sure it is oversized and didn't even consider going for a 50 (and I'm rather athletic with wide shoulders).

 

That'd be great.  Thanks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post


1. This is the only piece I've seen on marrkt with a comment "the jacket fits generous"
2. People here have posted that it fits larger than other NC outerwear, including owners like turunen

 

1  Me too.  I was just pointing out they said "maybe" as I think it could go either way.  They also say "maybe" if they're out of your size.

2  Again, I don't doubt that.  Also, IIRC turunen took the same size in the Geddes as he did the Cameraman.

 

I tried to pull up the endclothing link, but it's no longer aviable.  Ditto for Oi Polloi.  Either way I trust Marrkt's sizing in terms of the measurements.  I'm just not sure I should size down based on them and based on what I'd be wearing. 

post #1984 of 4726

The orange check vest is still in 50 and 52 available I think it is amazing. I cannot believe this is still for sale :)

post #1985 of 4726

I'm not so sure about it's awesomeness :)

post #1986 of 4726
Probably because it's fugly
post #1987 of 4726
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAUGRANA View Post

That'd be great.  Thanks.


1  Me too.  I was just pointing out they said "maybe" as I think it could go either way.  They also say "maybe" if they're out of your size.
2  Again, I don't doubt that.  Also, IIRC turunen took the same size in the Geddes as he did the Cameraman.

I tried to pull up the endclothing link, but it's no longer aviable.  Ditto for Oi Polloi.  Either way I trust Marrkt's sizing in terms of the measurements.  I'm just not sure I should size down based on them and based on what I'd be wearing. 

So the Kara Koram fits me perfectly in size 50. Is the concensus that the Geddes fits a full size larger? I have mailed marrkt to see if they could send me a 48 rather than the 50 that I bought. If it's a full size larger than the other Cabourn/Bauer pieces and they are happy to switch my order I will go with the 48. If it's just a bit bigger, I may stick with the 50. From reading here, I'm leaning towards the 48 but ln-cc had a picture of a much skinnier model than me wearing the 48 which led me to the 50 in the first place.
post #1988 of 4726
Anybody know how long they take to ship?
post #1989 of 4726
Quote:
Delivery

Shipping of the current event will begin on Wednesday 10th October.

UK orders will be delivered on a next day service whilst international orders take between 3-5 days to arrive. Our shipping partners are FedEx , DHL and TNT.
post #1990 of 4726

Geddes jacket fits a size big guys, no doubt about it.

post #1991 of 4726
I'm not sure what I actually ordered. I picked up that tan hunting jacket that popped up for a second in my size. But when I checked around different websites to bask in my new purchase I found two different versions of the jacket. One was a tan tweed, the other was the tan canvas. I'm pretty sure I could see the fox brothers logo on the jacket when I bought it, but I cant go back and look at the actual thing I bought. The only other place I have seen the tan fox brothers tweed one was on the nigel cabourn blog. Anyone know if it was the tweed or the canvas that was on marrkt?

Either way I'll be happy, got a killer deal.

As an aside, did the black raw tweed hunting jacket ever pop up on marrkt? I missed the very start of the sale because I thought it would start at 7 my time and it ended up starting an hour earlier. If anyone has one, I know someone who would really like to take that off your hands in a 48 if you are willing to part with it.
post #1992 of 4726
Quote:
Originally Posted by turunen View Post

Geddes jacket fits a size big guys, no doubt about it.

Thanks!
post #1993 of 4726
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post

I'm not sure what I actually ordered. I picked up that tan hunting jacket that popped up for a second in my size. But when I checked around different websites to bask in my new purchase I found two different versions of the jacket. One was a tan tweed, the other was the tan canvas. I'm pretty sure I could see the fox brothers logo on the jacket when I bought it, but I cant go back and look at the actual thing I bought. The only other place I have seen the tan fox brothers tweed one was on the nigel cabourn blog. Anyone know if it was the tweed or the canvas that was on marrkt?
Either way I'll be happy, got a killer deal.

As an aside, did the black raw tweed hunting jacket ever pop up on marrkt? I missed the very start of the sale because I thought it would start at 7 my time and it ended up starting an hour earlier. If anyone has one, I know someone who would really like to take that off your hands in a 48 if you are willing to part with it.

Don't recall seeing the hunting jacket.
post #1994 of 4726

The hunting jacket on Marrkt is tan canvas.  I have the charcoal tweed one myself.  Both materials have different color variation as well.  Both are available from Context: http://www.contextclothing.com/brand.php?brand=Nigel+Cabourn&sort=soldout

post #1995 of 4726
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojiro View Post

As soon as I receive my Geddes I'll let you know how's the fit. I got a 48. But as gdl suggests, I am pretty sure it is oversized and didn't even consider going for a 50 (and I'm rather athletic with wide shoulders).

Hello all,

It does come up on the larger side. All my Cabourn items (jumpers, jackets) are in a 48 and the 48 seems a little oversized. I tried it with a shawl collar cardigan and/or a sweatshirt underneath and I could still have enough room to put another layer on (which I would not do). I have an Everest parka in a 48 from a few years back and that is comfortable but the Geddes in a 48 is much more roomy than that.

This was a military flight parka that pilots wore in WW2 so they were worn over sized. Depends on the look you are after.



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn