or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nigel Cabourn - Page 116

post #1726 of 5237
you guys didn't read my post. I said that I NEVER pay full price for Cabourn.
post #1727 of 5237

My everest parka is defective. So I sent e-mail to nigel cabourn head office.

But nigel said, it is not defective.

What do you think about this?

You can see this video on youtube. (below link)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUgnkWVmjyA

 

I can't belive it, although it is very expensive.

Please post it on your twitter, blog and another fashion forum website.

 

P.S. Which website or forum is powerful, famous and big (europe & asia )?

People should know the truth and nigel's lie.


Edited by jafka - 9/12/12 at 9:15pm
post #1728 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post



That is the dumbest way of doing business I have ever heard, why would anyone pay full retail for something all other retailers have sold at 50% off?

 

Because it's the last one left and they regret missing out on it? I don't konw. Personally I'm a patient man, but if Ushowu can afford to hold on to that stock and sell it at full price then more power to them I guess. I mean they're sold out of most sizes in most styles so they must be selling things eventually.

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by London View Post

you guys didn't read my post. I said that I NEVER pay full price for Cabourn.

 

Me I presume.  I read it and I wasn't saying you did or that people just "turned" on Cabourn over price alone.  Indeed as I said, I think some have misconceptions about the garments based on what I've read. 

post #1729 of 5237

Forgot to add that it looks like the usual suspects all have the AW Collection up on their respective sites and not a single AW Cameraman to be found. 

post #1730 of 5237
They are probably in the second shipment.

Jafka- No, Ventile will not perform like Goretex. While it was supposedly created to keep airmen warm and dry when they bailed out into the Atlantic, it is 100% cotton and will not shed water like Goretex. I would wear the Everest parka to stay warm, and not necessarily dry. That said, when it would be cold enough to wear it here, the snow is generally dry powder. I'd love an Everest if I could ever find one at 80+% off.
post #1731 of 5237

My everest parka is defective. So I sent e-mail to nigel cabourn head office.

But nigel said, it is not defective.

What do you think about this?

You can see this video on youtube. (below link)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUgnkWVmjyA

 

I can't belive it, although it is very expensive.

Please post it on your twitter, blog and another fashion forum website.

 

P.S. Which website or forum is powerful, famous and big (europe & asia )?

People should know the truth and nigel's lie.


Edited by jafka - 9/12/12 at 9:16pm
post #1732 of 5237

I’ve been reading this thread for a while so decided to take the plunge and open an account.. that way I can give my 2p’s worth..

 

Like everyone else here, I’m a big fan of Cabourn, but like everyone else, have to spend hours scouring retail websites for the best reductions! Picked up a few good items this summer, I got the army linen Mallory at End for 245 quid (before they put it back to 295 quid, bizarrely) and recently bought the multicolored thick stripe oxford from Marrkt, although haven’t seen it yet. I also bought the yellow cameraman off Ebay for 350, which I also haven’t seen yet, so I hope it doesn’t have a sleeve missing or something.. My missus doesn’t get it of course, and my best arguments for buying the stuff (it’s 60% off, the quality is second-to-none, I’ll be dead one day and then it’ll be too late, etc) are simply met with tutting, head-shaking and general disdain..

 

Interesting to read that TBS and LN-CC aren’t stocking it any more, although to be honest I’m not at all surprised, it can’t be much fun for a retailer to sell stock at cost price or even less.. I really don’t know why Cabes doesn’t stop with wholesaling altogether, invest in a decent e-retail site himself, cut out a link in the supply chain, and then sell the stuff directly for 30-40% cheaper.  He says in video clips that when he wants to make a garment, he doesn’t want to make any compromise whatsoever. Well that’s all well and good, but if you source a nice Oxford from Japan, add your margin, ship it to a retailer, let him add his margin, then that’s why you end up with 330 quid shirts..

 

I don’t know how e-savvy he is though, the Cabourn website itself hasn’t been updated for about 2 years…

 

Having said all that, when you compare with other ‘designer’ stuff, at least you get some substance for your money (which is surely more than can be said for some of the abominations to be found on LN-CC’s website)

Just sayin’..

post #1733 of 5237
Buyer beware from Uhshowu. You will mostly likely be hit with customs fees.
post #1734 of 5237

is there considerable difference in fit between a 46 and 48 mallory? I fit somewhere in between

post #1735 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by London View Post

Buyer beware from Uhshowu. You will mostly likely be hit with customs fees.

Really? I recalled once I emailed them and they said they mark down item
post #1736 of 5237
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensolujofin View Post

I’ve been reading this thread for a while so decided to take the plunge and open an account.. that way I can give my 2p’s worth..

 

Like everyone else here, I’m a big fan of Cabourn, but like everyone else, have to spend hours scouring retail websites for the best reductions! Picked up a few good items this summer, I got the army linen Mallory at End for 245 quid (before they put it back to 295 quid, bizarrely) and recently bought the multicolored thick stripe oxford from Marrkt, although haven’t seen it yet. I also bought the yellow cameraman off Ebay for 350, which I also haven’t seen yet, so I hope it doesn’t have a sleeve missing or something.. My missus doesn’t get it of course, and my best arguments for buying the stuff (it’s 60% off, the quality is second-to-none, I’ll be dead one day and then it’ll be too late, etc) are simply met with tutting, head-shaking and general disdain..

 

Interesting to read that TBS and LN-CC aren’t stocking it any more, although to be honest I’m not at all surprised, it can’t be much fun for a retailer to sell stock at cost price or even less.. I really don’t know why Cabes doesn’t stop with wholesaling altogether, invest in a decent e-retail site himself, cut out a link in the supply chain, and then sell the stuff directly for 30-40% cheaper.  He says in video clips that when he wants to make a garment, he doesn’t want to make any compromise whatsoever. Well that’s all well and good, but if you source a nice Oxford from Japan, add your margin, ship it to a retailer, let him add his margin, then that’s why you end up with 330 quid shirts..

 

I don’t know how e-savvy he is though, the Cabourn website itself hasn’t been updated for about 2 years…

 

Having said all that, when you compare with other ‘designer’ stuff, at least you get some substance for your money (which is surely more than can be said for some of the abominations to be found on LN-CC’s website)

Just sayin’..

firstly i think i know that ebay cameraman, i almost bid on it! glad it went to a good home!

 

secondly, rumour is there is going to be a cabourn store in london, but id be HUGELY surprised if he drops his prices for it!

post #1737 of 5237

Of course he won't :)

When it comes to pricing- people shouldn't confuse two things.. the F/W "Expedition" collection which just hit the shelves is a LIMITED edition, the number of garments that have been manufactured is very low..  When you are manufacturing 10 000 pieces of particular garment, it's easy to depreciate the costs of logistics, marketing, office costs etc etc..When you manufacture say 86 pieces (like in case of the shearling coastal command jacket), there's no 'financial real estate' to make it happen.

The other items liek Cameraman jacket, Mallory and other classics- they are fairly limited in number as well.. so the above is still relevant.

Not to mention production costs- these are not your made in 3rd world garments, the materials and labour are off the scale when you compare them to production line of any other major brand (it's quite common that even big names of fashion have their production lines in China.. heck, even Visvim does it now!).

I'd say that if you give it a thought, the aforementioned classics pricing is not that off... and all the other items, like Coastal coat / Everest parka etc etc are either Limited Editions or simply so limited in number that the costs  stack up and can't be depreciated.

 

However I see the point of the discussion- it ultimately always comes to the blunt evaluation- is particular item worth $xxx for you or it isn't.. I think we should be  thankful that these pieces hit the sales and you can grab them fairly cheap, but I don't blame NC pricing policy.

post #1738 of 5237

In AW 2010 Victorinox Swiss Army did a capsule collection with Christopher Raeburn called "Remade in Switzerland."  He recycles fabrics from old garments, blankets, etc and he went through some old Victorinox warehouses in Switzerland.  He then designed some outerwear, accessories and even a new knife and they only made 100 of each piece and each piece was individually numbered.  The pieces were also made in Switzerland.  At the end of the day the pricing was similar if not slightly more than Cabourn.  Just a point of comparison.  Oh, and if you never saw the collection you should check it out.  Some cool pieces. 

post #1739 of 5237

Speaking of which, this seasons' Christopher Raeburn collaboration with Moncler (Moncler R line) is also very nice, just a tad bit similar to Eddie Bauer x NC collab from last season (which I appreciate). Just a sidenote :)

post #1740 of 5237

This winter is very cold.


Edited by jafka - 9/12/12 at 4:25pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Nigel Cabourn