or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Received Saint Crispins
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Received Saint Crispins - Page 2

post #16 of 59
Amazing - I'm pining for a pair of St. C myself
post #17 of 59
Great looking shoes Congrats.
post #18 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin831 View Post
Agreed.

Just out of curiosity, how were you able to determine your size? I've always wanted to order a pair of SC but just assumed it would impossible to find my size without actually trying a pair on.

Speaking of finishes, my wise ass thought it would be interesting to apply neatsfoot oil to a pair of Pewter JLP. Totally ruined the color

I would love to know this as well. I have always wanted to order a pair but have always been worried about sizing issues.
post #19 of 59
Very nice. Unique, and still classic.
post #20 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
I would love to know this as well. I have always wanted to order a pair but have always been worried about sizing issues.

I contacted Phillip Car one of the principals at SC. We discussed the size issue in depth. He asked me what shoes I wore, and I listed the EGs, C&J, JL, etc. I wear a British 9E, so he advised me to try their 9F, which is kind of similar. But in fact, the shape of the last is important. I noticed that on this model (SC 523), which is based on the chiseled last, the shoes are wider. That is not the case on the classic last. In conclusion, it is worth talking to Phillip first. He knows so much about shoes, that I am sure he will be able to give you the best advice possible.
post #21 of 59
gdl203 will love the U wing, Mr. Monty will love the socks and AlanC will lover the jean aspect.

Just guessing here.
post #22 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gooch View Post
gdl203 will love the U wing, Mr. Monty will love the socks and AlanC will lover the jean aspect.

Just guessing here.

Pretty astute for 31 posts.
post #23 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Pretty astute for 31 posts.

You learn a lot when you lurk for a couple of years. Heck, I should be applauded, no?
post #24 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post
+1, I have EGs and JLP to my untrained eyes Saint Crispins are much nicer in the finish. Recently handle a few pairs before I took the plunge and order one for myself, they are also lighter than. It has a feel of a bespoke shoes. SC is also more flexible with there MTO program willing to reduce width and instep is a big plus for me.



The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere
post #25 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
Beautiful shoes.


You're pretty worthless too.

you talk the talk but then your wife forces u to sell your stuff here you are begging, cap in hand
what a wuss. Stand up as a man and keep your clothes, dont be bulied into selling
post #26 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gooch View Post
You learn a lot when you lurk for a couple of years. Heck, I should be applauded, no?

weren't you just asking people's opinions on some shitty american shoes, to then buy some EGs after someone recomend you to look it up?

funny

i bet you didnt know about the goodyear welted suits though, of the fully canvassed EGs.
post #27 of 59
When did this thread turn into sock puppet masterpiece theater?
post #28 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
When did this thread turn into sock puppet masterpiece theater?

lulz +1
post #29 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphwho View Post
The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere

You're in the wrong forum. We're all ballers here.
post #30 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphwho View Post
The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere
So... in summary you can't afford this, or are stingy. Oxbridge education not working out for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphwho View Post
you talk the talk but then your wife forces u to sell your stuff here you are begging, cap in hand what a wuss. Stand up as a man and keep your clothes, dont be bulied into selling
You really think that because I clear out some less-not worn ties I have been 'bullied into selling'? You really think the true measure of a man is whether he 'keeps his clothes'? LOL you are a real idiot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Received Saint Crispins