or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I think I hate San Francisco.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I think I hate San Francisco. - Page 13

post #181 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStyles View Post
hella mad.


PS: My parents did not travel 3000 miles across the fucking pacific ocean to see this city overrun by fucking transplants.



Console yourself that you guys got a ring... or a cup... or... what is this that you guys just won? I think I read a blurb about it somewhere.
post #182 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharwitt View Post
since when is telluride a "city?"

1878!
post #183 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Let's hear it.
Florence, Paris, Prague, Barcelona, Montreal, at least a half-dozen greek islands, and about half-dozen Thai islands.

But all said, on looks of the city alone, SF takes the U.S. crown. I'd still rather live in LA.
post #184 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post
I've lived in both SF and LA. LA is the worst city hands down for anything other than Women, Art, Homes, Happy Meals.
ftfy, dufus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
1878!
I thought that it was incorporated as a ski resort
post #185 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc138 View Post
Florence, Paris, Prague, Barcelona, Montreal, at least a half-dozen greek islands, and about half-dozen Thai islands.

But all said, on looks of the city alone, SF takes the U.S. crown. I'd still rather live in LA.

Wut. The conversation is about which cities in the world are set in more beautiful settings, not the aesthetics of the city/architecture/etc.
post #186 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStyles View Post
I'm a native and I've ridden a taxi in SF less than 5 times. They're simply not needed unless you're a tourist (which sucks i know). Very diff than NY Cabbies are one of the oldest mafias in town and their unions have made it hard as fuck for any type of reform. Not enough, too expensive, dirty, rude, I could go on. They create it for themselves and the shit flows both ways....kind alike a teeter totter. But we could sit around all day and start nit picking at the various inadequacies of major cities across the world but that'd be hella weak sauce, braw. frisco baby. frisco.
How did you get to bars? Back from bars? To the airport? I must have been in a cab-a-week when I lived there.

They are bad, but really not that much worse than the rest of them. Try the cabs in central america some time...
post #187 of 2698
Art in LA is subpar, MOCA is cool and then you're done. Homes? only if you like track homes Happy Meals. The food in SF is better than LA.
post #188 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc138 View Post
How did you get to bars? Back from bars? To the airport? I must have been in a cab-a-week when I lived there.

They are bad, but really not that much worse than the rest of them. Try the cabs in central america some time...

true. Cabs never gave me a problem. If you're a native, they really don't mess with you.
post #189 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post
Art in LA is subpar, MOCA is cool and then you're done. Homes? only if you like track homes Happy Meals. The food in SF is better than LA.
LOL. Maybe you can send us a few graffiti artists to save our struggling art scene sarcasm aside, I'll give you food
post #190 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post
Homes? only if you like track homes
LA >>>>>>SF in homes. The majority of San Francisco homes are extremely poor in quality and likely inferior to average suburban homes you see popping up in Phoenix or Vegas. Half the city is basically made of stick frames, plywood, stucco, and the shittiest window boxes Home Depot could ever dream of selling.
post #191 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
lol fstyles u mad?
very mad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Console yourself that you guys got a ring... or a cup... or... what is this that you guys just won? I think I read a blurb about it somewhere.
We won our dignity back... so I'm going to put it back on the line right here, right now... wouldn't be approp to show the others.
post #192 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post
true. Cabs never gave me a problem. If you're a native, they really don't mess with you.
Come to think of it, I've unfairly maligned central american taxis. The very worst in cabs are those in Long Island. They are filthy. They take an hour to come. When they finally show up you are crammed in with five other people all going to different places and you have to share the ride.

This really has nothing to do with OP's thread, sorry.
post #193 of 2698
Isn't SanFran mostly a driving city? I know they have the trolley (name?) but its mostly cars so far as I understand it. Generally these types of places don't have good cab service.
post #194 of 2698
I got on a bus the first day I was there but I had to get off to avoid missing my flight home.
post #195 of 2698
How them Yankees do this year? Red Sox?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I think I hate San Francisco.