or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I think I hate San Francisco.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I think I hate San Francisco. - Page 93

post #1381 of 2698
Everyone with hair looks the same to you.
post #1382 of 2698
Hair where, though?
post #1383 of 2698
Walking around SF the last couple of days, I cannot even imagine how people could use a stroller safely on those streets. Now that I think of it, I did not see one stroller nor did I see a child... Are there any children in this town ?
post #1384 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Walking around SF the last couple of days, I cannot even imagine how people could use a stroller safely on those streets. Now that I think of it, I did not see one stroller nor did I see a child... Are there any children in this town ?

I noticed this as well. I don't think I saw a single child outside of the Fisherman's Wharf and Ghiradelli Square.

Running those hills were tough enough, strollers would be straight up dangerous.
post #1385 of 2698
Thread Starter 

Is  there a fine for not turning your stroller wheels to the curb?

 

lefty

post #1386 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Is  there a fine for not turning your stroller wheels to the curb?

lefty

I knew this was going to come up laugh.gif

I feel like in SF strollers would have some kind of safety mechanism that applies a locking brake when adult hands are not operating the stroller (like a brake release build into the handle that the adult squeezes lightly while pushing). I'm not sure why I'm thinking about this so much right now...
post #1387 of 2698
when I lived on Powell and Bush I could swear I heard sea lions grunting outside.

I looked out the window it was just 10 dudes on razor scooters flying down Powell. I guess when you brake on those things going that fast its sounds like continuous sea lion grunting.

one thing I remember about living in that area: how bipolar the cable car operators were. its like they transported 70's era mean NYC bus drivers to man the cable cars, they are very short tempered with tourists but if you're a familiar local they wave you on and then let you ride for free. Plus they have to be skimming the cash they get right? There's no way in hell you can regulate that amount of cash with taking some.
post #1388 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

when I lived on Powell and Bush I could swear I heard sea lions grunting outside.
I looked out the window it was just 10 dudes on razor scooters flying down Powell. I guess when you brake on those things going that fast its sounds like continuous sea lion grunting.
one thing I remember about living in that area: how bipolar the cable car operators were. its like they transported 70's era mean NYC bus drivers to man the cable cars, they are very short tempered with tourists but if you're a familiar local they wave you on and then let you ride for free. Plus they have to be skimming the cash they get right? There's no way in hell you can regulate that amount of cash with taking some.

Did you dance at the Nob Hill Theater?
post #1389 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

Did you dance at the Nob Hill Theater?

no... i did walk by it everyday to get some short ribs from Jasmin's Cafe though....

^that had to have been one of the shittiest apartments I've ever lived in. The guy downstairs had loud techno blasting to mask his S&M pleasure/agony screams. and the elderly couple upstairs were racist Germans who would yell down into the exhaust vents "STOP POISONING ME CHINK!!" in perfect elderly harmony. but it was a 1 bedroom for $850/month which was awesome for the year 2000.

I worked at the Hotel Villa Florence and Hotel Triton (both Kimpton group hotels back then).

I remembered the thing with the cable car operators because after work they'd sometimes wave me on to the cable car even in the middle of the street. They'd start yelling loudly at me things like how many tourists fell off the cable car earlier in the morning and lost limbs....(they were busting balls of course, but its still a mean assed joke to tell when you have 20 tourists hanging off the cable cars now scared for their lives).
post #1390 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Walking around SF the last couple of days, I cannot even imagine how people could use a stroller safely on those streets. Now that I think of it, I did not see one stroller nor did I see a child... Are there any children in this town ?

Plenty, but with the mismanagement of the schools, fewer every year.
post #1391 of 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Walking around SF the last couple of days, I cannot even imagine how people could use a stroller safely on those streets. Now that I think of it, I did not see one stroller nor did I see a child... Are there any children in this town ?

They're all in Noe Valley (see above), and many of them are triple seaters - it's the fertility drugs.
post #1392 of 2698
I have had Blue Bus operators who talk loudly to themselves in a ranting manner.
post #1393 of 2698
When I went there my girlfriend was upset that for some reason I kept getting hit on by teh g4ys, she said it was because of the way I dressed.... SF was fun for the long weekend I was there though... but why was it so difficult to find food after 12 AM around Nob Hill?

I stayed at the huntington - seemed like a decent place.
post #1394 of 2698
The other night, two Chinese women were fighting over my recycling trash bin which I put to the curb for pick up. They both had what looked like home-made quilted hats while one wore yellow dishwashing gloves and the other blue ones. One of them had one of those reacher/grabber devices that cripples use to get shit off the shelf.
post #1395 of 2698
SF has very few all night eateries. The funny thing, though, is that most of them are within a ten minute walk of the Huntington.

The Big Four (at the Huntington) is one of my favorite bars in SF.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › I think I hate San Francisco.