• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nurktwin

Reaction score
Is there a way to safely remove the applied (i.e. not engraved) Ray-Ban logo on a sunglass lens without damaging the lens coating? It looks like it's just some sort of white applied material on the left upper lens. I'm just not a fan of the loud Ray-Ban branding on a sun glass lens. (I'm ok with engraving as that is more subtle). I assume Ray Ban does this to differentiate against forgeries, but the loud overbranding really sullies the cool factor of their classic Aviator and Wayfarer designs.
wayfarer_black.jpg

s0rce

Reaction score
If the lenses are glass (check by tapping something on them) then the penny will be fine. If they are plastic lenses then try to get it off with your finger nail and some soap + hot water to avoid scratching the lens.

If your fingernails are short try something else plastic.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Search topic. There was a discussion on this. FWIW wearing raybans is like wearing nothing at all.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
Search topic. There was a discussion on this. FWIW wearing raybans is like wearing nothing at all.

I'll say the same thing I did on the other thread about this. "Just get the lenses replaced you cheap bastards."

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why would you pay to get them replaced when you can remove the logo for one cent, and keep the penny? That isn't cheap, just smart.

nurktwin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I'll say the same thing I did on the other thread about this. "Just get the lenses replaced you cheap bastards."
I just tried the penny edge recommendation and it works like a charm. Took only a few seconds to remove the stupid Ray-Ban logo and didn't scratch the lens at all. No need to waste time and money putting in lenses. Use the penny!

lynch_king

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nurktwin
I just tried the penny edge recommendation and it works like a charm. Took only a few seconds to remove the stupid Ray-Ban logo and didn't scratch the lens at all. No need to waste time and money putting in lenses. Use the penny!

you are now aware that there is an RB logo engraved on the other lens

nurktwin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lynch_king
you are now aware that there is an RB logo engraved on the other lens
Engraving doesn't bother me as such a watermark in unobtrusive. It's the white applied logo in the upper left corner that sucks and which I have removed.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An issue addressed by The Trad just a few weeks ago right here.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A better question perhaps: "Ray Ban - how to remove from styleforum?"

EZETHATSME

Reaction score

A better question perhaps: "Ray Ban - how to remove from styleforum?"

Grouchy much?

EZ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads