• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxury Leather Glove Recommendation

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...

I'm buying a Seraphin shearling from RJMan, and in doing so, I realized I don't have a decent pair of gloves.

I'm looking for cashmere-lined leather (my girl has a pair, they're nice..). Winter is approaching and all, and after living in San Diego, VA Beach, and New Orleans.. the DC winter is a little chilly for me (yes, I realize it's not Chicago or Boston :p ).

I read over at londonlounge (RJ, you're everywhere) and was just overwhelmed by all the posts/information.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hermes are great for RTW. Chester Jefferies do mail order made-to-measure gloves which are a good bargain though not top level. There is also a glovemaker in New York I am trying. They usually make ladies' gloves but will do mens', too.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm also curious for recommendations...this is one area where I have had trouble finding good product. I normally buy Coach cashmere lined gloves but they are too short in length.

Hermes sounds expensive...how much?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
Hermes are great for RTW. Chester Jefferies do mail order made-to-measure gloves which are a good bargain though not top level. There is also a glovemaker in New York I am trying. They usually make ladies' gloves but will do mens', too.
La Crasia at the aptly named We Glove You.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
LabelKing,

Is that an online store? Brick & Mortar?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The NYC glovemaker I mentioned is indeed LaCrasia. LK's post on a different thread led me to them. The shop and workshop is located at 15 W 28th st, suite 401. I can write more about the quality in a couple weeks, when I receive my first pair.

A custom unlined, wrist-length capeskin glove is about $100.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Thanks!
smile.gif
Another store to visit on my New York trips. I'm going to need to take a personal day.
wink.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
......73.jpg

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PM me , I bought a bunch of purple label brown and black shearling/cashmere lined gloves.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm curious, has anyone else had the problem with cashmere-lined gloves that their finger nails eventually cut through the cashmere? It's not like I let mine grow long, but it inevitably happens and makes me shy away from spending much on a really nice pair. I'd like to get a pair that's lined with rabbit fur or something.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
where did you order from? I did a quick search and found equestrian gloves but nothing like what I'm looking for. And in what way are they showing wear? Is the rabbit fur lining on the interior of the glove still intact? That's my primary concern, finding something that will look good with an overcoat (so no pure cashmere or shearling) and be very soft and warm, but not fall apart in 2 years.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The fur is in fine shape. If you request the order materials from Chester Jeffries, or hunt around on their site, they do bespoke and can make basically anything you want. Hers are red capeskin, handstitched--with the stitching visible on the outside of the glove. The handstitching is coming loose, and the skin has some minor stains, probably from keys and the like. I should probably send them back for a cleaning and restitching, but as the fit was not perfect, she'll probably just order another pair next year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads