or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RLPL Edward Greens for $325?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RLPL Edward Greens for $325? - Page 30

post #436 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
That picture still cracks me up.

technically, that is the most obscene shoe porn pic in the forum.
post #437 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
has someone turned this into an avatar?
post #438 of 481
I had it as my avatar for a few minutes. Anyone who would like should feel free to use it as theirs.
post #439 of 481
I really feel that this thread should be pinned as a sort of warning/reminder of the dangers of advertising and tricky sales...
post #440 of 481
Wow. I had pondered buying some as my first real dress shoes but wasn't sure about the sizing so I passed. I didn't go back on this thread before today because I was too pissed at having to pass on such a deal and didn't even want to see what I had been missing. Today I finally dared and... BWHAHAHA.

And that chorse picture is an instant classic.

You guys are the best.
post #441 of 481
I actually bought a pair of these - the shoes someone actually got - off a member of the forum here, without knowing about this thread. I must say, for $75.00 as very slightly used, I'd say I got a heckuva deal. One man's trash....
post #442 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I really feel that this thread should be pinned as a sort of warning/reminder of the dangers of advertising and tricky sales...


I don't quite understand many posts in this thread warning about "if it's too good to be true..." The shoes were free shipping and free returns? What's the DANGER involved in trying luck out on some cheap EG's? They didn't cost me a cent. OK, I lied. $2 bus ride to the Mansion, but free x-fer back downtown!!! Ha. Many people just shipped them back to Polo.com free of cost. No harm, no foul.
post #443 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I really feel that this thread should be pinned as a sort of warning/reminder of the dangers of advertising and tricky sales...
What advertising?
post #444 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
They didn't cost me a cent. OK, I lied. $2 bus ride to the Mansion, but free x-fer back downtown!!! Ha. Many people just shipped them back to Polo.com free of cost. No harm, no foul.

Actually, I came out ahead. I called up the customer service folks and told them I would be sending the shoes back because they were not as advertised on the website. They refunded the return shipping cost and sent me a $20 gift e-certificate for the foul-up.

And frankly, the anticipation and excitement was worth it. Even though it didn't pan out, I still had a lot of fun on this ride.

Hoya
post #445 of 481
This was the second time they'd botched up my attempts to buy shoes in the last six months or so, and they gave me a $50 gift certificate. Still no shoes, though.
post #446 of 481
May I get a poll of how much in gift certificate they gave the people who returned the evil Corbens?

They gave me $30, but the Boston manager put me on the phone to someone at Polo.com, where I described that this was not the first time I was annoyed with Polo.com.

It was hilarious. The nice manager asked me what Polo.com did wrong. I said they put the wrong shoe photo and description on the website and her reaction was somewhat priceless.
post #447 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepidal
May I get a poll of how much in gift certificate they gave the people who returned the evil Corbens?

They gave me $30, but the Boston manager put me on the phone to someone at Polo.com, where I described that this was not the first time I was annoyed with Polo.com.

It was hilarious. The nice manager asked me what Polo.com did wrong. I said they put the wrong shoe photo and description on the website and her reaction was somewhat priceless.


So, what was her reaction?
post #448 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade
So, what was her reaction?

Somewhat priceless.
post #449 of 481
Who's on first?
post #450 of 481
I think she didn't want to say it explicitly, but I infer from her facial expression and spontaneous choice of words that it's impossible for a Ralph Lauren employee to believe that their website could screw up that badly.

Not a stretch for a Ralph Lauren CUSTOMER who's used the website before, I believe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RLPL Edward Greens for $325?