or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RLPL Edward Greens for $325?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RLPL Edward Greens for $325? - Page 2

post #16 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepidal
Incidentally, a British compatriot can put this controversy to rest by phoning the EG store on our behalf. They know the specs of the RLPLs better than Polo.com customer service.

Obviously you don't peruse SlickDeals or FatWallet.

First rule of online bargain shopping: Never call.
Second rule of online bargain shopping: Never call.

post #17 of 481
I can't wait to see if this order will actually go through, and if it does, what will end up arriving at my door.
post #18 of 481
I recall the return label is charged to you like the STP return label.

However you can return any polo.com purchase to any RL store.

I put in the order. I wonder whether I will get a tan burnished calf or brown captoe suede shoe.

We shall see. With no shipping and a local RL store I got no downside.

An EG of any kind for $325 is OK by me.

Perry
post #19 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepidal
Incidentally, a British compatriot can put this controversy to rest by phoning the EG store on our behalf. They know the specs of the RLPLs better than Polo.com customer service.

Todd says hello.
post #20 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy
However you can return any polo.com purchase to any RL store.

I put in the order. I wonder whether I will get a tan burnished calf or brown captoe suede shoe.
Well this sold me. There are two Ralph Lauren stores within a mile of me. Hopefully the shoe won't be too wide, and there are always thick socks, right.
post #21 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik
Obviously you don't peruse SlickDeals or FatWallet.

First rule of online bargain shopping: Never call.
Second rule of online bargain shopping: Never call.

You don't get it. It's easier to call EDWARD GREEN about RLPL specs than Polo itself, but they have nothing whatsoever to do with Polo after selling the shoes.

Anyway, I was telling whoopee on the phone that I thought I recalled seeing suede Mackay-like shoes at the Mansion last November very heavily marked down. I'm hoping they're 888 last shoes.
post #22 of 481
Did someone save the thread about last year's glitch? Maybe we can recycle the legal arguments for suing Polo if this wave of orders is cancelled.
post #23 of 481
I was inches from pulling the trigger on a pair of these. Had my credit card info entered and everything. I'm either developing some amazing self restraint these days, or am just way too broke for my own good Let us know how they turn out!
post #24 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by josepidal
Did someone save the thread about last year's glitch? Maybe we can recycle the legal arguments for suing Polo if this wave of orders is cancelled.

I can't imagine that it would be worthwhile to sue over $325. But if they sell them great. If not, well we move on.

Shouldn't you be studying??

Perry
post #25 of 481
Too late for me as I picked up identical to this Tramezzas during Father's Day sale for a little more than 50% of what the Corbens are running.
LL
post #26 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkincy
I can't imagine that it would be worthwhile to sue over $325. But if they sell them great. If not, well we move on.

Shouldn't you be studying??

Perry
Heh, you should have seen the forum furor over last year's set of $100 off coupons on any purchase that didn't go through.

I AM studying. The evils of having a beautiful, beautiful library modeled after the Parthenon or something, combined with high speed wireless.
post #27 of 481
Can someone explain to me a little bit about why this is a good deal?

Thanks
post #28 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneitis
Can someone explain to me a little bit about why this is a good deal?

Thanks

These are Purple Label shoes, presumably. Normal retail for PL shoes is $850-$950. Sometimes they drop to $595 or so, on sale. They're by Edward Green, one of England's finest shoemakers. Even at EG's big sales, EG shoes usually go for $500+. So $341 shipped is a very good deal.
post #29 of 481
Purple Label shoes also come with beautiful shoe trees that mimic the shoe's shape, and preserve the leather nicely. Especially considering these trees and even considering suede shoes don't command as high a price, you cannot get a deal like this on eBay or from discounters.
post #30 of 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris
I was inches from pulling the trigger on a pair of these. Had my credit card info entered and everything. I'm either developing some amazing self restraint these days, or am just way too broke for my own good Let us know how they turn out!

I'm in the same position. If only I didn't have so many expenses for school.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RLPL Edward Greens for $325?