or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 258

post #3856 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Does NsM take payment up front, upon delivery, or half/half?

Generally half/half. If you have a good relationship with them they will allow payment on delivery for items not ordered during visits.
post #3857 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Yes.
.

How much did you pay ? a machinemade cost 50-60 cmt plus fabric.
post #3858 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by SartodiNapoli View Post

.

How much did you pay ? a machinemade cost 50-60 cmt plus fabric.

Honestly I am not certain. It's around $450 USD.
post #3859 of 3926
Man, that is a scam. I would say her to do a huge discount for next buy if i ever would ever buy from such scammers or to reimbourse a lot for that shirt that cost 60 euros plus fabric. No joking.

I am sorry they made on you a truffa napolitana, the classic neapolitan scam. I have suffered a lot before starting learning myself.
post #3860 of 3926
Scam is a strong word. I think there are a lot of places that cost as much or more for a shirt without hand sewing (charvet for example) but it's definitely surprising that they would produce a shirt without hand sewing when Mina seems to emphasize how important it is to quality. I've seen them cut corners on some other ways (crappy plastic buttons, crappy lining, sewing that isn't great) but this seems a little different given that the shirts were, at least for some at some point, hand sewn.
post #3861 of 3926
don't feed the troll
post #3862 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

Scam is a strong word. I think there are a lot of places that cost as much or more for a shirt without hand sewing (charvet for example) but it's definitely surprising that they would produce a shirt without hand sewing when Mina seems to emphasize how important it is to quality. I've seen them cut corners on some other ways (crappy plastic buttons, crappy lining, sewing that isn't great) but this seems a little different given that the shirts were, at least for some at some point, hand sewn.

I am shirtmaking in Naples already working in places as Kiton or Isaia, that for the one who is calling me troll. I warn before you do the ridicule again my friend. Sorry you did out and loud.

Second, all what you say about Charvet is true but off topic, topic is customer says he paid 450$ for a cass A product and got a class C product.

You order a prime cut steak, pay 25 but got a pig steak. That is the topic.
post #3863 of 3926
^ nah. You don't get it. The difference between handsewn and not handsewn isn't the difference between class a and class c. It still could be a great shirt. In any event, you don't want to be one of those people who comes on an Internet forum and says that a maker that many love and have great experiences with is a fraud.
post #3864 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

^ nah. You don't get it. The difference between handsewn and not handsewn isn't the difference between class a and class c. It still could be a great shirt. In any event, you don't want to be one of those people who comes on an Internet forum and says that a maker that many love and have great experiences with is a fraud.

I answered above, please read as the shirtmaker in Naples is me and 450$ is not the price for a machine made shirt. You all might have had good experiences, another off topic.

This client seems to have had a scam paying a lot for again a class C product, if you want todefend it, go ahead.

I just do my work again as shirtmaker to inform and help people. If brand lovers do bot like is not my fault. Next time do not support what trusting the client words, be a fraud. Period.

We all have had a lot of nice time on McDonalds, now support paying 100$ for a Big Mac.

Great argument...one calls me troll and the other defends a scam with non related topics.

An applause! Ask the brand for the prize, a pin with brand hooligan of the year written on it lol.
post #3865 of 3926
To offer something constructive:

Jerry, have you brought this up to Mina or Dino? From my experience (perhaps just because I have bad luck), getting something different than what you ordered is somewhat common (with many tailoring houses, not just NSM). As I'm sure you know. Perhaps they wrote your order down wrong or something. Maybe bring it up, and see what they say. I just sent back some jackets for a few tweaks, and Dino was nothing but cheerful and accommodating.
post #3866 of 3926
I think my NSM shirts were around 200 euro CMT a few years ago. While they were handsewn, I wouldn't have cared if they weren't (although I understand that many people do). The shirts are well done. I generally like a slimmer shirt than Mina produces, but I think the fit is decent and the price is good. I would be unhappy if I were jerrybrowne and had received something different than what I had in the past. Jerrybrowne, I hope you ask them about it and post their answer and I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.
post #3867 of 3926
I have had a fraud as this having a horrible jacket not made for me but a standart size delivered, polyester lining instead of Cupro and a Winter overarmoured instead of a deconstructed Summer jacket that was my order. This kind of untrusty behaviour is very common on Naples done to foreigners as i was time ago. I meant not by Mina but for similar internet hyped name.

Sadly for people as me who won't ever fool or lie around and i am surprised as i thought Mina was serious and even recommended her, that offends me a lot.

Just informing you all as is my moral duty, as sometimes they fool around and keep the money as it seems the case, and people defending paying the handmade over price for lesser machinemade products and offending me and the honour of my profession.

What a low dignity and what a shame!
Edited by SartodiNapoli - 4/27/14 at 10:39am
post #3868 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by SartodiNapoli View Post

I have had a fraud as this having a horrible jacket not made for me but a standart size delivered, polyester lining instead of Cupro and a Winter overarmoured instead of a deconstructed Summer jacket that was my order. This kind of untrusty behaviour is very common on Naples done to foreigners as i was time ago.

Sadly for people as me who won't ever fool or lie around and i am surprised as i thought Mina was serious and even recommended her, that offends me a lot.

Just informing you all as is my moral duty, as sometimes they fool around and keep the money as it seems the case, and people defending paying the handmade over price for lesser machinemade products and offending me and the honour of my profession.

What a low dignity and what a shame!

post #3869 of 3926
offenders and owneds as the poster above should not be allowed on serious threads.

Reported to the moderators. Please ban
post #3870 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by SartodiNapoli View Post

offenders and owneds as the poster above should not be allowed on serious threads.

Reported to the moderators. Please ban

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura