Is there a prescribed solution that laymen can submit to them for improvement?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:42 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 239
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3572 of 402910/19/13 at 2:08pmThere is nothing inherently wrong with what they are doing. It improves the fit of the shoulder but it will render different results on different clients due to how the shoulder line is cut and where/how it sits on your shoulder. It is somewhat a signature look in the silhouette of their clothes but the results of the execution will vary. Any qualitative answer or change should come from them. I'm just trying to explain/clarify what it is.post #3573 of 402910/19/13 at 3:05pm
I apprecaite the quick responses by all and although it may appear so in the photos it is definitely NOT a stain on the vent areas but a stitching/bulkier fabric issue specific to my NSM jacket or perhaps more generally to half lined jackets, not sure.
Despos analysis of the vent situation seems more to the point as the bulkiness is definitely due to the folded fabric although I am not sure Mina and Dino are aware/want to use tape for the seams from their initial reaction.
As far as the shoulder line goes Despos analysis seems plausible again as the shoulder seam feels too far back. My shoulders are pushing through the front and there is excess gapping on the back side of the shoulder area.post #3574 of 402910/20/13 at 8:11pmpost #3575 of 402910/21/13 at 6:34amQuote:
They will do it. I'll try to post pics later
I really appreciate Despos' (or is it Despos's?) comments on this thread. It's great when someone who knows what they are talking about posts in this thread. None of my NSM items have the "swoosh" profile, now I know why.post #3576 of 402911/20/13 at 7:09ampost #3577 of 402911/20/13 at 5:25pmpost #3578 of 402911/20/13 at 5:38pmpost #3579 of 402911/21/13 at 2:08ampost #3580 of 402911/21/13 at 2:18amQuote:
I guess, but I have yet to find a white shoe/design that I like, and I don't think I'm man enough to wear Co-respondentspost #3581 of 402911/21/13 at 4:45ampost #3582 of 402911/21/13 at 6:07amQuote:
They are in trouble with the IRS I guess,I see no problem providing the infopost #3583 of 402911/21/13 at 6:25ampost #3584 of 402911/21/13 at 6:43ampost #3585 of 402911/21/13 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Butler
Cross post from The Apparel Arts Re-enactment Thread:
This is an old idea of mine, so get out you cameras and get going, gentlemen!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Rubinacci cashmere coat/yellow trousers by Steven 1Hitchcock, NSM DB ivory linen suit, Loob St James's Nubucks
Aw man that's very cool.
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 36 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 43 seconds ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › BNIB: Black G&G Oxford, GG06, UK8E 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...