or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 227

post #3391 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

I only have one suit, which is button fly (which I do not prefer). I've never got pents from them before other than that. I would have used ambrosi but it appears he's not coming back.

The NSM suit pants fit very well so I figure they will do a good job on some khakis and whipcords.

Yes my gray fresco wool pants also came out well in the 1st fitting. I'm thinking of giving them another. This can easily become a very expensive hobby.

Anyone had khakis or chinos done by them? Its difficult to get any RTW that don't look like crap after 5 wears.
post #3392 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Anyone raise the Foo's issues to them? I mentioned it and the conversation wasn't that interesting (a combination of: no idea what he is talking about; maybe we did something the customer asked for if we made a mistake, which is always possible, we would be glad to fix it; and why doesn't he come in and check to see how we make our shoulders if he is so sure and interested).

You mean if I asked them to fix something I cannot see but someone on the Internet said I should fix? It seems that Foo brought up 2 issues. First, is the shoulder contour, which on me follows the curves of my trapezius. Nothing I can do unless I change the shape of my trapezius or add padding to the shoulder to straighten the line. Second is the sleeve head. My coats with a camica shoulder look a little Sciamatish. I've been getting my more recent coats with regular shoulder instead.
post #3393 of 3926
You're so stupid for having a trapezius like that. Why do you even get bespoke suits with a trap like that? Who do you think you are!?!
post #3394 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I believe it is. It has been a while. I do remember the feel being wonderful. It will be ideal for Fall/Winter or a cool San Francisco day.

Awesome - I have a pair in the works too, from a diff tailor. Really beautiful fabric.
post #3395 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

You mean if I asked them to fix something I cannot see but someone on the Internet said I should fix? It seems that Foo brought up 2 issues. First, is the shoulder contour, which on me follows the curves of my trapezius. Nothing I can do unless I change the shape of my trapezius or add padding to the shoulder to straighten the line. Second is the sleeve head. My coats with a camica shoulder look a little Sciamatish. I've been getting my more recent coats with regular shoulder instead.
I assume that if you have had any particular issues with your clothing you would have raised them yourself; as I noted way upthread, NSM has always been very good about that. I was more curious if they had any opinion on the internet scrutiny and if they had studied the red lines and had a view of what that was all about. I know they were made aware of this thread and the discussion, as I mentioned above.
Incidentally, my second suit from them is a little sciammatt-ish, too, which I attribute it to being a very lightweight cloth (though I don't know why - perhaps because the whole thing is so light and flouncy). The cloth I just gave them is a heavyweight winter cloth and the amount of pleating/puff is something on which I will keep an eye.
post #3396 of 3926
How long have you had that second suit, dopey?
post #3397 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

How long have you had that second suit, dopey?
It is a summer suit - I know I had it for some of last summer but can't remember how long it was before that summer that I got it.
post #3398 of 3926
Interesting. The couple I had that started out a bit more poofy settled down within the first few wears.
post #3399 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Interesting. The couple I had that started out a bit more poofy settled down within the first few wears.
Yes. I expect that it might still settle down a bit. If it doesn't by the end of this season, I may just deal with it myself or bring it to them when they return in September.
post #3400 of 3926
What's this Sciatmatish characterization?

Shoulders and sleeve heads like on the garments below?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


post #3401 of 3926
Have you guys been asking for the camica shoulders? I've been asking for the non camica shoulders and there is no visible poof.
post #3402 of 3926
can someone remind me what hotel they are at?
post #3403 of 3926
Michaelangelo. Corner of 51st and 7th
post #3404 of 3926
tx
post #3405 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

What's this Sciatmatish characterization?

Shoulders and sleeve heads like on the garments below?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Yes, in kind, though not in degree. It is a shirt-sleeve shoulder with a very large sleevehead fed in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

Have you guys been asking for the camica shoulders? I've been asking for the non camica shoulders and there is no visible poof.
I haven't specified. I don't mind the differentiation and am perfectly happy to have my NSM look very different from things I get from other tailors. That is definitely a choice that brings with it some pitfalls, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura