or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 223

post #3331 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Travel schedule is here:

http://www.napolisumisura.com/news.php

It's strange to see Stockholm up there with these large cities, lil' ol' Stockholm is picking up attention worldwide.
post #3332 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Travel schedule is here:

http://www.napolisumisura.com/news.php

It's strange to see Stockholm up there with these large cities, lil' ol' Stockholm is picking up attention worldwide.

Really!

San Francisco 805.000
Boston 626.000
Stockholm 871.000
bigstar[1].gif
post #3333 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

Really!

San Francisco 805.000
Boston 626.000
Stockholm 871.000
bigstar[1].gif

I've always wondered how they settled on Stockholm as a location to visit but it's obviously working for them.

Ahem:
San Francisco Metro Area Population: 7.15 million
Boston Metro Area Population: 4.5 million
Stockholm Metro Area Population: 2.1 million
post #3334 of 3926
Right, because population numbers indicate interest in style.
post #3335 of 3926
Total population is only marginally relevant. More to the point is the suit-wearing population. By that measure, San Francisco is a small town.
post #3336 of 3926
Not suit wearing, but interest in style. The Nordic countries are known for having a sense of style. Makes sense.
post #3337 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Right, because population numbers indicate interest in style.

True, Vox in Boston may dwarf San Francisco and Stockholm combined
post #3338 of 3926
How do you get to 7 million for SF? Total for the communties touching the bay is more like 4 mil. For 7 you have to go way inland and also way north and south.
post #3339 of 3926
I was responding to KIK, pB. I agree with you.
post #3340 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

How do you get to 7 million for SF? Total for the counties touching the bay is more like 4 mil

That's the population for the "San Francisco Bay Area" on wikipedia. Honestly I didn't post those numbers to suggest anything other than as a response to Butler's numbers (which seemed misleadingly low to me). It's pretty obvious that population isn't the determining factor in the ability for bespoke operations to sell clothes.
post #3341 of 3926
OK, wiki just counts the counties, which means that you're going as far north as the mendocino line and as far sooth as gilroy, and well into the central valley in the east. Not really accurate to what people consider teh "bay area"

ANyway Sugar is right, the number of suits worn on any given day can be counted in the dozens, nearly all of them in downtown SF (where they are still a tiny minority) and all the rest are in courthouses.
post #3342 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

OK, wiki just counts the counties, which means that you're going as far north as the mendocino line and as far sooth as gilroy, and well into the central valley in the east. Not really accurate to what people consider teh "bay area"

ANyway Sugar is right, the number of suits worn on any given day can be counted in the dozens, nearly all of them in downtown SF (where they are still a tiny minority) and all the rest are in courthouses.

Well nowadays there are quite a few numbers of people commuting 1+ hour from Morgan Hill or Pleasanton to SF or Mountain View/Valley area to work.
post #3343 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King View Post

That's the population for the "San Francisco Bay Area" on wikipedia. Honestly I didn't post those numbers to suggest anything other than as a response to Butler's numbers (which seemed misleadingly low to me). It's pretty obvious that population isn't the determining factor in the ability for bespoke operations to sell clothes.

Begin :nerd:

Butler's numbers are most likely for the Cities Proper, and not counting the surrounding 'burbs and bedroom communities. Those will naturally and rightly be lower than the metro area populations.

End :nerd:

If population were more of a factor, then I'd hope that more people would visit Atlanta. I'd like to have a few more options than I have at the moment.
post #3344 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi View Post

Begin :nerd:
If population were more of a factor, then I'd hope that more people would visit Atlanta. I'd like to have a few more options than I have at the moment.

The breathlessly hyped Sid Mashburn isn't enough for you?

Y U NO LIKE TEH SPREZZES?
post #3345 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

OK, wiki just counts the counties, which means that you're going as far north as the mendocino line and as far sooth as gilroy, and well into the central valley in the east. Not really accurate to what people consider teh "bay area"

ANyway Sugar is right, the number of suits worn on any given day can be counted in the dozens, nearly all of them in downtown SF (where they are still a tiny minority) and all the rest are in courthouses.

SF-Oakland-Hayward metro statistical area is about 4.5M. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose-San_Francisco-Oakland,_CA_Combined_Statistical_Area

I was about to say the same thing about the concentration of suit wearing, though in addition to downtown SF and courthouses, I'd add other state and federal offices and some city offices, as well as some in downtown Oakland. It's almost comical how averse the Bay Area is to the suit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura