or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 218

post #3256 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

You shouldn't be able to clearly tell where wadding starts. But on very softly tailored jackets, common sense leads me to believe it will eventually create some bumpiness, specially after being worn for some time. As long as it's just slight bumps and not obvious marks that differentiate where wadding is and is not, I think it's fine...

I don't think this is true. My quarter-lined suits in 8/9 oz. fresco have zero padding--just that bit of wadding near the scye. No bumpiness at all. Part of the art of tailoring something soft and light is effectively dealing with these issues. That's why not everyone everywhere can do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I've never seen a Rubinacci in the wild. However, one day at Leffot I saw a guy wearing one. I asked if Rubi and boom, it was. I got like a million igent points instantly.

Yeah, cause there's that consistent look. The shoulder line on Mariano is the Rubinacci shoulder line.
post #3257 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post

Finally, you've come round to what other people were writing about a million pages ago!
Now you should really retract all references to "pagoda shoulders" and most importantly denounce the repulsive and childish epithet that you invented: "pa-fucked".

Are you trying to be an ass or an idiot? Both?

The cause is up in the air, not the effect. What makes the shoulders pa-fucked is how they appear, not the tailoring defect that makes them look that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Frank's neo-shoulder expression he's done for me: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
015f9b8d.jpg
63d3a33f.jpg
10ddcecd.jpg
d89ed12f.jpg
b9e16d4a.jpg
728b714d.jpg
d7fa0091.jpg
7cc5f65d.jpg

Much, much nicer.
post #3258 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post


I don't think this is true. My quarter-lined suits in 8/9 oz. fresco have zero padding--just that bit of wadding near the scye. No bumpiness at all. Part of the art of tailoring something soft and light is effectively dealing with these issues. That's why not everyone everywhere can do it.
 

 

You're probably right. I haven't owned unpadded jackets for long enough to see if it eventually happens (I have two of them, and there are no discernible bumps at the moment). My stuff is not of great quality anyways.

 

Slight bumps wouldn't bother me, but that's probably just me being less exigent.

post #3259 of 3926
FWIW, there is some wadding at the ends of my Frank's stuff as well. Very very thin. Like probably, maybe 1/8"
post #3260 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Are you trying to be an ass or an idiot? Both?

Insulting other people's intelligence is a sign of low intelligence, insecurity, or immaturity. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

The cause is up in the air, not the effect.

The cause is up in the air, apart from it's clear that the cause is not an overabundance of wadding. That's been proven abundantly. And until now, you were ignoring that and misleading people.
The pagoda misnomer is not just relevant to the effect, but the cause too, because a pagoda shoulder is the product of a hell of a lot of padding.teacha.gif
post #3261 of 3926
We should host a shoulder rubbing event in NYC or SF
post #3262 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Frank's neo-shoulder expression he's done for me:

Who is Frank?
post #3263 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay. View Post

We should host a shoulder rubbing event in NYC or SF

I thought pB said he was pretty much asexual?
post #3264 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post


Who is Frank?

 

Frank Ercole

post #3265 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I thought pB said he was pretty much asexual?

That was 100lbs ago.
post #3266 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post

The cause is up in the air, apart from it's clear that the cause is not an overabundance of wadding. That's been proven abundantly. And until now, you were ignoring that and misleading people.
The pagoda misnomer is not just relevant to the effect, but the cause too, because a pagoda shoulder is the product of a hell of a lot of padding.teacha.gif

You're truly clueless.
post #3267 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Are you trying to be an ass or an idiot? Both?

Here we go again...

Do not upset the infallible foo
post #3268 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Frank Ercole

Thanks. Those are nice looking jackets/shoulders on Booth. Do not care for the lumpy ones in this thread.

For those that go on about intrinsic aesthetics: A shoulder-line that follows a wide-radius convexity, then a tighter radius convexity (at the shoulder bump), and then reverts to a wider radius convexity at the extension, before dropping off... is unaesthetic.
post #3269 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Here we go again...

Do not upset the infallible foo

Am I supposed to be infinitlely patient with hostility?
post #3270 of 3926
I assume mariano has a f*cked up acromion. I sympathize.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura