Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 186post #2776 of 39613/6/13 at 12:30pmHere is a question. In my experience, NSM doesn't ship. You try it on there (NY visits) and if you like it, you take it, and if not they take it back and adjust it. On the few things where the sleeveheads had little uplift wings, what happened? Did no one notice? Did no one care? On the latter point, I can easily see someone liking the medtech shoulders. I know Foo doesn't and Jeffrey thinks it is poorly done, but the overall look is somewhat aggressive and, to be honest, less feminine looking than a "correct" pagoda shoulder. It would look weird to me - I never get anything like that and the trumpet shoulders are enough of a novelty- so I would certainly say something, but maybe others like it.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2777 of 39613/6/13 at 12:46pmpost #2778 of 39613/6/13 at 12:48pmpost #2779 of 39613/6/13 at 12:49pmQuote:Interesting - I can see the wadding an inch in from the sleevehead, just like I described on mine. My suit is Sportex, so it is not visible.
And yes - the shoulder looks fine.post #2780 of 39613/6/13 at 12:50pmpost #2781 of 39613/6/13 at 1:01pmThread StarterI'm with Mina and Dino next Friday/Saturday, and as I'm sufficiently curious about this shoulder issue will discuss with them and report back. I've noticed this aspect on a few of my jackets - primarily those of lighter weights - and while I caught the wonky shoulder line on that DB when posting the pic I have to say I've worn that suit 2-3 times since and never noticed it IRL. I actually forgot about it completely until going through the past 10 pages. It may very well have settled down or may still be there for all I know, but I'll hump it over to Naples as it could be an interesting case study. Could also be a total waste of time, so to be continued...
On a completely unrelated note, Mina delivered my first truly at-the-natural-waist pents in a light grey flannel. In retrospect, I only wish that all my suit trousers were at my natural waist... amazing what a difference 1-2cm can make (I'm only 3 years into bespoke, and not that much further with consistently wearing suits for that matter. Also, no experience with any other house for jackets). As far as I know, Mina does employ her own trouser-maker(s), and while I don't have any photographic or documented evidence of NSM employment, there have been numerous instances of on-the-spot tweaking at forwards and finals that I believe this to be the case. Not that I care one way or the other, as the fit and finish of the trousers are consistently outstanding (at least to me).
To pull the pin off another grenade, I'll put out there that her pents are superior in fit and finish to the 5-6 pairs I've had made up by Salvatore...post #2782 of 39613/6/13 at 1:08pmpost #2783 of 39613/6/13 at 1:08pm
After the "will I look like an old man / Steve Urkel?" fears are gone, high-waisted pants are wonderful, aren't they...
I'm assuming you actually mean above the bellybutton, which is where the natural waist is on most people.
Looking forward to Mina/Dino's comments on the shoulder issue...post #2784 of 39613/6/13 at 3:04pmpost #2785 of 39613/6/13 at 3:08pmpost #2786 of 39613/6/13 at 3:12pmpost #2787 of 39613/6/13 at 3:17pmpost #2788 of 39613/6/13 at 3:52pmpost #2789 of 39613/6/13 at 5:22pmQuote:Just tell them that a smaller pair doesn't cover all it should. That's why you have the pleats, also.Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
I wear them at my natural waist, and every time I unbutton my coat, I wait for friends to gawk (yes, they do) about why I have my trousers pulled up so high. Sighs. High-waisted trousers are not a lady-magnet. That much is certain. Well, you can't have your cake and eat it.post #2790 of 39613/6/13 at 6:31pm
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 1 minute ago
- › Tie Loafers and Jay Butler Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 9 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 12 minutes ago
- › Double Monk Burgundy help 15 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 15 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...