Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:56 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 186post #2776 of 40003/6/13 at 12:30pmHere is a question. In my experience, NSM doesn't ship. You try it on there (NY visits) and if you like it, you take it, and if not they take it back and adjust it. On the few things where the sleeveheads had little uplift wings, what happened? Did no one notice? Did no one care? On the latter point, I can easily see someone liking the medtech shoulders. I know Foo doesn't and Jeffrey thinks it is poorly done, but the overall look is somewhat aggressive and, to be honest, less feminine looking than a "correct" pagoda shoulder. It would look weird to me - I never get anything like that and the trumpet shoulders are enough of a novelty- so I would certainly say something, but maybe others like it.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2777 of 40003/6/13 at 12:46pmpost #2778 of 40003/6/13 at 12:48pmpost #2779 of 40003/6/13 at 12:49pmQuote:Interesting - I can see the wadding an inch in from the sleevehead, just like I described on mine. My suit is Sportex, so it is not visible.
And yes - the shoulder looks fine.post #2780 of 40003/6/13 at 12:50pmpost #2781 of 40003/6/13 at 1:01pmThread StarterI'm with Mina and Dino next Friday/Saturday, and as I'm sufficiently curious about this shoulder issue will discuss with them and report back. I've noticed this aspect on a few of my jackets - primarily those of lighter weights - and while I caught the wonky shoulder line on that DB when posting the pic I have to say I've worn that suit 2-3 times since and never noticed it IRL. I actually forgot about it completely until going through the past 10 pages. It may very well have settled down or may still be there for all I know, but I'll hump it over to Naples as it could be an interesting case study. Could also be a total waste of time, so to be continued...
On a completely unrelated note, Mina delivered my first truly at-the-natural-waist pents in a light grey flannel. In retrospect, I only wish that all my suit trousers were at my natural waist... amazing what a difference 1-2cm can make (I'm only 3 years into bespoke, and not that much further with consistently wearing suits for that matter. Also, no experience with any other house for jackets). As far as I know, Mina does employ her own trouser-maker(s), and while I don't have any photographic or documented evidence of NSM employment, there have been numerous instances of on-the-spot tweaking at forwards and finals that I believe this to be the case. Not that I care one way or the other, as the fit and finish of the trousers are consistently outstanding (at least to me).
To pull the pin off another grenade, I'll put out there that her pents are superior in fit and finish to the 5-6 pairs I've had made up by Salvatore...post #2782 of 40003/6/13 at 1:08pmpost #2783 of 40003/6/13 at 1:08pm
After the "will I look like an old man / Steve Urkel?" fears are gone, high-waisted pants are wonderful, aren't they...
I'm assuming you actually mean above the bellybutton, which is where the natural waist is on most people.
Looking forward to Mina/Dino's comments on the shoulder issue...post #2784 of 40003/6/13 at 3:04pmpost #2785 of 40003/6/13 at 3:08pmpost #2786 of 40003/6/13 at 3:12pmpost #2787 of 40003/6/13 at 3:17pmpost #2788 of 40003/6/13 at 3:52pmpost #2789 of 40003/6/13 at 5:22pmQuote:Just tell them that a smaller pair doesn't cover all it should. That's why you have the pleats, also.Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy
I wear them at my natural waist, and every time I unbutton my coat, I wait for friends to gawk (yes, they do) about why I have my trousers pulled up so high. Sighs. High-waisted trousers are not a lady-magnet. That much is certain. Well, you can't have your cake and eat it.post #2790 of 40003/6/13 at 6:31pm
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 44 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Identify this Bomber Jacket Ryan Gosling is wearing? 1 minute ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › ((SIFRESIZ LIG TV IZLE)) Kasımpasa Besiktas macini canli izle HD... 3 minutes ago
- › Whey protein 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan