Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 166
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2477 of 40023/4/13 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Concordia
That is very easily fixed by the client, should he be tasteful enough to express the need. Which is not necessarily as fun as walking into A&S, Huntsman, or Rubinacci and having a pretty good idea of what they'll make you wear. But there is still some room to maneuver with NsM, and the lower price may justify some of the effort.
I ask this both generally and in relation to NSM. I would never feel confident asking a tailor to execute in a style of my choosing. And honestly, I have yet to see third party evidence that I am wrong in that. The best stuff I've seen from any given tailor is in the style you'd expect of them. Divergences tend to be . . . not so good.
Yes, I know, many tailors claim they can do whatever suits your taste. But I don't believe them.post #2478 of 40023/4/13 at 6:28pmQuote:
I haven't seen either of those things (and I'm not sure how those statements jibe with your earlier statement about inconsistency). But I don't use them for suits. Trousers, shirts and an occasional odd jacket.post #2479 of 40023/4/13 at 6:28pmYou can't bargain for a huge difference in style, but if you want a bit more length in the jacket and a not-too-skin-tight chest, Mina is very anxious to please. Obviously, you're never going to get a good copy of J. Press-- she's selling Neapolitan tailoring and won't go that far out of the comfort zone. But apparently, she did choose her particular workmen in part because they could remember and execute (and care about) requests from foreigners that might not be completely standard Neapolitan teenager stuff.post #2480 of 40023/4/13 at 6:34pmpost #2481 of 40023/4/13 at 6:50pmpost #2482 of 40023/4/13 at 6:50pmpost #2483 of 40023/4/13 at 6:51pmpost #2484 of 40023/4/13 at 6:52pmpost #2485 of 40023/4/13 at 6:56pmpost #2486 of 40023/4/13 at 6:59pmpost #2487 of 40023/4/13 at 7:21pmpost #2488 of 40023/4/13 at 7:23pmWho could not be frustrated with the process??
But I am happy with the end product, I have 8 and I love them all. The DB was a little funky at first but he fixed it. As for the others, the trouble I have had were short left sleeves (always the left and only on some coats) but all of those have also been rectified.post #2489 of 40023/4/13 at 7:35pm
I noticed in a recent interview you cited Solito as your 'go-to' tailor for the foreseeable future. Curious how you intend to place future orders - are you also transitioning to a no-fittings model like whnay / Foo?
Foo: my coats from Mina are quite a bit more relaxed than her default model. She's relatively flexible.post #2490 of 40023/4/13 at 7:40pmMatt, I'm unclear what you dislike about the shoulder line. It has a sloped and swooping effect, vaguely pagoda like, though not really. Chris Despos has pointed out that the shoulder line can sometimes be a bit bumpy. That I see, both on examples posted here and on my own jacket. I'm not a tailoring expert, so I can't say what might be the cause for that. I agree the line would be better without it. But what is it about the NSM shoulder line you dislike, if not that?
Mina's default, from my experience, is something a bit leaner and shorter than what I and some other members here would prefer, but she accommodates and is flexible within reason. I actually appreciate her push back on things, but she's taken things back and adjusted them for me to the way I like them. I think it's a nice balance of providing a service, but also being accommodating to clients' preferences.
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Levi's LVC 1947 501 and LVC 1967 505 Waist 32 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan