Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 166
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2477 of 39613/4/13 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Concordia
That is very easily fixed by the client, should he be tasteful enough to express the need. Which is not necessarily as fun as walking into A&S, Huntsman, or Rubinacci and having a pretty good idea of what they'll make you wear. But there is still some room to maneuver with NsM, and the lower price may justify some of the effort.
I ask this both generally and in relation to NSM. I would never feel confident asking a tailor to execute in a style of my choosing. And honestly, I have yet to see third party evidence that I am wrong in that. The best stuff I've seen from any given tailor is in the style you'd expect of them. Divergences tend to be . . . not so good.
Yes, I know, many tailors claim they can do whatever suits your taste. But I don't believe them.post #2478 of 39613/4/13 at 6:28pmQuote:
I haven't seen either of those things (and I'm not sure how those statements jibe with your earlier statement about inconsistency). But I don't use them for suits. Trousers, shirts and an occasional odd jacket.post #2479 of 39613/4/13 at 6:28pmYou can't bargain for a huge difference in style, but if you want a bit more length in the jacket and a not-too-skin-tight chest, Mina is very anxious to please. Obviously, you're never going to get a good copy of J. Press-- she's selling Neapolitan tailoring and won't go that far out of the comfort zone. But apparently, she did choose her particular workmen in part because they could remember and execute (and care about) requests from foreigners that might not be completely standard Neapolitan teenager stuff.post #2480 of 39613/4/13 at 6:34pmpost #2481 of 39613/4/13 at 6:50pmpost #2482 of 39613/4/13 at 6:50pmpost #2483 of 39613/4/13 at 6:51pmpost #2484 of 39613/4/13 at 6:52pmpost #2485 of 39613/4/13 at 6:56pmpost #2486 of 39613/4/13 at 6:59pmpost #2487 of 39613/4/13 at 7:21pmpost #2488 of 39613/4/13 at 7:23pmWho could not be frustrated with the process??
But I am happy with the end product, I have 8 and I love them all. The DB was a little funky at first but he fixed it. As for the others, the trouble I have had were short left sleeves (always the left and only on some coats) but all of those have also been rectified.post #2489 of 39613/4/13 at 7:35pm
I noticed in a recent interview you cited Solito as your 'go-to' tailor for the foreseeable future. Curious how you intend to place future orders - are you also transitioning to a no-fittings model like whnay / Foo?
Foo: my coats from Mina are quite a bit more relaxed than her default model. She's relatively flexible.post #2490 of 39613/4/13 at 7:40pmMatt, I'm unclear what you dislike about the shoulder line. It has a sloped and swooping effect, vaguely pagoda like, though not really. Chris Despos has pointed out that the shoulder line can sometimes be a bit bumpy. That I see, both on examples posted here and on my own jacket. I'm not a tailoring expert, so I can't say what might be the cause for that. I agree the line would be better without it. But what is it about the NSM shoulder line you dislike, if not that?
Mina's default, from my experience, is something a bit leaner and shorter than what I and some other members here would prefer, but she accommodates and is flexible within reason. I actually appreciate her push back on things, but she's taken things back and adjusted them for me to the way I like them. I think it's a nice balance of providing a service, but also being accommodating to clients' preferences.
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Recent Purchases 37 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Sports Nutrition Supplements Are Effective And Useful 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...