I guess this is a good reminder that just because it's bespoke doesn't mean it's going to work
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 159post #2371 of 39282/21/13 at 4:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2372 of 39282/21/13 at 6:13ampost #2373 of 39282/21/13 at 6:43amThis thread now:
It doesn't look great in these photos. But take it up with Mina, unless she has refused to alter it further, which I doubt. Tell her the things you don't like and get her to fix it. If in the end you're unhappy with it see what you can work out. Trying to get instructions for alterations from a bunch of iTailors isn't really going to help you or her.post #2374 of 39282/21/13 at 6:44ampost #2375 of 39282/21/13 at 7:33ampost #2376 of 39282/21/13 at 7:37ampost #2377 of 39282/21/13 at 9:58amQuote:
They don't value him as a customer? Who are you to make a statement like that? You have no idea what happened. God, there are some obnoxious pricks on this forum.post #2378 of 39282/21/13 at 10:09amObviously the suit looks awful but I think you owe it to them to share the reasons you are not satisfied and let them fix it to the extent they believe they can. I think it is only fair to Mina to do so before cutting bait and demanding a refund. You can let her know if it isn't fixed that you may request a refund.post #2379 of 39282/21/13 at 10:17amI am confused - according to the OP in question, you are about to have your third fitting.Quote:Does that mean the photos are from the fitting and the suit isn't finished yet? If that is so, then what is the big deal - I assume the problems were noted and will be adjusted in time for your next fitting. If not, i.e., if this was a delivered garment, then I agree with everyone else that it is a mess.I will soon have my third fitting. Im not entirely happy with the fit. Obviously the sleeves are way too short. Also not really happy with the flow in the midsection. Same goes for the thigh area, or the shelf in the back. The trousers are a bit too wide over the waist, which means that they fall down all the time so that there is too much break.
Would really appreciate your views and comments on other changes I should request. Thanks.post #2380 of 39282/21/13 at 10:24am
I doubt that is a finished garment. Seriously, not even a mediocre tailor would let you walk away with it - much less NSM. The biggest issues I see with the jacket are a long back balance, too much waist suppression and way too short sleeves. If the sleeves are still unfinished (i.e. the buttonholes are not cut) they should be fixable. Shortening the back and letting out the waist should still be possible. It's certainly quite messy for a third fitting, though. Talk with them.
Edited by RDiaz - 2/21/13 at 10:35ampost #2381 of 39282/21/13 at 10:48amIf it's a third fitting, hopefully she tidies it up. We don't know what went on behind the scenes, and until the OP clarifies, and answers the questions, well, we won't know. I do think Mina should have been left to her job, and if her track record is any gauge, I doubt she'll let the coat be.
But, based on how everything is finished (button-holes) etc, even the back (where the waist is pinched) -- it's not pinned-up --,I think this was meant to be the finished product that turned into a third fitting. That's my guess.
Edited by bboysdontcryy - 2/21/13 at 1:03pmpost #2382 of 39282/21/13 at 10:52amQuote:post #2383 of 39282/21/13 at 10:57ampost #2384 of 39282/21/13 at 11:12amThread Starterpost #2385 of 39282/21/13 at 11:14am
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 32 seconds ago
- › Bourbon. 1 minute ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29th AUGUST: THE 'ALL BLUES' CHALLENGE 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)