I guess this is a good reminder that just because it's bespoke doesn't mean it's going to work
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:27 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 159post #2371 of 40662/21/13 at 4:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2372 of 40662/21/13 at 6:13ampost #2373 of 40662/21/13 at 6:43amThis thread now:
It doesn't look great in these photos. But take it up with Mina, unless she has refused to alter it further, which I doubt. Tell her the things you don't like and get her to fix it. If in the end you're unhappy with it see what you can work out. Trying to get instructions for alterations from a bunch of iTailors isn't really going to help you or her.post #2374 of 40662/21/13 at 6:44ampost #2375 of 40662/21/13 at 7:33ampost #2376 of 40662/21/13 at 7:37ampost #2377 of 40662/21/13 at 9:58amQuote:
They don't value him as a customer? Who are you to make a statement like that? You have no idea what happened. God, there are some obnoxious pricks on this forum.post #2378 of 40662/21/13 at 10:09amObviously the suit looks awful but I think you owe it to them to share the reasons you are not satisfied and let them fix it to the extent they believe they can. I think it is only fair to Mina to do so before cutting bait and demanding a refund. You can let her know if it isn't fixed that you may request a refund.post #2379 of 40662/21/13 at 10:17amI am confused - according to the OP in question, you are about to have your third fitting.Quote:Does that mean the photos are from the fitting and the suit isn't finished yet? If that is so, then what is the big deal - I assume the problems were noted and will be adjusted in time for your next fitting. If not, i.e., if this was a delivered garment, then I agree with everyone else that it is a mess.I will soon have my third fitting. Im not entirely happy with the fit. Obviously the sleeves are way too short. Also not really happy with the flow in the midsection. Same goes for the thigh area, or the shelf in the back. The trousers are a bit too wide over the waist, which means that they fall down all the time so that there is too much break.
Would really appreciate your views and comments on other changes I should request. Thanks.post #2380 of 40662/21/13 at 10:24am
I doubt that is a finished garment. Seriously, not even a mediocre tailor would let you walk away with it - much less NSM. The biggest issues I see with the jacket are a long back balance, too much waist suppression and way too short sleeves. If the sleeves are still unfinished (i.e. the buttonholes are not cut) they should be fixable. Shortening the back and letting out the waist should still be possible. It's certainly quite messy for a third fitting, though. Talk with them.
Edited by RDiaz - 2/21/13 at 10:35ampost #2381 of 40662/21/13 at 10:48amIf it's a third fitting, hopefully she tidies it up. We don't know what went on behind the scenes, and until the OP clarifies, and answers the questions, well, we won't know. I do think Mina should have been left to her job, and if her track record is any gauge, I doubt she'll let the coat be.
But, based on how everything is finished (button-holes) etc, even the back (where the waist is pinched) -- it's not pinned-up --,I think this was meant to be the finished product that turned into a third fitting. That's my guess.
Edited by bboysdontcryy - 2/21/13 at 1:03pmpost #2382 of 40662/21/13 at 10:52amQuote:post #2383 of 40662/21/13 at 10:57ampost #2384 of 40662/21/13 at 11:12amThread Starterpost #2385 of 40662/21/13 at 11:14am
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 14 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green UK9/US9.5F Dark Oak 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 18 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 26 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 29 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?