Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 152post #2266 of 39331/13/13 at 11:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2267 of 39331/13/13 at 11:32amQuote:
this is on all NSM jackets, take a closer look. You only have to back as far as Med tech's DB, same shoulder.Quote:
If I used only one line of cloth I would use Holland & Sherry. Especially their Super's, best in the market.post #2268 of 39331/13/13 at 12:01pmpost #2269 of 39331/13/13 at 12:24pmQuote:
Thanks, Cantabrigian. I have fairly large traps - at the fitting of my very first coat from NSM, Mina asked if I'd like some padding inserted to even out the shoulders. I suggested that she stick with the classic Neapolitan style she favors, and not make any modifications on my behalf.
The waviness doesn't bother me, as the vast majority of my stuff from NSM is tweed or linen sportcoats, which are more casual by nature. Perhaps I would rethink the shoulders for worsted business suits.post #2270 of 39331/13/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
I'm not sure if Chris would agree, but I think while H&S is not the best at what they do, they are quite good and boast the most comprehensive selection of cloth. Other highly regarded cloth merchants are often only good in certain niches (Lesser / Smith - midweight worsteds, Minnis - lightweights / frescos, Harrisons - flannels, W. Bill - sportcoatings etc.)post #2271 of 39331/13/13 at 12:41pmQuote:
Hm, this seems to be a fairly recent development, no? I don't think we saw that on any previously posted photos before MedTech's DB.
I have noticed however, that NSM's shoulders seem increasingly softer. Earlier examples had a concave, almost pagoda-like construction, whereas recent pictures show a more natural look.
Chris, do you know what's the cause of the wavy shoulder line?post #2272 of 39331/13/13 at 12:48pmQuote:
Now that you mention it, I do see it on Medtech's. I'll have to look at my first coat from her when it comes back.Quote:If I used only one line of cloth I would use Holland & Sherry. Especially their Super's, best in the market.
Kinda surprised to hear that.
I only have two suits from H&S - a Crispaire that I love and a worsted from the Perennial collection I believe. The latter is a navy twill. I picked it because that tailor didn't have many options. It wears fine but the color is somewhat lifeless.
Which H&S book / books are your favorite for suitings?post #2273 of 39331/13/13 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
I'm not sure if Chris would agree, but I think while H&S is not the best at what they do, they are quite good and boast the most comprehensive selection of cloth. Other highly regarded cloth merchants are often only good in certain niches (Lesser / Smith - midweight worsteds, Minnis - lightweights / frescos, Harrisons - flannels, W. Bill - sportcoatings etc.)
I'm a big fan of Harrison's heavier worsteds. I'd probably (slightly) prefer the Lesser* stuff but the colors and hand are great.
* the independent Lesser stuff - haven't seen new books post acquisitionpost #2274 of 39331/13/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
Two different SR tailors complained recently that the new owners are cross-pollinating the Harrison's and Lesser offerings (i.e. slotting in the stock Harrison's cloth into Lesser books and upcharging accordingly). I haven't examined the new Lesser books in awhile, but this would be disappointing if true.post #2275 of 39331/13/13 at 2:03pmSR tailors do tend to push H & S cloth, however. I remember the first few times I asked for cloth suggestions, they almost always reached for the H & S books, and I had to ask for the Lessers, Smiths and Harrisons stuff which I prefer.
It's also true that H & S has a very comprehensive selection which might appeal to tailors, though the ones (out of the two) I have tend to be lifeless (for instance, Sloane Square -- their recent release -- which was also expensive (85 pounds/M + VAT). I'd be interested to know which cloth Chris favors however.post #2276 of 39331/13/13 at 3:02pmpost #2277 of 39331/13/13 at 4:26pmpost #2278 of 39331/13/13 at 4:39pmpost #2279 of 39331/13/13 at 4:50pmQuote:
Always been. It's more prominent on sloping shoulders. Have noticed this since she first appeared. Reminds me of the shape of the Nike swish logo.Quote:Chris, do you know what's the cause of the wavy shoulder line?
Yes, I do
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 seconds ago
- › [>USA<] Watch NFL Washington Redskins vs Philadelphia Eagles Live... 7 seconds ago
- › [>USA<] Watch NFL Houston Texans vs New York Giants Live Streaming... 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 20 seconds ago
- › [>USA<] Watch NFL Minnesota Vikings vs New Orleans Saints Live... 35 seconds ago
- › [>USA<] Watch NFL Oakland Raiders vs New England Patriots Live... 45 seconds ago
- › [>USA<] Watch NFL Indianapolis Colts vs Jacksonville Jaguars Live... 56 seconds ago
- › [>USA<] Watch NFL Green Bay Packers vs Detroit Lions Live Streaming... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › [>USA<] Watch NFL Baltimore Ravens vs Cleveland Browns Live... 1 minute ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)