or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 147

post #2191 of 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

You mean this one?
I will probably just get jetted pockets on mine. I may end up going for flaps, but I'd be keeping them tucked 99% of the time if so.

Re: the LL brown linen, I changed my mind. I had my first fitting for a DB fresco suit and really, really liked the way it looked (it's my first DB), so will probably go that route with the linen too at a later date, once any kinks are ironed out.
post #2192 of 3947
Really nice coat, PSG. Looks good with denim, too.
post #2193 of 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Before heading out into the cool fall air yesterday I asked my wife to snap a pic. Those of you familiar with Mina's work will see that this jacket is a bit more relaxed in the shoulder and a bit longer in length than the usual house cut. Those were specific requests by me due to the heavy weight of the fabric and my desire to have a more vintage fit combined with their modern details.
......
i am a bit puzzled
what do you mean
by 'vintage fit'..
'vintage' compared to?
post #2194 of 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

i am a bit puzzled
what do you mean
by 'vintage fit'..
'vintage' compared to?

Just scroll up to post 2175 and it describes what I mean....a some what 1940's fit.
post #2195 of 3947
When you referenced the forestiere I was expecting something fairly different.

It looks good but looks like a good sportscoat.
post #2196 of 3947
....
post #2197 of 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Just scroll up to post 2175 and it describes what I mean....a some what 1940's fit.
i saw that post
but do not see
any corrolation
since many tailors
a cut similar to yours

look at past photos
of matt or rss
neither are 'vintage'






stupid lag....
post #2198 of 3947
lol look what you've done!
post #2199 of 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

When you referenced the forestiere I was expecting something fairly different.
It looks good but looks like a good sportscoat.

The forestiere inspiration was not the shape but the large scale herringbone fabric and the fact that it is the weight of forestiere outerwear. This is much heavier fabric than a typical NSM sportcoat.
post #2200 of 3947
Sator wears stuff like that as a 3pc double breasted in the summer. Keep up.
post #2201 of 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

i saw that post
but do not see
any corrolation
since many tailors
a cut similar to yours
.

That may be, but had I left NSM to their typical cut, it would have been considerably shorter and much narrower in the shoulder. I don't think you can look at the photo of David Niven's vintage jacket (above) and say that someone would get that from NSM without quite a conversation. smile.gif
post #2202 of 3947
^
that is why i was
puzzled
at the 'vintage' comment
it may be 'vintage'
vis a vis nsms' norm

you could have tried
one of the tailors
mina used to rep
in the states
a long time before
she was nsm
his cut is classic
traditonal neapolitan
similar to what you
are seeking
post #2203 of 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

^
that is why i was
puzzled
at the 'vintage' comment
it may be 'vintage'
vis a vis nsms' norm
you could have tried
one of the tailors
mina used to rep
in the states
a long time before
she was nsm
his cut is classic
traditonal neapolitan
similar to what you
are seeking
Do you mind sharing the name? Was that Volpe?
post #2204 of 3947
Yes, it was Volpe for a while, at least for the first 3-4 trips.
post #2205 of 3947
I like that jacket, PSG. I asked Dino and Mina to give me a slightly longer jacket and wider shoulders as well. I'm looking forward to see what they come up with.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura