or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 143

post #2131 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Curious, does anyone have first hand experience with Mina's house style shirts, as well as other Italian tailors, such as Siviglia, Matuozzo, Satriano Cingque, etc? Can anyone give comparisons?

Think that Bill and Medtech have had shirts made up. They posted fit pics around 20ish to 30ish.

Am having shirts made up by them now. They say they like a clean shirt with soft collars and cuffs with the 'waterfall' sleeves. They make a test shirt that you try on and once the fit is nailed down, they work on the actual fabric. It'd be more economical, I think, to visit shirt makers directly in Naples.

But yes, if anybody can shed more light on their shirt making program and how they compare with Satriano, it'd be appreciated.
post #2132 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by medtech_expat View Post

Just received a few random pics from the last-minute photoshoot... these won't be used on the NSM website, and I haven't seen the better pics as of yet.



Very nice jacket fit. Looking forward to mine.
post #2133 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Curious, does anyone have first hand experience with Mina's house style shirts, as well as other Italian tailors, such as Siviglia, Matuozzo, Satriano Cingque, etc? Can anyone give comparisons?

I've had 6 shirts made by NSM and have been very pleased with each of them. So much so that I'm having several more made. The quality of the work is very good, but not excellent, similar to post 2010 Borrelli. Both have similar amounts of handwork with hand attached sleeves and handstitched shoulders, but machine stitched and attached collars. Of course the fit is much better with NSM than Borrelli.

The only other bespoke shirts I can compare NSM to are the ones I have from Dege and Skinner. Of course the two styles are completely different - I use NSM for my casual shirts and Dege and Skinner for more work appropriate shirts, but I would say my NSM shirts are made better and certainly are more comfortable.

Hope that helps.
post #2134 of 3961
I have had several shirts made by her. The workmanship is excellent. Getting a good fit was hard, and took multiple attempts, with th ebest results coming after copying another maker's shirt. After all that, I can order happily now.
post #2135 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I have had several shirts made by her. The workmanship is excellent. Getting a good fit was hard, and took multiple attempts, with th ebest results coming after copying another maker's shirt. After all that, I can order happily now.

Who was that other maker? peepwall[1].gif
post #2136 of 3961
Dege
post #2137 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post


I've had 6 shirts made by NSM and have been very pleased with each of them. So much so that I'm having several more made. The quality of the work is very good, but not excellent, similar to post 2010 Borrelli. Both have similar amounts of handwork with hand attached sleeves and handstitched shoulders, but machine stitched and attached collars. Of course the fit is much better with NSM than Borrelli.
The only other bespoke shirts I can compare NSM to are the ones I have from Dege and Skinner. Of course the two styles are completely different - I use NSM for my casual shirts and Dege and Skinner for more work appropriate shirts, but I would say my NSM shirts are made better and certainly are more comfortable.
Hope that helps.

Whose work do you consider excellent and how much better than NSM's(not Dege and Skinner from what I gather in your post)?

post #2138 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit50 View Post

Whose work do you consider excellent and how much better than NSM's(not Dege and Skinner from what I gather in your post)?

I consider the bespoke Matuozzo and Kabbaz shirts I've seen (but not owned) excellent and better than NSM. Also, some of the OTR Fray and Kiton shirts I own are better finished and use higher quality fabric than the best fabric that NSM offers.

Don't get me wrong, I really like my NSM shirts and will continue to purchase them. However, for me the real appeal of NSM is that they visit the city I live in frequently, and the ratio of quality/ price is really great.
post #2139 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I have had several shirts made by her. The workmanship is excellent. Getting a good fit was hard, and took multiple attempts, with th ebest results coming after copying another maker's shirt. After all that, I can order happily now.

That doesn't bode well for prospective (shirt) customers. Are you hard to fit? or did she just fail to pin it down.
post #2140 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I have had several shirts made by her. The workmanship is excellent. Getting a good fit was hard, and took multiple attempts, with th ebest results coming after copying another maker's shirt. After all that, I can order happily now.

That doesn't bode well for prospective (shirt) customers. Are you hard to fit? or did she just fail to pin it down.

After sample shirt, a fitting and one adjustment great fit

bigstar[1].gif

dsc012532.jpg

dsc012561.jpg
post #2141 of 3961
Their website is lacking a price list - what's the current damage for NSM's shirts?
post #2142 of 3961
Thanks, everyone. If anyone else can chime in, particularly with comparisons to other Neapolitan makers, that would be appreciated.

As for cost, VRaivio, you should probably check directly with NSM, as much depends on what you're looking for.
post #2143 of 3961
It's in the region of bespeaking a shirt in London at Turnbull & Asser, Sean O Flynn, Dege and the like.
Edited by bboysdontcryy - 11/12/12 at 4:11am
post #2144 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post

That doesn't bode well for prospective (shirt) customers. Are you hard to fit? or did she just fail to pin it down.
I really don't think so. It felt like bad luck more than anything else. She knows what she is doing and made every effort to get it right. At some point, it just seemed easier for me to give her another shirt and say "look at this and see if you can figure out why this works", which she did. I would say that my experience with her told me she has the desire to do things right more than anything else.
post #2145 of 3961
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I really don't think so. It felt like bad luck more than anything else. She knows what she is doing and made every effort to get it right. At some point, it just seemed easier for me to give her another shirt and say "look at this and see if you can figure out why this works", which she did. I would say that my experience with her told me she has the desire to do things right more than anything else.

So what was the main issue? I'm guessing it has to do with sleeves and armholes since they're hardest to get right.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura