or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 142

post #2116 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit50 View Post

You want to drop a few thousand euro on a suit but are worried about which date is 23 vs say, 50 or 100 quid for a flight?
Well played, mate.

puzzled.gif

You know it's not a good comparison. Here's why -- 1600 euros might be cheap for a suit if the benchmark for most suits of a similar quality is 3000 euros. In this case, I'm not overpaying.

However, even if 1600 euros is expensive for a suit, it isn't a logical inference that just because I'm willing to pay 1600 euros for a suit, that I have to necessarily be willing to overpay for a plane ticket.

It's like saying that just because I'm going to town to dine at a restaurant where the food costs 150 pounds, that I shouldn't mind paying 50 quid to take a black cab there when I can grab the tube for 3 quids.

And, on a side note, I never said that I was worried about which date I traveled, rather, it was something you inferred from my statement. Truth is, if push comes to shove, I'd in all likelihood pay a hundred quid.
Edited by bboysdontcryy - 11/4/12 at 1:13pm
post #2117 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysdontcryy View Post


You know it's not a good comparison. Here's why -- 1600 euros might be cheap for a suit if the benchmark for most suits of a similar quality is 3000 euros. In this case, I'm not overpaying.
However, even if 1600 euros is expensive for a suit, it isn't a logical inference that just because I'm willing to pay 1600 euros for a suit, that I have to necessarily be willing to overpay for a plane ticket.
It's like saying that just because I'm going to town to dine at a restaurant where the food costs 150 pounds, that I shouldn't mind paying 50 quid to take a black cab there when I can grab the tube for 3 quids.
And, on a side note, I never said that I was worried about which date I traveled, rather, it was something you inferred from my statement. Truth is, if push comes to shove, I'd in all likelihood pay a hundred quid.

Listen, nobody is bigger on value and goes through more flaming hoops to not pay 8 pence if I can pay 6.

And, yes, nobody is more about the concept that widget A can be 'worth' paying the 100k retail, usual price for while widget B is not worth paying its price of 10 or even at a discount of 5.

 

So, I was not inferring that you will overpay for a plane ticket, ie. the ticket is 23 vs second choice of , say, 300.

There are plenty of tickets that are 50 or less, though, and since you seemed serious enough about it, well, you would be a plain dope to worry about 2 dozen quid if that is what it takes to get your 2k euro suit which, in theory, is getting you excess value over the other 2k euro suit you could purchase and that amount must be more than 1%.

 

In short, you didn't seem to write it tongue in cheek(there was no witty bit attached) and since I have seen enough completely irrational, logical statements around all parts, I had to ask.

post #2118 of 3926
What the fuck are you two assholes talking about? Don't trash the thread and take your banter to pm, for fucks sake.
post #2119 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit50 View Post

Listen, nobody is bigger on value and goes through more flaming hoops to not pay 8 pence if I can pay 6.
And, yes, nobody is more about the concept that widget A can be 'worth' paying the 100k retail, usual price for while widget B is not worth paying its price of 10 or even at a discount of 5.

So, I was not inferring that you will overpay for a plane ticket, ie. the ticket is 23 vs second choice of , say, 300.
There are plenty of tickets that are 50 or less, though, and since you seemed serious enough about it, well, you would be a plain dope to worry about 2 dozen quid if that is what it takes to get your 2k euro suit which, in theory, is getting you excess value over the other 2k euro suit you could purchase and that amount must be more than 1%.

In short, you didn't seem to write it tongue in cheek(there was no witty bit attached) and since I have seen enough completely irrational, logical statements around all parts, I had to ask.

I still don't see your logic, or your point. You said 'well played mate' as if wanting to pay less instead of more for a plane ticket (even if the difference in cost represents 2 percent of the cost of a suit), is bewildering.

As I pointed out, it's a non sequitur that just because I'm willing to pay 1600 euros for a suit, I should opt to pay triple the cost of a plane ticket when it can be had for less. So what if the difference represents 2% of the total value of the suit? That's irrelevant.

And, honestly, I don't understand what you're writing when you say 'In short, you didn't seem to write it tongue in cheek(there was no witty bit attached) and since I have seen enough completely irrational, logical statements around all parts, I had to ask.'

That whole chunk doesn't in the least make sense at all. 'Completely irrational and logical statements around all parts?' -- that phrase pretty much embodies itself.

And I think that the emoticon I included biggrin.gif hints that I made that statement about the tickets in jest. I'm downright surprised you read so deep into what I was saying and missed the forest for the trees.
post #2120 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post

I sought them out after Vox sang Mina's praises ... I figured if he was satisfied, I would be ....

Actually, Vox is satisfied with all the makers he tried. Maybe he is just lucky... or not so picky. Or both. smile.gif

Andrey
post #2121 of 3926
Wow, can a mod delete this crap?
post #2122 of 3926
Wow - sorry for mentioning discount airlines.

I ordered an indigo / black pick and pick from Harrisons.

Somewhat surprisingly, they didn't bat an eyelash when I asked for a full lining. I'll probably head down there for a fitting in Jan.
post #2123 of 3926

post #2124 of 3926
First fitting
Opinions? (Obviously the pants will be shortened).



post #2125 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post

First fitting
Opinions? (Obviously the pants will be shortened).

A bit dark(and/or maybe I am too lazy to tilt my screen) and not seeing too closely but looks quite good.

post #2126 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post

First fitting
Opinions? (Obviously the pants will be shortened).


Everything is fine except the length of the jacket, is it default from Mina? I would love a heavier cloth but that is personal reference.
post #2127 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Everything is fine except the length of the jacket, is it default from Mina? I would love a heavier cloth but that is personal reference.

Jacket length is just right I think and the fit is good. What fabric and weight?
post #2128 of 3926
I requested the jacket to be sliightly longer than house style. I'm very pleased how it turned out, the pictures might not give an 100% accurate view though.
The fabric is Minnis Classic 0635 13 oz I belive.
post #2129 of 3926

^^^Looking more closely, the jacket is a bit longer than I thought just looking at the basting in haste. I would go a touch shorter but if you requested length and are getting what you want, great.

Even with my desire for a shorter jacket, I think you are doing very well. Good luck with the rest of your fittings and the final. I'm sure you won't need it you are well on your way.

post #2130 of 3926
Curious, does anyone have first hand experience with Mina's house style shirts, as well as other Italian tailors, such as Siviglia, Matuozzo, Satriano Cingque, etc? Can anyone give comparisons?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura