or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 77

post #1141 of 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

So much for my comments above on NSM's House Style. It looks fantastic. You seem to have achieved a very successful hybrid between
neapolitan and Ivy. I am especially impressed with, at least, the appearance of a looser-fitting, longer coat, than Mina
usually produces. Something that might actually work for me. Am I correct ?

the slim fits you see are a function of the client, not of her house style. I get the "loose" cut and I can literally play a game of basketball with the jacket buttoned. Not to everyones taste, but I love it and the coat still has terrific shape without it having those super tight waists that some like.
post #1142 of 3933
The jacket she made for me is too loose if anything, but it sure is comfortable and I think it looks great. I had a bunch of preconceived notions based on some of the pictures I'd seen posted, but I'm really happy with the fit and the styling. I'd asked her to make my second jacket longer, lined, and with flapped pockets, but after having a chance to wear the first jacket she made for me, I told her to forget all my requests and just make subsequent jackets like the first.
post #1143 of 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

maybe a stupid question: can length be adjusted after the first fitting, or no?

Yes. The coat is cut with more allowances at every seam for first fitting than for the final version, especially if it's your first piece.
post #1144 of 3933

New website is up: http://www.napolisumisura.com/

post #1145 of 3933
All the jackets look short, especially pocketsquareguy's stuff.
post #1146 of 3933
Medtech, looking dapper!
post #1147 of 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

All the jackets look short, especially pocketsquareguy's stuff.

I kind of have to agree. But that's been mentioned here before and my guess is that these photos are meant to be examples of Mina's unfiltered styling. I'm sure some people ask for more length, but who knows if the result is successfully or not.
post #1148 of 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King View Post

I kind of have to agree. But that's been mentioned here before and my guess is that these photos are meant to be examples of Mina's unfiltered styling. I'm sure some people ask for more length, but who knows if the result is successfully or not.

All of the jackets I've seen from her have been short, except for Manton's stuff. I hope that she will cut a longer jacket for me, I am seeing her in November.
post #1149 of 3933



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post


All of the jackets I've seen from her have been short, except for Manton's stuff. I hope that she will cut a longer jacket for me, I am seeing her in November.


 She will cut a longer coat upon request.

post #1150 of 3933
i-z6HGkfB-X2.jpg
post #1151 of 3933
I saw a guy on Park Ave today whom I swear was wearing a NSM suit. It was definitely from Naples and definitely bespoke. Looked like Mina to me.
post #1152 of 3933
For some reason I've never noticed darts extending all the way down until today, and this is the second time today. The other pic was from Banis. Is this feature on all of Mina's jackets?
post #1153 of 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

i-z6HGkfB-X2.jpg

Having a blue day?
post #1154 of 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

For some reason I've never noticed darts extending all the way down until today, and this is the second time today. The other pic was from Banis. Is this feature on all of Mina's jackets?

It's a Neapolitan distinction. Talked about in other threads. Done by many tailors not just Mina but representative of a Neapolitan point of view.
post #1155 of 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Having a blue day?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura