Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Dark shirt on dark suit? Last post on 8/25/11 at 2:32pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 74
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1097 of 39269/29/11 at 5:29pmI searched the thread but couldn't find much about how NSM clients feel about the pants. Not the quality, but rather the fit.
I'm particularly interested if anyone has gotten pleats -- Does she do forward or reverse? Double or single? Has anyone deviated from the very slim flat front silhouette that Mina defaults to? I remember Manton saying that in a first try on, his pants came back like superhero tights and that's sort of giving me pause.
Edited by Knowledge is King - 9/29/11 at 6:25pmpost #1098 of 39269/30/11 at 3:27pmpost #1099 of 39269/30/11 at 3:35pmpost #1100 of 39269/30/11 at 5:32pmpost #1101 of 39269/30/11 at 7:00pmpost #1102 of 39269/30/11 at 8:08pmpost #1103 of 392610/1/11 at 12:14pmpost #1104 of 392610/1/11 at 12:34pmpost #1105 of 392610/1/11 at 12:42pmpost #1106 of 392610/2/11 at 7:37pmI didn't take any photos, but a 3 seasons sport coat in a grey/black prince of wales. The sleeves and body were too short so photos wouldn't have been worth sharing. They'll be back in NYC 11/29 and that's when I have my next fitting. I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product though.post #1107 of 392610/2/11 at 11:28pmQuote:She made double forward pleats for me. The fit is on a slimmer side, but not tight.Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
I searched the thread but couldn't find much about how NSM clients feel about the pants. Not the quality, but rather the fit.
I'm particularly interested if anyone has gotten pleats -- Does she do forward or reverse? Double or single? Has anyone deviated from the very slim flat front silhouette that Mina defaults to? I remember Manton saying that in a first try on, his pants came back like superhero tights and that's sort of giving me pause.post #1108 of 392610/3/11 at 9:57ampost #1109 of 392610/3/11 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
I didn't take any photos, but a 3 seasons sport coat in a grey/black prince of wales. The sleeves and body were too short so photos wouldn't have been worth sharing. They'll be back in NYC 11/29 and that's when I have my next fitting. I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product though.
did she leave enough in the sleeve and shoulder to fix this? what about lengthening the jacket - was enough left to make the quarters right?post #1110 of 392610/3/11 at 10:37am
The iGent really is an embarrassing species, and one that is very easy to spot in the wild. An example (one of many) from Mina's suite:
Nervous guy attempting to act polished and confident: I want an 11oz. air force blue fabric (said with some authority)
Mina / Dino: A blue / navy? Sure, we have lots of those
Guy: No, no - an air force blue specifically!
Mina / Dino: Sorry, we don't know what that means. Can you please describe it?
Guy: Uh, uh, um - well, I thought you would know. I just know that I should want it.
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 23 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 23 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)