Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 74
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1097 of 40009/29/11 at 5:29pmI searched the thread but couldn't find much about how NSM clients feel about the pants. Not the quality, but rather the fit.
I'm particularly interested if anyone has gotten pleats -- Does she do forward or reverse? Double or single? Has anyone deviated from the very slim flat front silhouette that Mina defaults to? I remember Manton saying that in a first try on, his pants came back like superhero tights and that's sort of giving me pause.
Edited by Knowledge is King - 9/29/11 at 6:25pmpost #1098 of 40009/30/11 at 3:27pmpost #1099 of 40009/30/11 at 3:35pmpost #1100 of 40009/30/11 at 5:32pmpost #1101 of 40009/30/11 at 7:00pmpost #1102 of 40009/30/11 at 8:08pmpost #1103 of 400010/1/11 at 12:14pmpost #1104 of 400010/1/11 at 12:34pmpost #1105 of 400010/1/11 at 12:42pmpost #1106 of 400010/2/11 at 7:37pmI didn't take any photos, but a 3 seasons sport coat in a grey/black prince of wales. The sleeves and body were too short so photos wouldn't have been worth sharing. They'll be back in NYC 11/29 and that's when I have my next fitting. I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product though.post #1107 of 400010/2/11 at 11:28pmQuote:She made double forward pleats for me. The fit is on a slimmer side, but not tight.Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
I searched the thread but couldn't find much about how NSM clients feel about the pants. Not the quality, but rather the fit.
I'm particularly interested if anyone has gotten pleats -- Does she do forward or reverse? Double or single? Has anyone deviated from the very slim flat front silhouette that Mina defaults to? I remember Manton saying that in a first try on, his pants came back like superhero tights and that's sort of giving me pause.post #1108 of 400010/3/11 at 9:57ampost #1109 of 400010/3/11 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
I didn't take any photos, but a 3 seasons sport coat in a grey/black prince of wales. The sleeves and body were too short so photos wouldn't have been worth sharing. They'll be back in NYC 11/29 and that's when I have my next fitting. I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product though.
did she leave enough in the sleeve and shoulder to fix this? what about lengthening the jacket - was enough left to make the quarters right?post #1110 of 400010/3/11 at 10:37am
The iGent really is an embarrassing species, and one that is very easy to spot in the wild. An example (one of many) from Mina's suite:
Nervous guy attempting to act polished and confident: I want an 11oz. air force blue fabric (said with some authority)
Mina / Dino: A blue / navy? Sure, we have lots of those
Guy: No, no - an air force blue specifically!
Mina / Dino: Sorry, we don't know what that means. Can you please describe it?
Guy: Uh, uh, um - well, I thought you would know. I just know that I should want it.
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 24 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 53 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 6 minutes ago
- › Visvim SS 101 (Damaged) | SIZE 4 fits 3/M 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 8 minutes ago
- › Maui Jim Dawn Patrol Black Sunglasses 12 minutes ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 14 minutes ago
- › Mad Men: Final Season 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...