Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 74
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1097 of 40299/29/11 at 5:29pmI searched the thread but couldn't find much about how NSM clients feel about the pants. Not the quality, but rather the fit.
I'm particularly interested if anyone has gotten pleats -- Does she do forward or reverse? Double or single? Has anyone deviated from the very slim flat front silhouette that Mina defaults to? I remember Manton saying that in a first try on, his pants came back like superhero tights and that's sort of giving me pause.
Edited by Knowledge is King - 9/29/11 at 6:25pmpost #1098 of 40299/30/11 at 3:27pmpost #1099 of 40299/30/11 at 3:35pmpost #1100 of 40299/30/11 at 5:32pmpost #1101 of 40299/30/11 at 7:00pmpost #1102 of 40299/30/11 at 8:08pmpost #1103 of 402910/1/11 at 12:14pmpost #1104 of 402910/1/11 at 12:34pmpost #1105 of 402910/1/11 at 12:42pmpost #1106 of 402910/2/11 at 7:37pmI didn't take any photos, but a 3 seasons sport coat in a grey/black prince of wales. The sleeves and body were too short so photos wouldn't have been worth sharing. They'll be back in NYC 11/29 and that's when I have my next fitting. I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product though.post #1107 of 402910/2/11 at 11:28pmQuote:She made double forward pleats for me. The fit is on a slimmer side, but not tight.Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
I searched the thread but couldn't find much about how NSM clients feel about the pants. Not the quality, but rather the fit.
I'm particularly interested if anyone has gotten pleats -- Does she do forward or reverse? Double or single? Has anyone deviated from the very slim flat front silhouette that Mina defaults to? I remember Manton saying that in a first try on, his pants came back like superhero tights and that's sort of giving me pause.post #1108 of 402910/3/11 at 9:57ampost #1109 of 402910/3/11 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
I didn't take any photos, but a 3 seasons sport coat in a grey/black prince of wales. The sleeves and body were too short so photos wouldn't have been worth sharing. They'll be back in NYC 11/29 and that's when I have my next fitting. I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product though.
did she leave enough in the sleeve and shoulder to fix this? what about lengthening the jacket - was enough left to make the quarters right?post #1110 of 402910/3/11 at 10:37am
The iGent really is an embarrassing species, and one that is very easy to spot in the wild. An example (one of many) from Mina's suite:
Nervous guy attempting to act polished and confident: I want an 11oz. air force blue fabric (said with some authority)
Mina / Dino: A blue / navy? Sure, we have lots of those
Guy: No, no - an air force blue specifically!
Mina / Dino: Sorry, we don't know what that means. Can you please describe it?
Guy: Uh, uh, um - well, I thought you would know. I just know that I should want it.
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dukesbury: Bespoke Exotic Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 6 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...