or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 74

post #1096 of 3926
Dollar is stronger now, just in time for her visit. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1097 of 3926
I searched the thread but couldn't find much about how NSM clients feel about the pants. Not the quality, but rather the fit.

I'm particularly interested if anyone has gotten pleats -- Does she do forward or reverse? Double or single? Has anyone deviated from the very slim flat front silhouette that Mina defaults to? I remember Manton saying that in a first try on, his pants came back like superhero tights and that's sort of giving me pause.
Edited by Knowledge is King - 9/29/11 at 6:25pm
post #1098 of 3926
She altered my pants and they turned out very well in the end.
post #1099 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

She altered my pants and they turned out very well in the end.


ditto

post #1100 of 3926
she did a pair for me with a higher rise, double pleats and fuller through the leg. they are by far the best fitting trouser i have ever owned.
post #1101 of 3926
Thanks guys -- anyone seeing Mina this weekend? I've exchanged a few emails with her before but I'm not sure I'll be able to reach her for an appointment on such short notice.
post #1102 of 3926
No harm in trying. First time I met her it was the evening of her last day in NYC.
post #1103 of 3926
I have my first fitting tomorrow.
post #1104 of 3926
Cool. What are you having made up?
post #1105 of 3926
photos! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1106 of 3926
I didn't take any photos, but a 3 seasons sport coat in a grey/black prince of wales. The sleeves and body were too short so photos wouldn't have been worth sharing. They'll be back in NYC 11/29 and that's when I have my next fitting. I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product though.
post #1107 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King View Post

I searched the thread but couldn't find much about how NSM clients feel about the pants. Not the quality, but rather the fit.
I'm particularly interested if anyone has gotten pleats -- Does she do forward or reverse? Double or single? Has anyone deviated from the very slim flat front silhouette that Mina defaults to? I remember Manton saying that in a first try on, his pants came back like superhero tights and that's sort of giving me pause.
She made double forward pleats for me. The fit is on a slimmer side, but not tight.
post #1108 of 3926
My favourite thread. Please keep the photographs coming. Can't say I'll do the same though shog[1].gif
post #1109 of 3926
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777 View Post

I didn't take any photos, but a 3 seasons sport coat in a grey/black prince of wales. The sleeves and body were too short so photos wouldn't have been worth sharing. They'll be back in NYC 11/29 and that's when I have my next fitting. I'll definitely post pictures of the finished product though.

did she leave enough in the sleeve and shoulder to fix this? what about lengthening the jacket - was enough left to make the quarters right?
post #1110 of 3926

 

The iGent really is an embarrassing species, and one that is very easy to spot in the wild. An example (one of many) from Mina's suite:

 

Nervous guy attempting to act polished and confident: I want an 11oz. air force blue fabric (said with some authority)

Mina / Dino: A blue / navy? Sure, we have lots of those

Guy: No, no - an air force blue specifically!

Mina / Dino: Sorry, we don't know what that means. Can you please describe it?

Guy: Uh, uh, um - well, I thought you would know. I just know that I should want it.

 

 facepalm.gif

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura