Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:21 am in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 71post #1051 of 40668/22/11 at 11:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1052 of 40668/22/11 at 12:27pmpost #1053 of 40668/22/11 at 12:28pmpost #1054 of 40668/22/11 at 1:06pmI'm really looking forward to my fitting in October. Question for those who have gone through the process. Dino has told me I should print out my receipt and send it to them. Should I expect to receive my receipt shortly before their next visit? Also, how long after my fitting should it take to have my completed piece?post #1055 of 40668/22/11 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
I'm really looking forward to my fitting in October. Question for those who have gone through the process. Dino has told me I should print out my receipt and send it to them. Should I expect to receive my receipt shortly before their next visit? Also, how long after my fitting should it take to have my completed piece?
I'm lost on your reciept question.
As to how long until it is completed, probably it will be ready in two more visits (assuming this is your first fitting) after this one, but keep in mind that she does not come in December, unless she is changing her plans this year.post #1056 of 40668/22/11 at 1:39pm
Thanks, Guero. Mina makes everything 1/4 lined like that. I thought it would be odd for winter fabrics, but I've gotten used to it. It sort of goes with the light canvas and soft construction. I think you can ask for full lining if you want, but you'd miss all the tasty finished seam edges on the inside. Don't know the reason behind doing it this way, but it's just what Mina prefers.
p.s. You can always fly to NY or SF.post #1057 of 40668/22/11 at 1:55pmAny of you guys ever have a vested suit made by Mina? I was thinking of getting my first. I understand some on SF are of the opinion that vests don't go with Italian suits but her jackets fit me really well and I figured I'd see if anyone had any first-hand experience. I was thinking single-breasted vest without lapels and side adjusters for the pants (I usually get my suits with belt loops but would ditch tge belt due to the vest.)post #1058 of 40668/22/11 at 2:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by tim_horton
Any of you guys ever have a vested suit made by Mina? I was thinking of getting my first. I understand some on SF are of the opinion that vests don't go with Italian suits but her jackets fit me really well and I figured I'd see if anyone had any first-hand experience. I was thinking single-breasted vest without lapels and side adjusters for the pants (I usually get my suits with belt loops but would ditch tge belt due to the vest.)
I'm pretty sure the OP has comissioned several three piece suits consistent with what you're looking for and has posted pictures of them in this thread.post #1059 of 40668/22/11 at 2:17pmpost #1060 of 40668/22/11 at 2:31pmThis is a navy jacket I picked up from Mina on her last visit to San Francisco. It is a fall-early spring weight cashmere wool blend herringbone. (Or summer weight as they say in San Francisco )
The direct summer sunlight combined with my lack of photographic skills doesn't provide accurate color but you can at least see the detail.
This is the closest to the actual color.
Inside lower pocket detail
I'll post a fit pic one of these days when I get some nice indirect sunlight.post #1061 of 40668/22/11 at 2:48pmpost #1062 of 40668/23/11 at 5:50amThread StarterQuote:
Immaculate as usual, gents - love the fabric choices.
Mina has made alterations to my vests, which now are now anchored to the base of my neck and are a pleasure to wear - unfortunately, it's too warm to post updated fit pics. I do like them enough that one of my Harrisons worsted flannels will be a 3-piece. On occasion, I grab one of them to use as an odd vest with (gasp!) jeans.post #1063 of 40668/23/11 at 5:57ampost #1064 of 40668/23/11 at 6:56am
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green UK9/US9.5F Dark Oak 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?