Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- ISAIA NAPOLI - SUPER HUGE MEGATHREAD - Suits, Sport Coats, Jackets, Pants, Ties, Hangers &... Last post on 11/13/13 at 7:07am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! BNWT -Zegna - Navy Blue. Fully Canvassed. 40R suit - !PRICE DROP! Last post on 10/19/12 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura - Page 71post #1051 of 40028/22/11 at 11:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1052 of 40028/22/11 at 12:27pmpost #1053 of 40028/22/11 at 12:28pmpost #1054 of 40028/22/11 at 1:06pmI'm really looking forward to my fitting in October. Question for those who have gone through the process. Dino has told me I should print out my receipt and send it to them. Should I expect to receive my receipt shortly before their next visit? Also, how long after my fitting should it take to have my completed piece?post #1055 of 40028/22/11 at 1:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
I'm really looking forward to my fitting in October. Question for those who have gone through the process. Dino has told me I should print out my receipt and send it to them. Should I expect to receive my receipt shortly before their next visit? Also, how long after my fitting should it take to have my completed piece?
I'm lost on your reciept question.
As to how long until it is completed, probably it will be ready in two more visits (assuming this is your first fitting) after this one, but keep in mind that she does not come in December, unless she is changing her plans this year.post #1056 of 40028/22/11 at 1:39pm
Thanks, Guero. Mina makes everything 1/4 lined like that. I thought it would be odd for winter fabrics, but I've gotten used to it. It sort of goes with the light canvas and soft construction. I think you can ask for full lining if you want, but you'd miss all the tasty finished seam edges on the inside. Don't know the reason behind doing it this way, but it's just what Mina prefers.
p.s. You can always fly to NY or SF.post #1057 of 40028/22/11 at 1:55pmAny of you guys ever have a vested suit made by Mina? I was thinking of getting my first. I understand some on SF are of the opinion that vests don't go with Italian suits but her jackets fit me really well and I figured I'd see if anyone had any first-hand experience. I was thinking single-breasted vest without lapels and side adjusters for the pants (I usually get my suits with belt loops but would ditch tge belt due to the vest.)post #1058 of 40028/22/11 at 2:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by tim_horton
Any of you guys ever have a vested suit made by Mina? I was thinking of getting my first. I understand some on SF are of the opinion that vests don't go with Italian suits but her jackets fit me really well and I figured I'd see if anyone had any first-hand experience. I was thinking single-breasted vest without lapels and side adjusters for the pants (I usually get my suits with belt loops but would ditch tge belt due to the vest.)
I'm pretty sure the OP has comissioned several three piece suits consistent with what you're looking for and has posted pictures of them in this thread.post #1059 of 40028/22/11 at 2:17pmpost #1060 of 40028/22/11 at 2:31pmThis is a navy jacket I picked up from Mina on her last visit to San Francisco. It is a fall-early spring weight cashmere wool blend herringbone. (Or summer weight as they say in San Francisco )
The direct summer sunlight combined with my lack of photographic skills doesn't provide accurate color but you can at least see the detail.
This is the closest to the actual color.
Inside lower pocket detail
I'll post a fit pic one of these days when I get some nice indirect sunlight.post #1061 of 40028/22/11 at 2:48pmpost #1062 of 40028/23/11 at 5:50amThread StarterQuote:
Immaculate as usual, gents - love the fabric choices.
Mina has made alterations to my vests, which now are now anchored to the base of my neck and are a pleasure to wear - unfortunately, it's too warm to post updated fit pics. I do like them enough that one of my Harrisons worsted flannels will be a 3-piece. On occasion, I grab one of them to use as an odd vest with (gasp!) jeans.post #1063 of 40028/23/11 at 5:57ampost #1064 of 40028/23/11 at 6:56am
- my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 18 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 21 minutes ago
- › Quoddy Brown Oxfords Sz 11 22 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 26 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan