• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket squares - where do you guys *really* get them?

enarchay

Reaction score
I know there probably have been a few threads like this already, but this one is a bit more specific. The creative use of pocket squares in the WAYW threads can really dazzle me, but with such a variety, I often wonder: Where are you guys getting these things? I simply cannot afford to buy a variety of pocket squares from the typically recommended sites, so what options do I have? How did you guys start your collection?

Thanks.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enarchay
I know there probably have been a few threads like this already, but this one is a bit more specific. The creative use of pocket squares in the WAYW threads can really dazzle me, but with such a variety, I often wonder: Where are you guys getting these things? I simply cannot afford to buy a variety of pocket squares from the typically recommended sites, so what options do I have? How did you guys start your collection?

Thanks.

Build slowly.

I get mine from Kent Wang or from the buy and sell section of this site.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
75% of the best ones I've seen are all Kent Wang, frankly. Can be had for like 25 dollars too.

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
I have been bought from BS. Got a Hackett and a PRL. At the same time, I took an old Turnbull & Asser of mine and asked to a skillfull lady use the fabric to make three PS`s. It worked.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Century 21 in NYC often has a good selection as well.

killercadi

Reaction score
I've bought most of mine from Howard Yount and Kent Wang.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sam Hober

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of mine are actually just pieces of old material from stuff I don't use anymore. I simply cut out the size that I want, and use it stuffed (so no edges are showing). I can probably bring them up to my cleaners up the street and have the edges sewn, for pretty cheap. I have to ask.

The rest are from C21 as Lufty pointed out, B&S (gshen makes GREAT ones) and Kent Wang. The latter two can't be beat for the $$.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Less expensive sources include Kent Wang, Sam Hober, and the sale offerings of conservative places like Maus & Hoffman and Ben Silver...check their sites. Both M&H and BS have some great squares on markdown right now. C21 is great if you are in NYC. There are also some part-time PS makers who make offers on SF. The other option as noted above is to recycle shirting. Carl Goldberg of CEGO (shirtmaven on SF) does this with odd bits of fabric. You can also do it yourself with exhausted shirts. Anyone with a sewing machine can do standard edges. Hand-rolled edges take a bit more time and skill, so you may search longer before you find someone willing and able to finish a PS that way.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PROTIP: For solid-colored satin silk pocket squares, check out someplace like Burlington Coat Factory. Yeah, they don't have hand-rolled edges, but who cares, they're like seven bucks.

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I get nearly all of mine from two local old-school menswear stores. I have to be careful with them (they carry some cheap, one-sided 80's looking ones), but they usually have a bunch of really nice ones in tons of great patterns. I prefer a little more silk and color than the white-tv-fold crowd, so it works out well for me. Best part is, the only time I've paid more than twenty some dollars was a Faberge one that I fell in love with that was $45.

dv_indian

Reaction score
If you want super cheap try Men's Wearhouse. They have plain silk for $7 and printed design silk for $10. Online selection seems to be better. Order on a Friday for free 2 day express shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads