or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket squares - where do you guys *really* get them?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pocket squares - where do you guys *really* get them? - Page 4

post #46 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
The real question is: How many men actually use their pocketsquares as handkerchiefs or are they just for decoration?
A silk pocket square is not a handkerchief. I always have a pocket square in a suit or sports jacket and always have a linen handkerchief in my front trouser pocket. One for show and one to blow!
post #47 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by miomall1 View Post
Kent Wang and Sonlegoman.

Who is this Kent Wang fella? Just kidding. All the competitors on SF are nice guys. Gshen even sent me a nice email. They're gentlemen all around.
post #48 of 63
Can you get me a discount on lasik?
post #49 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
Can you get me a discount on lasik?
That's ophthalmology. I just correct refraction with lenses and diagnose ocular diseases and treat non-surgical diseases. I know some of you may think I may be biased, but Lasik is just not worth it. The side-effects are ridiculous. And they won't explain all of them to you since you'd be turned off by it. How old are you? After a certain age, LASIK just isn't worth it. Maybe some of the newer, more gentler LASIK is better. The really cool thing is the all laser Lasik which doesn't require cutting the cornea with a traditional surgical blade. Wavefront LASIK is also much better. But the first batch of LASIK ten years ago was utter crap. I've heard so many horror stories about the first LASIK. Or are you talking about the hypertensive drug lasix? I didn't think you were that old...
post #50 of 63
Gregaz
post #51 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Those of you that do it yourself, where do you find the fabric?
Ace Cow, EBay can be a source for the hobbyist as well as large discount fabric stores many of which are online. We weave handwoven silks ourselves or have weavers in England, Italy, Belgium and Ireland weave for us. One of the best suggestions that has been posted is to use older high quality shirts. However, if you want a high end luxury pocket square with perfect edges and corners such as ours or a few French or Italian ones and you are on a budget your best bet is an Estate sale. Making simple pocket squares like 99% of the ones that are for sale is not hard but making a luxury one takes around one and a half hours if you are an expert or naturally talented. So if the sewing is not fun do not do it as you will not save money.
post #52 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post
This. It is very easy to get carried away and buy way more pocket squares that you actually wear. I speak from experience.
I have found that I only wear about 4 or 5 of the pocket squares that I have. Keep it simple.
post #53 of 63
Rather randomly found a couple simple ones at Nordstrom Rack a few years ago. The others I snagged on clearance at Buona Giornata/ Comme Ca Men for like 1000JPY.
post #54 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hober View Post
Making simple pocket squares like 99% of the ones that are for sale is not hard but making a luxury one takes around one and a half hours if you are an expert or naturally talented. So if the sewing is not fun do not do it as you will not save money.

Bolded for truth. We're taking about 2 hours just to sew each square now, not counting the time spent cutting the fabric and trimming the edges neatly. Lots of in every square!
post #55 of 63
Graham Winters just announced their pocket squares $22 each or 3 for $44 http://www.grahamwithersclothing.com...t-squares.html
post #56 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonlegoman View Post
I know some of you may think I may be biased, but Lasik is just not worth it. The side-effects are ridiculous. And they won't explain all of them to you since you'd be turned off by it.

I love my Lasik. I'm 23 and it's been 1 year now. Redwood Olive Peoples non-prescription frames, hot fire.
post #57 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post
I love my Lasik. I'm 23 and it's been 1 year now. Redwood Olive Peoples non-prescription frames, hot fire.

oh, you just wait... Of course, you'll chalk it up to old age though.
post #58 of 63
Century 21 cosigned.
post #59 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post
A silk pocket square is not a handkerchief. I always have a pocket square in a suit or sports jacket and always have a linen handkerchief in my front trouser pocket.

One for show and one to blow!

I just keep one in my pocket for when the opportunity to offer it to a sad young maiden.
Or to pick up evidence next to a dead body I may discover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshen View Post
Bolded for truth. We're taking about 2 hours just to sew each square now, not counting the time spent cutting the fabric and trimming the edges neatly. Lots of in every square!
So the question is then: Is your time worth less than $15/hr?
post #60 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonphillipsphoto View Post
Graham Winters just announced their pocket squares $22 each or 3 for $44 http://www.grahamwithersclothing.com...t-squares.html

Hmm, I like those.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket squares - where do you guys *really* get them?