Just bought a Milano (1818, no GF in this cut that I can see) from the Madison store when I was in NYC (40% to 50% off?), never bought Fitzgerald, but just base on trying both in store (in the 36R/36S range for both Milano and Fitzgerald), I would say
1. Milano pants are definitely slimmer than Fitzgerald, like ball busting slim, had to let out a bit
2. All the Fitzgerald I looked at were center vent, and all the Milano I saw were side vent
3. Jacket is a bit shorter, but not by much, definitely more waist suppression, but again not excessive (would say waist suppresion is in between 36 and 38 RLBL)
4. Didn't compare the lapel size between the 2, but the ones on Milano is small for sure, not BBBF kind of small, but small nontheless
Would be interesting if someone compare this to the mad men edition (doesn't exist anymore I assume?), would guess Milano and Mad Men Edition are very similar
For reference I am between 5'7", 5'8" and weight about 145lb. I wear RLBL in 38S with a bit waist take in on the jacket, and defintiely waist take in on the pant. For Polo RL, I am a 36S on Polo II and Bradford/Garrison cut (need to take the jacket in on Polo II, fine as it is on Bradford/Garrison). For RLPL, I can wear 38S Custom fit with quite a bit alteration (jacket take in, shoulder might just be barely ok), and 36S in regular RLPL if I ever find one... For RL Signature I can take 38S with quite a lot work (jacket take in on the side and center), would definitely prefer if I can find RL Signature in 36S. Isaia is 36 on Base S, never tried Base G, so might be 36 or 38 not sure.
* Any above the ones in "R" is kind of fine as well as long as the jacket is not too long (i.e. I don't have to cut more than a inch off the jacket)
I bought this Milano as 36R and still debating whether to cut the jacket a bit shorter (like quarter to half inch) or not.
p.s. on the BB website they have double breast for Milano, but didn't see it in the store (or just wasn't on sale) so didn't try it, would definitely appreciate if anyone has input