or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Roy's Jeans - Single Man Made
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roy's Jeans - Single Man Made - Page 11

post #151 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrero View Post
Ande' has completely switched to Jap denim, I'm curious how it compares to Cone.

Yeah. I love the way my Cone Ande's have faded, interested in seeing some REALLY BEAT Roy's denim, but that will take a few months. I just meant construction-wise, seems like a similar operation to Ande Whall. If I ever get around to shrinking my ass and thighs (the only part of my body which seems to retain fat... I'll work it off sometime) I'll probably cop Rakers, Ande has that signature upper leg and top block devastation in the slimmer fits.
post #152 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanlan55 View Post
...

I don't see why people are bitching about ROY's ad copy when there are much more egregious marketing offenses on this website.
post #153 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
I don't see why people are bitching about ROY's ad copy when there are much more egregious marketing offenses on this website.

You know what they say. Mouths get bigger the farther away they become.
post #154 of 317
Can someone describe to me what the fading properties of Cone denim are? The next pair I buy will most likely be Cone, and I'm wondering how they fade compared to some of the Japanese denim out there. Maybe point me in the direction of a few photos..... edit: I apologize, this question doesn't belong in this thread....
post #155 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkar501 View Post
I came across ROY many months ago when I searching for well made, American denim at a cheap price point. At the $275 price tag I probably won't be buying (not yet at least), although I do think the price is justified as far as splitting profits and overhead goes.

Also, I think the higher pricing strategy will work. Consumers who are looking for US made quality denim will see the price point, which is on par with Japanese denim, and there will be a perceived value that this single operation, American made denim is just as good quality wise as the other Japanese brands. For alot of consumers this will be the selling point.

And that this threak will be what pops up when some searches for ROY denim. Way to go whatever123

this is the same argument people say about ande whall. take it or leave it.
post #156 of 317
That's one issue with whoever said this was "the same" Cone Mills denim everyone else is using - truth is, Cone Mills makes a number of denims that fade in different ways. Most of the LVC models use Cone Mills denim, and each is unique to that model. Most of the US artisanal brands using cone seem to be using sanforized Cone Mills. Maybe it's marketing copy, but the loom chatter/uneven aspect Kiya refers to makes me wonder if we've even seen this specific denim on any known artisanal jeans before.
post #157 of 317
i'm kind of interested in seeing if this peaks interest in cone mills. it seems everything is second to japanese these days.....at least interest wise. all i wear is cone mills...
post #158 of 317
Thread Starter 
For the record.. this is NOT the same as other Cone denim. Roy is making the ONLY jean in the world in production numbers, other than LVC, from Cone's shrink-to-fit denim.
post #159 of 317
True that... I'm a big fan of rayleigh denim who uses all sorts of cone white oak denim, but this is the first time I've heard of someone using unsanforized cone denim though now I know LVC and some small batch stuff does too!
post #160 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
For the record.. this is NOT the same as other Cone denim.
Roy is making the ONLY jean in the world in production numbers, other than LVC, from Cone's shrink-to-fit denim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
True that... I'm a big fan of rayleigh denim who uses all sorts of cone white oak denim, but this is the first time I've heard of someone using unsanforized cone denim though now I know LVC and some small batch stuff does too!

ande whall? or is that not considered production numbers....?
post #161 of 317
I really need to get on the ball and share some pics of my Gen1's.
post #162 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post
i'm kind of interested in seeing if this peaks interest in cone mills. it seems everything is second to japanese these days.....at least interest wise. all i wear is cone mills...
You know the whole story, cone mills ditched the old looms...they ended miraculously in Japan...Evis marketing...internet copy paste.
Also how ridiculously fast fades makes them even more appealing. Cone denim is notoriously hard to fade


Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
True that... I'm a big fan of rayleigh denim who uses all sorts of cone white oak denim, but this is the first time I've heard of someone using unsanforized cone denim though now I know LVC and some small batch stuff does too!
According to Roy unsanforized denim is superior to sanforized. ::thumbs up::
post #163 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post
ande whall? or is that not considered production numbers....?

Hrm didn't Ande Whall switch to japanese okayama denim? Not trying to imply that such a move isn't an upgrade from cone unsanforized, but the point to start with wasn't japanese versus cone but how cone unsanforized is less widely used form of cone.
post #164 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkar501 View Post
Can someone describe to me what the fading properties of Cone denim are? The next pair I buy will most likely be Cone, and I'm wondering how they fade compared to some of the Japanese denim out there. Maybe point me in the direction of a few photos.....

edit: I apologize, this question doesn't belong in this thread....

This is Cone sanforized, 13.5oz, copped these before Ande was offering Cone STF. So I can only imagine the STF will fade even more nicely, but goddamn, I love these jeans. Taken with flash, contrast is a little better in person, but as you can see, Cone fades ridiculously well. You have to beat it up though.


21 Months, about 14-15 months of solid wear (5x a week or so) and then the other 6 months probably 2x a week. 2 washes, one on purpose, and one because I spilled a bowl of soup on them
post #165 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
Hrm didn't Ande Whall switch to japanese okayama denim? Not trying to imply that such a move isn't an upgrade from cone unsanforized, but the point to start with wasn't japanese versus cone but how cone unsanforized is less widely used form of cone.

yeah Ande uses Japanese denim now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Roy's Jeans - Single Man Made