or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bespoke delivery in a few days: what could go wrong?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bespoke delivery in a few days: what could go wrong? - Page 3

post #31 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
Is this a new tailor to you? If so who is the favoured person?



You must be new to teh StyleForvm.

Welcome. I look forward to more of your posts.


- B
post #32 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
You must be new to teh StyleForvm.

Welcome. I look forward to more of your posts.


- B

post #33 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post

Did someone call?
post #34 of 148
One set of shirts had a too small shoulder measurement...new ones were made up asap and I was able to keep the mistakes as well. My tailor told me they'd be perfect for wearing under a sweater w/out a tie.

Other than that, minor issues, like a missing button on a 3 roll 2 (not missing button hole) or lining not exact (I'm specific about the lining under the collar as well as inside the coat. Pants a touch too long, etc...

All are fixed for me, as I try on at the shop before I take the garment home.
post #35 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
You must be new to teh StyleForvm.

Welcome. I look forward to more of your posts.


- B

Thank you.

No I am far from new but given that Matt was anticipating something to go wrong, I found it hard to believe that he was speaking of his regular tailor.
post #36 of 148
Belgian shoes sewn into the trouser hems?
post #37 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Is this being sent to you cold turkey or did you have fittings?

Cold turkey, per the usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
Is this a new tailor to you? If so who is the favoured person?

No. Still the big R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post
No I am far from new but given that Matt was anticipating something to go wrong, I found it hard to believe that he was speaking of his regular tailor.

Well, no one's perfect. There is always some minor anxiety in anticipation of a delivery--not because I think I'll get screwed, but because it's a pain to wait for the fix and it sucks to not have what you expected after waiting for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
Did you have the linings replaced or just kept them as is?

I had one of the linings replaced. As completed, all my odd jackets wound up with red linings. So, I had one switched to a moss green, which I had originally requested. Yes, I am aware of the irony that I can wear the same shoe everyday but get peaved by having the same linings in my jackets.
post #38 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Cold turkey, per the usual.

If you do have problem with details or fit, this will be the reason.

But I won't lecture you since you fully understand that you're forgoing a fundamental step because of your confidence in Rubinacci's after-delivery attentiveness.

Most men, moreover, become plumper and softer starting around your age. If it isn't happening to you, great...but just keep it in mind.


- B
post #39 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Most men, moreover, become plumper and softer starting around your age. If it isn't happening to you, great...but just keep it in mind.


- B

For sure. What better insurance policy against that tendency than a wardrobe of bespoke clothing?
post #40 of 148
Wrong color buttons, mannn that pissed me off.
post #41 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post
For sure. What better insurance policy against that tendency than a wardrobe of bespoke clothing?

Your age entitles you to a discount on this thread.


- B
post #42 of 148
You could be attacked by a feral jungle cat and lose an arm in the process, which would upset the balance of the suit jacket.
post #43 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
If you do have problem with details or fit, this will be the reason.

But I won't lecture you since you fully understand that you're forgoing a fundamental step because of your confidence in Rubinacci's after-delivery attentiveness.

Most men, moreover, become plumper and softer starting around your age. If it isn't happening to you, great...but just keep it in mind.

I asked for a tiny bit of extra room in one suit, but that one won't come for some time. The other is cut like before--I've still got 8-10cm of extra space around my waist.

As for foregoing a fitting: hasn't been a problem before and they have always been happy to fix anything.
post #44 of 148
Package was sent tot he wrong address. Luckily, that person refused delivery and sent it back and I eventually received it.

I wanted a 3 button rolled to 2 and I envisioned it much different than it came out.
post #45 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar-lemon View Post
You could be attacked by a feral jungle cat and lose an arm in the process, which would upset the balance of the suit jacket.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bespoke delivery in a few days: what could go wrong?