or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bespoke delivery in a few days: what could go wrong?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bespoke delivery in a few days: what could go wrong? - Page 9

post #121 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
It works well with a tan tweed.

I'm going to say donegal suit.
post #122 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Seriously, what is wrong with blue suit, blue lining? Stripey sleeves of course.

OK, so I was planning to pop my SF posting cherry next week when I my first-ever bespoke suit is finished, but now I need to ask: why do suits have stripey sleeves? I hadn't even noticed this until I was choosing linings for my suit and my tailor asked whether I wanted stripey sleeves or the same blue lining as the body. I chose not to have the stripes.

Am I ruined?
post #123 of 148
Inner breast pocket measurements too narrow for my dress wallet.
post #124 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Most men, moreover, become plumper and softer starting around your age. If it isn't happening to you, great...but just keep it in mind.
And what age might this happen? I want to make certain I take precautions to avoid this plumping and softening.
post #125 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
This is horribly true. I'll be 30 this year and my bespoke stuff made in 2007 and 2008 doesn't fit quite as well as it did then.
I'm 60+ ... and I can easily wear what I had made when I was in my late 20s. That said I could afford to loose five pounds right about now.
post #126 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
And what age might this happen? I want to make certain I take precautions to avoid this plumping and softening.

Doesn't happen to everyone.

Some men start plump and soft from their early youth.
post #127 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
Am I ruined?
You have to ask?

Now to be serious ... I have some coats with sleeve linings that are stipes on white ... others are lined to match the primary lining ... and still others are lined in white. In fact Richard Anderson has never made my sleeves lined with stripes. His sleeves are simply lined in white ... no matter what color the primary lining.
post #128 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Doesn't happen to everyone.
I shall chalk this up to my French & French-Swiss ancestry.
post #129 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mork View Post
Am I ruined?

for sure
post #130 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
I'm 60+ ... and I can easily wear what I had made when I was in my late 20s. That said I could afford to loose five pounds right about now.

Congratulations. I'm not really talking about major fit issues. But I do notice slight differences. I just hope my body will settle pretty much where it is now.
post #131 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
Congratulations. I'm not really talking about major fit issues. But I do notice slight differences. I just hope my body will settle pretty much where it is now.
On the shoe front ... all did not stay the same. When considering my past bespoke shoe purchases ... this has been very sad. Most no longer fit.
post #132 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
On the shoe front ... all did not stay the same. When considering my past bespoke shoe purchases ... this has been very sad. Most no longer fit.

Maybe the valet did not take out the shoe trees?




- B
post #133 of 148
surpised this wasn't posted

post #134 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Maybe the valet did not take out the shoe trees?
Tomorrow morning I'll have a talk with Bentley.
post #135 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
On the shoe front ... all did not stay the same. When considering my past bespoke shoe purchases ... this has been very sad. Most no longer fit.

this is an assignement...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bespoke delivery in a few days: what could go wrong?