or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quilted Jackets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quilted Jackets - Page 5

post #61 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraway View Post

Saw this recently in a Charles Tyrwhitt catalogue, GBP 129 at the moment.  Looks good, might see if I can find it in one of their stores to take a look at.

Navy Quilted Coat

1000x500px-LL-0dbfb8e7_CT-NavyQuiltedCoat.jpeg

I ordered this jacket in two sizes and am returning. The 40" was way too tight in the shoulders and the 42" was too big everywhere else. The fabric is also heavy and it doesn't lay well on the body. Looks boxy. It's a shame no one else makes anything like the Boggi nor Mandelli jackets. Those are amazing.
post #62 of 193
I just ordered a Barbour Chelsea
post #63 of 193
Anyone have actual pictures of you on the coat/jacket?
post #64 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

I ordered this jacket in two sizes and am returning. The 40" was way too tight in the shoulders and the 42" was too big everywhere else. The fabric is also heavy and it doesn't lay well on the body. Looks boxy. It's a shame no one else makes anything like the Boggi nor Mandelli jackets. Those are amazing.

polo rl


ive seen a bunch of liddesdales and variants in person... for some reason theyre very popular in istanbul. its not "shapely" enough if youre looking for the SC look.

the polo is nice
post #65 of 193

Burberry makes a few decent looking ones but kinda sucks they're only in black

 

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=34513783

 

 

post #66 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post

polo rl
ive seen a bunch of liddesdales and variants in person... for some reason theyre very popular in istanbul. its not "shapely" enough if youre looking for the SC look.
the polo is nice

Thanks for the tip. The RL quilted SC went on sale yesterday. Just bought 2, will keep the better fitting. Including an additional 10% code it came to $250/ea. Nice.

1318074141-29377700.jpg
post #67 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post


Quote:


Originally Posted by TRINI View Post







Lately, I have been interested where to get a quilted sportcoat much like this.

What's the etiquette on wearing a quilted sportcoat like this indoors, say to a theatre or at the dinner table? I just purchased one - it's tailored close to the body, has the button configuration and lapels of a sportcoat, and looks good with a shirt and tie. I want to make sure that in terms of etiquette - when a jacket is preferred/required - it would be more akin to a wool sportcoat than a Barbour or Lavenham jacket. Or is that a stretch?
post #68 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmindc View Post

What's the etiquette on wearing a quilted sportcoat like this indoors, say to a theatre or at the dinner table? I just purchased one - it's tailored close to the body, has the button configuration and lapels of a sportcoat, and looks good with a shirt and tie. I want to make sure that in terms of etiquette - when a jacket is preferred/required - it would be more akin to a wool sportcoat than a Barbour or Lavenham jacket. Or is that a stretch?

i would not. it's outerwear.
post #69 of 193
I have only ever had one quilted "SC." Personally I treated it more like a jacket and less like a SC. I generally wore a button-front and a sweater underneath and took the jacket off each time I entered a building (as one would with a piece of outerwear). While I like the more polished look/formality of the "SC" cut, I don't think of it as a true piece of tailored clothing.
post #70 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

I have only ever had one quilted "SC." Personally I treated it more like a jacket and less like a SC. I generally wore a button-front and a sweater underneath and took the jacket off each time I entered a building (as one would with a piece of outerwear). While I like the more polished look/formality of the "SC" cut, I don't think of it as a true piece of tailored clothing.

it ain't!
post #71 of 193
Agreed. Though the Mandelli is a work of art in its own right.
post #72 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Burberry makes a few decent looking ones but kinda sucks they're only in black

300x300px-LL-34206f76_img-thing.jpeg


Burberry, but Burberry Prorsum:

i-TxGwvxS-L.jpg

A bit pricier, however.
post #73 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post


Burberry, but Burberry Prorsum:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

i-TxGwvxS-L.jpg

 


A bit pricier, however.



That's a great jacket. Burberry gets a lot of hate but I have a London short duffel that I really enjoy. Looking to pick up a Prosrum trench in the spring.

post #74 of 193

Can anyone identify the jacket this guy is wearing? Or a jacket that looks similar?_

 

 

I would be forever grateful  cheers.gif

post #75 of 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post


agreed
0K451Wnavy.jpg
the liddesdale is not too dissimilar either
735PFHocn.jpg
while we're on coats i found this really nice aethestics from Brooks... too bad the jacket is nylon
FJOGhkNgonJqiudCipCS.png


Where can I find the Liddesdale in NYC? Any idea what it's going to run?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quilted Jackets