Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:29 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing - Page 57post #841 of 21181/15/12 at 2:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 21181/15/12 at 3:05pmpost #843 of 21181/17/12 at 8:41pmpost #844 of 21181/18/12 at 6:59pmpost #845 of 21181/18/12 at 7:14pmpost #846 of 21181/21/12 at 12:18pmpost #847 of 21181/21/12 at 12:41pmpost #848 of 21181/21/12 at 3:49pmpost #849 of 21181/28/12 at 2:03pm
I swung into the Mall of America CM yesterday and picked up a few button-up shirts. I'm 5'6" and the extra small slim fit shirts fit me incredibly well everywhere but length. The bottom of the shirt contours very similar to my dress shirts (no surprise), but I'd like to wear them casually, untucked. The BR slim fit shirts have the ideal length I'm looking for.
Question: If I bring the shirt in to get hemmed, can the tailor change the "shape" of the contoured bottom? For instance, I would like the very front and back of the shirt hemmed about 2 inches (so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a dress when they're untucked), but the sides of the shirt I would like to remain the length they are. I appreciate any info. Thanks all.post #850 of 21181/28/12 at 2:05pmpost #851 of 21181/28/12 at 10:05pmQuote:
Just be careful that you don't shorten the front too much, so that the bottom button ends up too close to the hem.post #852 of 21181/29/12 at 9:25pmpost #853 of 21181/30/12 at 5:14ampost #854 of 21181/30/12 at 8:52amyeah i never gave them much thought for accessories, but was looking through the sales rack and a lot of their ties are pretty solid for a really cheap price
although my dad always jokes that Made in X doesnt mean anything anymore if its made in the streets or in the ghetto or by foreigners in that country lolpost #855 of 21181/30/12 at 11:02amQuote:
Great news for me b/c I'm a huge fan of their 'classic fit'. I'm really glad to see it making a comeback after almost completely disappearing during the summer. I wonder if they brought it back for the F/W line because the roomier fit lends itself better to layering?
Now if only they started making their trousers in a 29 waist...
- Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Tie cleanout Drake's, Farnese and Knottery 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 5 minutes ago
- › 11 Shirts - 15 / 15.5 - LONG - Cutaway Collar - Cocktail Cuff - MOP 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...