Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 5:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing - Page 57post #841 of 22241/15/12 at 2:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 22241/15/12 at 3:05pmpost #843 of 22241/17/12 at 8:41pmpost #844 of 22241/18/12 at 6:59pmpost #845 of 22241/18/12 at 7:14pmpost #846 of 22241/21/12 at 12:18pmpost #847 of 22241/21/12 at 12:41pmpost #848 of 22241/21/12 at 3:49pmpost #849 of 22241/28/12 at 2:03pm
I swung into the Mall of America CM yesterday and picked up a few button-up shirts. I'm 5'6" and the extra small slim fit shirts fit me incredibly well everywhere but length. The bottom of the shirt contours very similar to my dress shirts (no surprise), but I'd like to wear them casually, untucked. The BR slim fit shirts have the ideal length I'm looking for.
Question: If I bring the shirt in to get hemmed, can the tailor change the "shape" of the contoured bottom? For instance, I would like the very front and back of the shirt hemmed about 2 inches (so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a dress when they're untucked), but the sides of the shirt I would like to remain the length they are. I appreciate any info. Thanks all.post #850 of 22241/28/12 at 2:05pmpost #851 of 22241/28/12 at 10:05pmQuote:
Just be careful that you don't shorten the front too much, so that the bottom button ends up too close to the hem.post #852 of 22241/29/12 at 9:25pmpost #853 of 22241/30/12 at 5:14ampost #854 of 22241/30/12 at 8:52amyeah i never gave them much thought for accessories, but was looking through the sales rack and a lot of their ties are pretty solid for a really cheap price
although my dad always jokes that Made in X doesnt mean anything anymore if its made in the streets or in the ghetto or by foreigners in that country lolpost #855 of 22241/30/12 at 11:02amQuote:
Great news for me b/c I'm a huge fan of their 'classic fit'. I'm really glad to see it making a comeback after almost completely disappearing during the summer. I wonder if they brought it back for the F/W line because the roomier fit lends itself better to layering?
Now if only they started making their trousers in a 29 waist...
- Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feeback & Appreciation 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Best Hair Styling Products for Men? 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...