Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 11:43 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing - Page 57post #841 of 21431/15/12 at 2:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 21431/15/12 at 3:05pmpost #843 of 21431/17/12 at 8:41pmpost #844 of 21431/18/12 at 6:59pmpost #845 of 21431/18/12 at 7:14pmpost #846 of 21431/21/12 at 12:18pmpost #847 of 21431/21/12 at 12:41pmpost #848 of 21431/21/12 at 3:49pmpost #849 of 21431/28/12 at 2:03pm
I swung into the Mall of America CM yesterday and picked up a few button-up shirts. I'm 5'6" and the extra small slim fit shirts fit me incredibly well everywhere but length. The bottom of the shirt contours very similar to my dress shirts (no surprise), but I'd like to wear them casually, untucked. The BR slim fit shirts have the ideal length I'm looking for.
Question: If I bring the shirt in to get hemmed, can the tailor change the "shape" of the contoured bottom? For instance, I would like the very front and back of the shirt hemmed about 2 inches (so it doesn't look like I'm wearing a dress when they're untucked), but the sides of the shirt I would like to remain the length they are. I appreciate any info. Thanks all.post #850 of 21431/28/12 at 2:05pmpost #851 of 21431/28/12 at 10:05pmQuote:
Just be careful that you don't shorten the front too much, so that the bottom button ends up too close to the hem.post #852 of 21431/29/12 at 9:25pmpost #853 of 21431/30/12 at 5:14ampost #854 of 21431/30/12 at 8:52amyeah i never gave them much thought for accessories, but was looking through the sales rack and a lot of their ties are pretty solid for a really cheap price
although my dad always jokes that Made in X doesnt mean anything anymore if its made in the streets or in the ghetto or by foreigners in that country lolpost #855 of 21431/30/12 at 11:02amQuote:
Great news for me b/c I'm a huge fan of their 'classic fit'. I'm really glad to see it making a comeback after almost completely disappearing during the summer. I wonder if they brought it back for the F/W line because the roomier fit lends itself better to layering?
Now if only they started making their trousers in a 29 waist...
- Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 41 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 4 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...