or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing - Page 53

post #781 of 1952
Does anyone know where in T.O I might find the shirt in the middle? I thought I saw one in Bloor, but I think it said "made in Asia", whereas the one pictured is one of the "Made In the U.S.A" shirts. Is the Bloor location the only store that sells that line? I don't recall seeing them at the Eaton Centre.

525

A bit pricey, but I was hoping maybe they'd come down in price on boxing day. Also, has anyone actually seen the Mark Mcnairy's featured on their site? Someone here told me they were sold at the Bloor location, but I've never seen them.
post #782 of 1952
Anyone washed their dip dye fair isle yet? Does it shrink on a cold wash on the hand wash setting?
post #783 of 1952
How is the club monaco quality now a days? I've always liked the brand for their understated style and decent fit but the last time I bought stuff was circa 2000-2004. Looking back, their shirts wear down easily compared to what I typically buy now (BB, RL).

By the way, I've always heard that CM is basically owned by the same parent company as RL?
post #784 of 1952
i think CM is a good quality when they go on sale. and yes they are owned by RL since 1999.
post #785 of 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by corneliusparky View Post

Anyone washed their dip dye fair isle yet? Does it shrink on a cold wash on the hand wash setting?

Handwash to be sure son.
post #786 of 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post

Does anyone know where in T.O I might find the shirt in the middle? I thought I saw one in Bloor, but I think it said "made in Asia", whereas the one pictured is one of the "Made In the U.S.A" shirts. Is the Bloor location the only store that sells that line? I don't recall seeing them at the Eaton Centre.
525
A bit pricey, but I was hoping maybe they'd come down in price on boxing day. Also, has anyone actually seen the Mark Mcnairy's featured on their site? Someone here told me they were sold at the Bloor location, but I've never seen them.

Only Bloor in Toronto carries the Made in USA line.
post #787 of 1952
I hope they have an actual sale on boxing day for their regular price items instead of further discounting the sale items.
post #788 of 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBassist View Post

I hope they have an actual sale on boxing day for their regular price items instead of further discounting the sale items.

ya that's what i m betting on. i want to buy the navy trench but it's never on sale.

btw, anyone own the trench? mind posting some fit pic?
post #789 of 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBassist View Post

I hope they have an actual sale on boxing day for their regular price items instead of further discounting the sale items.

They did last year, so I'd imagine they'd do it again this year. I know some items are already on sale. The dip dye sweater is now $99 from $129.
post #790 of 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post

They did last year, so I'd imagine they'd do it again this year. I know some items are already on sale. The dip dye sweater is now $99 from $129.

Yeah, I saw quite a few items on sale at Bloor today, but not the specific items I want. I dropped by to make sure they still have what I want in my size to plan ahead for boxing day. shog[1].gif
post #791 of 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBassist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post

They did last year, so I'd imagine they'd do it again this year. I know some items are already on sale. The dip dye sweater is now $99 from $129.

Yeah, I saw quite a few items on sale at Bloor today, but not the specific items I want. I dropped by to make sure they still have what I want in my size to plan ahead for boxing day. shog[1].gif

I was thinking of doing the same thing on Saturday, but I'm not sure I'll bother. I'd probably hit the Queen Street store, then maybe the Eaton Centre, or Bloor. The best items might be gone after boxing day, but you could get lucky. Fall/Winter items were in stores for months afterward.
post #792 of 1952

I'm pretty sure they only sell it in the Bloor location.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post

Does anyone know where in T.O I might find the shirt in the middle? I thought I saw one in Bloor, but I think it said "made in Asia", whereas the one pictured is one of the "Made In the U.S.A" shirts. Is the Bloor location the only store that sells that line? I don't recall seeing them at the Eaton Centre.
525
A bit pricey, but I was hoping maybe they'd come down in price on boxing day. Also, has anyone actually seen the Mark Mcnairy's featured on their site? Someone here told me they were sold at the Bloor location, but I've never seen them.


 

post #793 of 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNguyen View Post

After reading this thread I learned a few things about CM:

[...]

- SF Approved.

lol. I don't think so. There's really no chain / mall brand that's commonly respected here. Although it's true that Club Monaco is not derided here like Banana Republic is. CM would be more accurately described as a brand that nobody loves or cares about, yet it won't invoke ridicule either. That's hardly approval.
post #794 of 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBassist View Post

I hope they have an actual sale on boxing day for their regular price items instead of further discounting the sale items.

ya that's what i m betting on. i want to buy the navy trench but it's never on sale.

btw, anyone own the trench? mind posting some fit pic?

I'm at Eaton Centre and I see the navy trench on sale for 199 and there's the 30% off sale items going on now.
post #795 of 1952
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBassist View Post

I'm at Eaton Centre and I see the navy trench on sale for 199 and there's the 30% off sale items going on now.

hum, lemme go check it out in NYC. thanks for the info.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing