The MIA blazers are a steal right now with the extra 40 off. Ordered a dark green cashmere blazer for $60 with an original $750 price tag. I did have a question, who manufactures these blazers/suits?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:38 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 8/5/15 at 11:44am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing - Page 144
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2147 of 21548/14/15 at 9:04amQuote:
Most likely some Ralph Lauren factory in the US. After all, they own Club Monaco.post #2148 of 21548/14/15 at 8:34pmMy thought was that it was Southwick, as I've seen fabrics at Club Monaco that I've seen at Epaulet's site for their MTO blazers. On one of the labels of a MIA blazer, the item code also began with SW, which made me think my suspicions were right.
Or there could just be multiple US factories/companies that make them too.
With Epaulet blazers coming in at $800 pretty soon, definitely looking to CM more.post #2149 of 21548/14/15 at 8:41pmpost #2150 of 21548/14/15 at 9:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by bibbert2
I've finally figured out the sizing on the MIA sport coats - go up one in chest size and in length, so if you're a 38R, go for a 40L if you want a traditional length and fit. Just picked up a gorgeous cashmere jacket reduced from $750 to $149 (don't let the lousy picture dissuade you) and ordered another in a wool, silk and linen blend. The ridiculously discounted MIA sport coats are definitely the best deal on the CM site right now.
Can anyone else confirm going up one chest size and going long? I do have broader shoulders for my frame and I know that CM usually fits slim...but wouldn't the sleeve length be too long?post #2151 of 21548/14/15 at 9:16pmpost #2152 of 21548/14/15 at 10:38pm
I got this exact jacket in 38R (also ordered the 40S) and I found the 38 fit better. For reference I am a 38. Also keep in mind though, this was unlined so it might have had a bit more room in the chest. For fully lined jackets, perhaps its different.
Anyways, as long as its not on clearance I believe, you can return the items for up to 14 days for full refund, so just order it and if it is not what you like, you can easily send it back. If you have a local store, it is much easier. This is in Canada at least, so I assume the US would be the same, if not better.post #2153 of 21548/23/15 at 8:45pm
So I ordered a 38R and 40L and as expected, the 38R was too cramped for the shoulders and jacket length too short (I am usually a 38-39R depending on the brand) but sleeves were ok. The 40L fit shoulders well and jacket length was good, but waist was too big and so were the sleeves. In all, it'll be hard to find a traditional fit with the CM suit jackets due to their shortened jacket lengthpost #2154 of 21548/24/15 at 3:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Jayess
So I ordered a 38R and 40L and as expected, the 38R was too cramped for the shoulders and jacket length too short (I am usually a 38-39R depending on the brand) but sleeves were ok. The 40L fit shoulders well and jacket length was good, but waist was too big and so were the sleeves. In all, it'll be hard to find a traditional fit with the CM suit jackets due to their shortened jacket length
The waist and sleeves are very easy to fix at a tailor. I've found it impossible to find something that fits perfectly right off the rack, and always get my stuff fixed up at a tailor.
- Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › RF Clark Saddlery Briefcase 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 22 minutes ago
- › Hall of Shame - eBay Listing Bloopers, What NOT to do 25 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 25 minutes ago
- › Metal aglets? 30 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 36 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 39 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015