or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing - Page 104

post #1546 of 2024
Where do you live? I think it really depends on how many locations you have available to you, although I haven't noticed a huge difference in quality when it comes to the stores. There is still a lot of overpriced stuff. And I find most of their shirts just don't fit all that well.
post #1547 of 2024

Have any of the taller SF members had positive experiences with Club Monaco clothes? I'm 6'6" and usually wear a 36/35 (I'm probably actually a 35 inseam, so I end up un-hemming/re-hemming 36/34s or 36/36s).

post #1548 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Huh? View Post

Where do you live? I think it really depends on how many locations you have available to you, although I haven't noticed a huge difference in quality when it comes to the stores. There is still a lot of overpriced stuff. And I find most of their shirts just don't fit all that well.

Overpriced yes. Thats why you never buy anything in that store at retail, I just wait for the sales and plus my cousin works there so discount icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I find for casual stuff their clothes fit the best along with J crew. My wardrobe is full of CM stuff.
post #1549 of 2024
Yep, I'd never buy anything there full price. Right now they've got 40% off sale items, and lots of sizes are still available. I really wanted that navy seersucker blazer, but missed it in 36.
post #1550 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Yep, I'd never buy anything there full price. Right now they've got 40% off sale items, and lots of sizes are still available. I really wanted that navy seersucker blazer, but missed it in 36.

Fear not. In 3 weeks there will be more stock. That mac coat actually went on sale, what do you think of it? When i tried it on a few months back it fit well.
post #1551 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusREX View Post

Have any of the taller SF members had positive experiences with Club Monaco clothes? I'm 6'6" and usually wear a 36/35 (I'm probably actually a 35 inseam, so I end up un-hemming/re-hemming 36/34s or 36/36s).

I am 6'2" (so not quite so tall) and wear 32/34 normally, but am quite skinny. Club Monaco's Medium fits me well for sweaters but the shirts tend to be a bit baggy. Some pants fit me very well but they tend to be a bit short on inseam. 

post #1552 of 2024

will they add more to the sale? im bummed i missed the mac coat 

post #1553 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Yep, I'd never buy anything there full price. Right now they've got 40% off sale items, and lots of sizes are still available. I really wanted that navy seersucker blazer, but missed it in 36.

nm...
post #1554 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Overpriced yes. Thats why you never buy anything in that store at retail, I just wait for the sales and plus my cousin works there so discount icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I find for casual stuff their clothes fit the best along with J crew. My wardrobe is full of CM stuff.

It's perfectly fine when bought on sale. Last item I bought from CM was this sweater (looks better on me, and I wear it with a shirt)



Their shirts tend to be too long, I find. They pretty much need to be worn tucked in.
post #1555 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Fear not. In 3 weeks there will be more stock. That mac coat actually went on sale, what do you think of it? When i tried it on a few months back it fit well.

If we're talking about the same one, I didn't like the big patch pockets.
post #1556 of 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

If we're talking about the same one, I didn't like the big patch pockets.

Fair enough.

What about this one?

http://www.clubmonaco.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=23042206&cp=12266410.12280856.12770908&ab=ln_men_apparel_outerwear

I wonder if it will drop in price as well
post #1557 of 2024
Looks fine I guess, though not at that price. Not something I need in my wardrobe.

I've moved into a smaller place, so apart from the obvious issue of spending too much money, I'm also trying to just buy the things I need and are versatile.
post #1558 of 2024
anyone try on the "modern slim fit" vs their normal slim fit?
post #1559 of 2024
Copped the varsity, black on black.

Price is 450, not 595.
post #1560 of 2024

is it only in the brick and mortar stores that they are 450? whats the deal?

 

 

anyone check out this mac coat in person? I'd appreciate an opinion on the quality and fit

 

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17048676&prodFindSrc=cart

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing