or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive) › Forum-bans are going to be happening
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Forum-bans are going to be happening - Page 2

post #16 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badseeds View Post
if you have like 10 items in one thread, and you drop price on all but a couple of them, then is that a legit bump? Thanks
I think that as long as you drop the price by 5% on one item, then it's considered a legitimate bump -- provided that you're not blatantly gaming the system. e.g. selling 4 Dior suits at $1000 each, but only dropping the price on an Express tie you have in your thread by 5% to bump the entire thread up
post #17 of 91
Why is this a new thread? Wasn't there an indentical thread already started? Just enforce the first thread.
post #18 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy View Post
I think that as long as you drop the price by 5% on one item, then it's considered a legitimate bump -- provided that you're not blatantly gaming the system. e.g. selling 4 Dior suits at $1000 each, but only dropping the price on an Express tie you have in your thread by 5% to bump the entire thread up
Selling five Diors suits for $1000 each and only price dropping one of them by 5% seems equally silly and egregious to me. As a matter of policy, I think every item in a for sale should need to come down by 5% in order to justify the bump, with perhaps the allowance of one Interest Check/exception per thread. And, in order to simplify things, the mods might want to consider having posters simply start a new thread whenever they have new items to sell. Cons: more threads, pros: easy enforcement, the rules and regulations are now precise and concrete; a thread, once started, cannot be bumped by the OP unless there is a drop of 5% on every item.
post #19 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Selling five Diors suits for $1000 each and only price dropping one of them by 5% seems equally silly and egregious to me. As a matter of policy, I think every item in a for sale should need to come down by 5% in order to justify the bump, with perhaps the allowance of one Interest Check/exception per thread. And, in order to simplify things, the mods might want to consider having posters simply start a new thread whenever they have new items to sell. Cons: more threads, pros: easy enforcement, the rules and regulations are now precise and concrete; a thread, once started, cannot be bumped by the OP unless there is a drop of 5% on every item.

sellers would just start posting one item per thread. next.
post #20 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Selling five Diors suits for $1000 each and only price dropping one of them by 5% seems equally silly and egregious to me.
see this right here is what shits me most about B&S. We make rules, and it takes a day til someone works out how to not-quite-break them....then we need more rules....then we end up with rules that sorta contradict the other rules. There need be only one rule: don't be a jackass. Since that rule seems to not stick, I am all for Fok turning the ban hammer into a nailgun.
post #21 of 91
I like that rule... "Don't be a jackass"
post #22 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Selling five Diors suits for $1000 each and only price dropping one of them by 5% seems equally silly and egregious to me. As a matter of policy, I think every item in a for sale should need to come down by 5% in order to justify the bump, with perhaps the allowance of one Interest Check/exception per thread. And, in order to simplify things, the mods might want to consider having posters simply start a new thread whenever they have new items to sell. Cons: more threads, pros: easy enforcement, the rules and regulations are now precise and concrete; a thread, once started, cannot be bumped by the OP unless there is a drop of 5% on every item.
As you also realized sometimes sellers have a few items that they are listing at final price already or as interest checks; and by requiring price drop on all items they are forced to start a new thread once they want to add new items(at kinda flexible prices). I think the rules should be executed on a case by case basis.
post #23 of 91
...and after three years of attempting to be flexible in moderating these things, we get so sick of people trying their luck that we end up with 'fuck you all, you don't listen, you get banned' moderation instead. Look, we are all cool. In the past two days, I know of two guys who have written to the mods with 'hey, this happened, is it cool if I.....' and in both cases, they got a yes. But we have put up with too much for too long in a subforum that brings us too little from a bunch of guys who push their luck too far.... edit - dammit twice in two days when I didn't quote and someone edited after I replied the above post previously suggested 'case by case flexibility in moderation'
post #24 of 91
Quote:
sellers would just start posting one item per thread. next.

You could add additional specific regulations to prevent exploitation of the hypothetical exception, but, yes, any allowance will of course end up being exploited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badseeds View Post
you didn't realize that sometimes sellers have a few items that they are listing at final price already or as interest checks; and by requiring price drop on all items you are forcing them to start a new thread once they want to add new items(at kinda flexible prices).

What is 'final price'? That concept is very difficult to reconcile with the rules of this forum. If you want to continuously bump your threads, the prices need to continuously come down.

TBH, you should probably have been banned about 50 times over.
post #25 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badseeds View Post
you didn't realize that sometimes sellers have a few items that they are listing at final price already or as interest checks; and by requiring price drop on all items you are forcing them to start a new thread once they want to add new items(at kinda flexible prices). I think moderation should be flexible depending on concrete cases.

Interest checks are dumb and shouldn't be allowed.

I don't think sellers should be allowed to bump at all for adding items. Of course there are times when this won't be to the best advantage to sellers or even to potential buyers. But in the interest of both fairness and simplicity (and in creating an understandable system that can be reasonably monitored without the need for an army of moderators) it should just be understood: once you start a FS thread, the seller cannot bump for any reason except to announce a legitimate price drop. Period. Period!

If it's just clear like this, sellers can and will organize their selling strategies accordingly. And although it's not perfect (no solution is) they can at least do so knowing they won't get knocked down the because of bogus bumps.
post #26 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
You could add additional specific regulations to prevent exploitation of the hypothetical exception, but, yes, any allowance will of course end up being exploited. What is 'final price'? That concept is very difficult to reconcile with the rules of this forum. If you want to continuously bump your threads, the prices need to continuously come down. TBH, you should probably have been banned about 50 times over.
wtf? Did you check all my sale threads? As a seller who seldom makes meaningless bumps I feel I am victim of these bumps which resulted in the hard rules. Styleforum used to be a lot more fun 2-3 years ago, with senior members having more self-regulation rather than making this kind of rootless accusation.
post #27 of 91
Those who don't abide by the rules dick those in the ass who do.
post #28 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by playdohh22 View Post
Those who don't abide by the rules dick those in the ass who do.
exactly. Hence my 'don't be a jackass' rule. That never stuck though. Who remembers the five cent price drop bump of a couple years back.... Anyhow, this is not the thread for discussion of 'what I think the rules should look like' - we already have a bunch of threads where you can take that. This is simply a mod-decree thread...and our own Chairman Mao has made his decree, soooo........
post #29 of 91
The rules are simple. There is really no excuse for breaking the rules.
post #30 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badseeds View Post
wtf? Did you check all my sale threads? As a seller who seldom makes meaningless bumps I feel I am victim of these bumps which resulted in the hard rules. Styleforum used to be a lot more fun 2-3 years ago, with senior members having more self-regulation rather than making this kind of rootless accusation.

actually, I may be confusing you with someone else with a similar user name. apologies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive) › Forum-bans are going to be happening