or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Your San Francisco Giants: World Series Champions 2010!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your San Francisco Giants: World Series Champions 2010! - Page 6

post #76 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Funny, I have lived with this rivalry since near birth and it always struck me that we cared about LA way more than LA cared about us. It's a very Giant reaction to want LA to lose out of spite but LA could never be bothered to even notice us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
I don't think that's unique to SF. LA generally doesn't seem to take notice of any other teams with which they have a rivalry (in any sport, professional or college).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
USC-Notre Dame is real.

USC and UCLA could give a shit about Cal and Stanford though. May as well not exist.
nice little town you got up there.
post #77 of 89
good to see that guy who survived a plane crash and being marooned on an island with a volleyball now has a World Series ring. he deserves it after all he's been through
post #78 of 89
When I used to watch Dodger-Giants games with my Giants friends/fans, I loved to bust their balls about what a dump Candlestick was, about Barry Bond's swollen head, and about the Giants not winning a World Series after they moved to SF. But, the Giants moved into one of the nicer new baseball stadiums, Manny got busted for steroids, and now the Giants actually won a World Series without the earth swallowing up the stadium first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
USC-Notre Dame is real. USC and UCLA could give a shit about Cal and Stanford though. May as well not exist.
Yes, UCLA and USC don't really care about Cal and Stanford. And, I would argue that SC fans don't want to see an increasingly irrelevant ND lose out their games, if only to boost up SC's strength of schedule. But, LA Dodgers-SF Giants, for me, is just different. If the Dodgers couldn't win the pennant, then I wanted to see the Dodgers play spoiler and deny the Giants the pennant. As fans, we're usually more wrapped up in these rivalries than the players, But, Jackie Robinson chose retirement rather than play for the Giants.
post #79 of 89
Winning without Barry Bonds...karma got that dude hard.
post #80 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire. View Post
When I used to watch Dodger-Giants games with my Giants friends/fans, I loved to bust their balls about what a dump Candlestick was, about Barry Bond's swollen head, and about the Giants not winning a World Series after they moved to SF.

But, the Giants moved into one of the nicer new baseball stadiums, Manny got busted for steroids, and now the Giants actually won a World Series without the earth swallowing up the stadium first.


Yes, UCLA and USC don't really care about Cal and Stanford. And, I would argue that SC fans don't want to see an increasingly irrelevant ND lose out their games, if only to boost up SC's strength of schedule.

But, LA Dodgers-SF Giants, for me, is just different. If the Dodgers couldn't win the pennant, then I wanted to see the Dodgers play spoiler and deny the Giants the pennant. As fans, we're usually more wrapped up in these rivalries than the players, But, Jackie Robinson chose retirement rather than play for the Giants.
nah, it's all about Lakers-Golden State
post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Winning without Barry Bonds...karma got that dude hard.
*edit forgot to call you a complete idiot. WTF does karma have anything to do with it? Pu-leez, your sympathy is not needed for the 13 time all star, 7 time MVP and STRONGEST offensive player of all time. everytime the Giants are mentioned, at least one stick will come out to make a barry bash.
post #82 of 89
Thread Starter 
Just got back from the parade. Took my boy, climbed on top of a building and got a decent view of the players. Place was a zoo. Lots of hot young girls without much on. Always nice to see. Go Giants.
post #83 of 89
^^Ah I'm jealous, stuck at work.
post #84 of 89
Jealous too, although I listened to it on KNBR so not all was lost.

"Where's the Machine!"
post #85 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStyles View Post


*edit forgot to call you a complete idiot. WTF does karma have anything to do with it?

Pu-leez, your sympathy is not needed for the 13 time all star, 7 time MVP and STRONGEST offensive player of all time.

everytime the Giants are mentioned, at least one stick will come out to make a barry bash.

My bad, I'll make sure your mouth is off his cock before I comment next time.
post #86 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Lots of hot young girls without much on. Always nice to see. Go Giants.

your inconsideration for your fellow SF members by not poasting pics is duly noted
post #87 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire. View Post
When I used to watch Dodger-Giants games with my Giants friends/fans, I loved to bust their balls about what a dump Candlestick was, about Barry Bond's swollen head, and about the Giants not winning a World Series after they moved to SF.

But, the Giants moved into one of the nicer new baseball stadiums, Manny got busted for steroids, and now the Giants actually won a World Series without the earth swallowing up the stadium first.



Yes, UCLA and USC don't really care about Cal and Stanford. And, I would argue that SC fans don't want to see an increasingly irrelevant ND lose out their games, if only to boost up SC's strength of schedule.

But, LA Dodgers-SF Giants, for me, is just different. If the Dodgers couldn't win the pennant, then I wanted to see the Dodgers play spoiler and deny the Giants the pennant. As fans, we're usually more wrapped up in these rivalries than the players, But, Jackie Robinson chose retirement rather than play for the Giants.

You are the first Dodger fan I have evet come across who cared one whit about the Giants.
post #88 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
My bad, I'll make sure your mouth is off his cock before I comment next time.

Fck I didn't hve a chance o respond to 'ol butter face.

RIP dipshit.
post #89 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post

Fact is that the real magic of the Giants this year is that if you go down the lineup there really aren't any perenneal All-Star/HOF-type players in the while list. Amazing. I can't really remember anything like it.

2002 Angels .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Your San Francisco Giants: World Series Champions 2010!