• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cee lo Green's tie in his "f you" video

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this tie Cee Lo's wearing in his "F you" video? I think it has a cool and unique look to it.

BTW, if you havent seen it yet check it out here and be prepared to play it over and over and over again...

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
I don't know. Proportionally, i think it looks weird given his largesse and 6 inch lapels.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed, it's too skinny for him.

He still looks bad ass overall, though.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
I like Cee Lo. But it's all in context - given who he is, he pulls it off. I couldn't.

EZ

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad I won't have to look at it on the display tables at BG.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talk about a song that gets stuck in your head. F-her to.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is the perfect tie to wear if your video is set in a 50's diner.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First, the orginial "karaoke" version was better. The song is great and the video kind of distracts.

Second, Cee Lo is wearing a zoot suit. The tie is perfect. In fact, for a zoot suit, it's pretty conservative.

Third, it was probably the hottest internet phenomenon of the year but now that SF is arguing about the width of Cee Lo's tie, Cee Lo's "**** You" video is officially over.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
First, the orginial "karaoke" version was better. The song is great and the video kind of distracts.

Second, Cee Lo is wearing a zoot suit. The tie is perfect. In fact, for a zoot suit, it's pretty conservative.

Third, it was probably the hottest internet phenomenon of the year but now that SF is arguing about the width of Cee Lo's tie, Cee Lo's "**** You" video is officially over.

God DAMN you are awesome!

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
keyboard_piano_keys_custom_necktie_tie-p151600195277077640t52u_400.jpg

amftx

Reaction score
All that effort for the video and no collar stays. Fail.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder

Just noting this for posterity. You must be super cool to have been a part of the hottest internet phenomenon of the year from the beginning. Too bad it's now officially "over" whatever the hell that means. Ceelo wrote a song, posted a video on youtube and people watched it. There is nothing exclusive about it.

JG000

Reaction score
To me, his tie in the video looks cheap.

I feel like I see "black and white checkered skinny ties" on eBay all the time. Sold from somewhere in Asia for less than $5.

Who knows where the costume designer came up with that piece. It very well could have been custom made. Or given their budget, they got it a thrift shop. Probably closer to the former than the latter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads